Wedding Woes

I'd be more worried about the partners friend chooses than this.

Dear Prudence,

I recently came across an explicit photo online that appears to be a friend of mine. I can’t say for 100 percent certain, as she is facing away from the camera, but the resemblance seems more than a coincidence. The date of the photo corresponds to when she left but not yet divorced an abusive husband. Should I contact her about it? It seems that it should be an in-person conversion, but every in-person meeting she is with her new boyfriend. I don’t want to embarrass her. Though I want to make sure it is removed if it is her and if it is posted without her permission.

—A Worried Friend

Re: I'd be more worried about the partners friend chooses than this.

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    Wait, there’s no time when he’s not around?  A simple “hey, let’s do girls dinner.  Just the two of us” won’t work?

• Wait, there’s no time when he’s not around?  A simple “hey, let’s do girls dinner.  Just the two of us” won’t work?
    THIS! And friend just left an 'abusive' relationship.  Those details are more disconcerting than a 'maybe' online nude. 
  • Meet with her alone. If she doesn’t go anywhere along then there are bigger problems than a nude photo online. But that’s also a huge problem. Take things slow, ask to hang out alone and see where that goes.