Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• Joining the bad news train just found out I didn’t get that job I really wanted and did 5 rounds of interviews for. They just decided they didn’t need to hire anyone. And my kitty is sick so off to the vet soon. 
    Good luck with your kitty!

Sorry to hear about the job.  That's really annoying.  I had something similar happen before my current job.  

A placement agency had contacted me about a job that sounded great and was really high paying.  A long time employee was leaving and they needed to replace her.  The agency provided them with resumes for qualified people.  The company was only interviewing people they had chosen from that agency.  Because of that, the agency even had one of their employees there to help coordinate the job candidates coming in for their interview.

I was called a few days later by my agency contact.  The company had worked something out with their employee and she was no longer leaving.  I was disappointed, but the person from the agency was PO'ed!!!  She maintained her professionalism at all times, but I could tell by some of her comments and word choices.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh I’m sorry x 2 @STARMOON44
  • Joining the bad news train just found out I didn’t get that job I really wanted and did 5 rounds of interviews for. They just decided they didn’t need to hire anyone. And my kitty is sick so off to the vet soon. 

fox tv GIF by Bobs Burgers

• @VarunaTT I’m so sorry to hear you won’t be able go to Sacramento but glad to hear you’re doing what you need to take care of yourself. 
  • Also joining the pity party.

@STARMOON44 and @VarunaTT, I'm sorry everything's so shitty. I'm going through shit too. This last month has really sucked. I'm job hunting again because I feel like I'm being railroaded to assume responsibility without a change to get up to speed.

I'm job hunting again. So far no bites though.
  • Jstump2 said:

@misskittydanger it’s always the small things that are just the straw that breaks us.

I’m sorry @charmedpam You definitely deserve better! If he can’t give you the respect of a conversation he was never going to be who you need.

@ shortandsassy I think you had suggested Sherwin Williams flooring a little while back. My husband stopped by their office today and got a sample and quote and was blown away by their pricing! We our possibly putting new floors in at the new house pending what the old house sells for, fingers crossed!

That was me! I'm glad you all found the rec. helpful.  I did MAJOR research a couple years ago when we bought those two duplexes we renovated.  We had over 4,000 square feet of flooring we were replacing (total), so I needed as rock-bottom a price as I could find!  But still a good quality and looked nice.  I looked everywhere and Sherwin Williams Flooring was hands down the best value.

If you all can possibly swing it at all, I'd recommend putting new floors in the new house before moving in.  It makes life SO much easier then trying to install new flooring a few years in the future, when all the furniture and "stuff" is already there. 

@VarunaTT, I'm sorry to hear you had to bow out of officiating your friends' wedding.  I know you were looking forward to that, but it sounds like that is the best choice for what you need to do for yourself.  Will you still be able to attend as a guest?  Or is most of the problem the time/money for a trip that is that far?   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy It was just going to be a small ceremony with the 3 of us, their witnesses, and a photographer.  Then, they'll come back home here for a reception when covid/travel is easier and more convenient for everyone (they're from my area).  So I won't miss out on the later party.  It's just super disappointing b/c I've known J since he was 16 and he even lived with me for awhile, and that's when he met L.  L and I are also super bonded and we both refer to L as my "mini-me" b/c of the outlandish number of things we have in common.

I'm just whining about a lot of things recently.  
  • @short+sassy i definitely want to if we can swing it!  We just want to make sure we are getting what we want for our old house first. We have enough in savings but don't want to drain that too much until we are sure what we will be getting from the sale of that house. We stand to make a really nice profit though!