Wedding Woes
Options

Oh Monday, you come again.

2»

Re: Oh Monday, you come again.

• Options
    YAY for a great vacation @climbingsingle!  You were in OBX, right?  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    YAY for a great vacation @climbingsingle!  You were in OBX, right?  
    Yes! In Avon. It was fantastic. Not too crowded either. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam She right now has limited fears lol, the one photo you can see she's actually trying to grab it and hold it like I was lmao! M had to remove her hand and tell her to pet. She kept saying "gentle" because we say that with her around the cats.
    Thing was 5ft, she is barely 3ft - silly tot thinks she can do things larger than her entire being lmao!
  • Options
    I'm already annoyed at my tenants who are moving out at the end of this month.  I know they are super concerned about getting their security deposit back.  Fair enough.

So she sends me a picture of some paint stripped off the wall because they had used a Magic Eraser to clean it.  And she is worried that we'll take something off the deposit when "it only happened because she was trying to clean and it's not her fault the paint is so cheap, it got stripped off".

Oh, excuse me?  First off, we don't use cheap paint.  It's mid-grade Behr.

Secondly, the Magic Eraser literally has instructions to "test" a spot.  Because part of it's "magic" is that it is mildly abrasive. She then tells me there are a number of spots in the house where that happened.

OMG!  If you saw the Magic Eraser was stripping the paint, then why TF would you keep using it!  I'd probably give them a pass if it was just in one spot.  Like, "Oh s**t!  This is the wrong product to use!  We need to switch to something else."

Plus, in my 1-minute Google search, yes the Magic Eraser will strip paint off a wall if it is used too forcefully.  Especially on glossy paint.  I think the paint in this house is semi-gloss.  Apparently there are a lot of things this product should not be used on because of it's abrasiveness.

At any rate, I didn't say anything yet because I only saw one pic.  But they requested a walk through, so I'm going to talk to my H tonight on when we can all get that scheduled.  And I'll show him the picture, so he is already prepared on how much it will be to fix that.

If it's an area here and there, probably not that much.  But I've had experiences where there were so many "touch-ups", that the end result looked terrible and splotchy.  So we had to go back and totally repaint the walls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Weekend was pretty good. Grand boys had their 3rd birthday party yesterday so we were up there for that. They were so cute. We got there on Friday. They kept saying Nana and Papa you here for my birthday?! If you asked them how old they are they would hold up 5 fingers and laugh because they knew they were 3 but were joking around. They went straight for cake and skipped eating lunch (those are my boys!). I was actually pleasantly surprised they were allowed more than one slice of cake! They got lots of active toys and trucks.

We got home this afternoon and picked up the dogs from their "resort" kennel. That place is expensive as all get out! The dogs seem to have done ok though. I was a bit concerned about how they would handle the place. It seems like mostly larger dogs are there (we have 10 and 12 pound doxies) and it doesn't seem like it is very personal. I don't know that we will use it again unless we have no other options. Both dogs are pretty worn out and pissed off at us at the moment. We shall see how they do over the next couple of days. 

I have a ton of yard work to catch up on. It rained so much the days before we left that I got zero done, and it has been hot since we left. The flower beds have been overtaken by weeds. Of course, I also have the usual house work to do. I'm home for a couple of weeks before we are off to Pennsylvania for a wedding. Luckily DS2 is keeping the dogs for us that weekend! 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @MissKittyDanger yea I did remind her. And I also told her that niece might have input on what she likes but I guess she just hates them all because she's uncomfortable with her body so she doesn't like any suits.  I should say niece's mom is also looking for suits but not having luck. My parents have a pool at their house so she always buys one to keep there anyway so that's what I was helping her find. She's also going on a beach trip this summer with her softball team for a tournament and she will need a couple suits - my brother is worthless with that kind of stuff so I'm happy to help look.
  • Options
    @kvruns Idk if you're in any mom groups but there could be some people who have a reference on good suits for her body type.
    Also amazon?
  • Options
    I really like The Mom Edit since they have a variety of body types and try on a ton of suits. 

Maybe they won't be the ones that every grandmother likes but I kind of think that's the point!
  • Options
    @kvruns Idk if you're in any mom groups but there could be some people who have a reference on good suits for her body type.
    Also amazon?
    I seriously bought 6 suits from Amazon and kept 2.  It allowed me to try some suits I may not have grabbed in a store.  I did have some LOLs with the ones that truly did not work. 

It honestly helps to try clothes on at home for me.  I don't feel rushed or stressed for time, plus I have plenty of room to walk around and 'test' how the clothing looks on and/or can try it on with clothes I already own. And store dressing rooms are just...the worst unless they are, like, the Von Maur dressing room or something.  LOL 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Also amazon?
    I seriously bought 6 suits from Amazon and kept 2.  It allowed me to try some suits I may not have grabbed in a store.  I did have some LOLs with the ones that truly did not work. 

It honestly helps to try clothes on at home for me.  I don't feel rushed or stressed for time, plus I have plenty of room to walk around and 'test' how the clothing looks on and/or can try it on with clothes I already own. And store dressing rooms are just...the worst unless they are, like, the Von Maur dressing room or something.  LOL 
    Also swimsuits are a weird thing to try on in stores!

@mrsconn23 because of your post I tossed a few similar in my cart to potentially buy :) 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I didn't see any on Amazon I liked. But I did get some from this ebay shop Secondipity they had buy 1 get 1 free, free shipping and free returns. I bought a tankini top from them for myself earlier this year so I knew it was legit. Hoping one works for her and if she doesn't like them I may keep at least one for myself