Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday?

No Tuesday post yet, figured I'd start :)

Re: Tuesday?

• Options
    Super tired today.  Working this morning to finish a couple "nice to get done" things.  Going home after lunch to have a zoom call with my 2 best friends from grad school!  Very excited to chat.  H golfs on Tuesdays so G and I will hang out tonight.  Nothing else going on really, just waiting for the new kiddo!
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2021
    I did not watch the doc yet @climbingsingle. I haven't decided if I want to because I can't stand Staub and $25k sunglasses lady.   And also Heather McDonald is not great. I'm just not sure if those are the 'experts' I'm gonna trust to be the crack investigative team...LOL  

My allergies got really bad yesterday as the wind kicked up.  It's windy again today too.  My nose isn't too bad right now, but I'm tired and my eyes hurt. My throat hurts.  Blerg  DefConn is having the same symptoms as me. I hope we both start feeling better soon.  Vacation is in 4 days, damn it.  

We have to go to our annual planning meeting for scouts tonight.  I am so not interested.  At least it's at Buffalo Wild Wings, so I can order a beer. 

I want to take a nap.  Effing Tuesday.  The worst day.  
  • Options
    I am back at work and tired today. I’m sure some of it is residual from the weekend but the family drama can’t help either. My Aunt’s lumpectomy is this morning and my brother is getting checked into rehab right now. Not that I feel like that’s going anywhere. It’s more a way to transition him out of the house for my parents and then tell him he can’t move back in. He has zero desire to change. He’s not even in a contemplative stage, so I’m realistic about the outcomes here. But my parents need their house back. It’s been so hard on them and at least this way it helps alleviate some of the guilt they’re feeling. 

Poor FI was in a funk about the drama from FBIL B. I knew it was going to happen. I hope he’s able to move past it soon. I think he just needs a few days. 

Otherwise SSDD. It’s going to be 109 today and I’m outside for most of the day. Uhhh. 

@CharmedPam good job on the workouts! 

• Options
    I was up early and went to the Y so I could beat the cicadas to the yard! I worked a solid 2 hours cleaning up flower beds. I got a lot done before those ugly critters started humming. They are so gross! Now I'm clean (had to wash all that itchy stuff off or I would be sneezy and itchy all day) and ready to run some errands. I have to return an eye shadow stick to Sephora. It came in the mail and the stick was broken! So annoying. Whole reason I order on line is so I don't have to go into the store. Oh well, best laid plans. I also need to exchange a shirt I ordered online.

Got some bad news yesterday. One of my best friends from college, here BIL had a heart attack and passed away. He was only 58 (2 years younger than us). She had just seen him last month at a family wedding. She is pretty shaken up. It has been a rough year for her with family deaths and a friend's terminal diagnosis. We don't live near one another so we don't see each other ofter (once a year). Just trying to support her as best I can. 
  • Options
    I was up early and went to the Y so I could beat the cicadas to the yard! I worked a solid 2 hours cleaning up flower beds. I got a lot done before those ugly critters started humming. They are so gross! Now I'm clean (had to wash all that itchy stuff off or I would be sneezy and itchy all day) and ready to run some errands. I have to return an eye shadow stick to Sephora. It came in the mail and the stick was broken! So annoying. Whole reason I order on line is so I don't have to go into the store. Oh well, best laid plans. I also need to exchange a shirt I ordered online.

Got some bad news yesterday. One of my best friends from college, here BIL had a heart attack and passed away. He was only 58 (2 years younger than us). She had just seen him last month at a family wedding. She is pretty shaken up. It has been a rough year for her with family deaths and a friend's terminal diagnosis. We don't live near one another so we don't see each other ofter (once a year). Just trying to support her as best I can. 
    That’s awful. I’m so sorry. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @mrsconn23 do parents have to go to cub scouts meetings too?  I’d love to get DS around some actual quality men without it being my dad all the time (not that the Pop Pop - grandson bond isn’t super sweet). But also don’t feel like adding another thing to my plate while finding sitting for my girls. Plus I’m not a very camping/go kart/building things kinda person. (Is that was they do at cub scouts? It’s just what I picture, lol).  
    @short+sassy yay for the trivia!  I haven't attended a trivia night in years but suddenly want to do it.
    @ILoveBeachMusic i'm so sorry to hear, how sad
    @NBSquared2017 all the fingers crossed!
    @Casadena hope you're keeping as cool and comfortable as possible

Pretty SSDD over here..

• Options
    Your friend got divorved around the same time as you? That’s a cool connection ! I’ll have to keep and eye out for the doc, I’m starting to get into them.

Yes! Crazy, right? Hers was finalized right before mine. 
  • Options
    @levioosa, good luck to your aunt and brother!  Though that does sound depressing your brother doesn't have any motivation to want to change.

@NBSquared2017, good luck to your H!

@ILoveBeachMusic, I'm sorry this has been such a tragic year for your friend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss @ILoveBeachMusic

• Options
    ei34 said:
    @mrsconn23 do parents have to go to cub scouts meetings too?  I’d love to get DS around some actual quality men without it being my dad all the time (not that the Pop Pop - grandson bond isn’t super sweet). But also don’t feel like adding another thing to my plate while finding sitting for my girls. Plus I’m not a very camping/go kart/building things kinda person. (Is that was they do at cub scouts? It’s just what I picture, lol).  

There are parents that drop their kids and go do other stuff.  But it also depends on the activity they're doing.  I think it also may depend on the pack and expectations.  The biggest thing is that a minimum of two adults need to be around at all times. 
  • Options
    Tax day in Texas (got moved up from May because of the February freezes).
    A client is bullying me. I'm having the worst onboarding because the person I'm replacing failed to share important information with me even today.

I hope things get better today.

@ILoveBeachMusic, I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    More in the files of "why don't people have common sense".  Apparently the lawn mower was stolen at one of our properties.

And one of the tenants called me at 2AM to tell me that.  I didn't talk to her, but she left me a message.  I don't leave my phone in my bedroom, for exactly these reasons.  And also so drunk idiots who dial the wrong number don't wake me up either.

She apologized for the late hour, but said the police were there and told her I should be informed.

Well, yes.  I should be informed.  But not at 2AM.  Who does that?!?  It's hardly an emergency.  And yeah, of course I'm also really PO'ed about the lawnmower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Meetings and more meetings. How do people get any work done when they’re in 6 hours of meetings? 
  • Options
    @levioosa, I’m sorry about that situation. I was hoping it was him who wanted to go, and it could have been a turning point :(
    @NBSquared2017 holy moly does that sound perfect. Fx he gets that interview!
    @ILoveBeachMusic sorry about your friend

• Options
    Ugh - the worst work days / weeks are ones that are clogged with meetings.  They are a surefire way to limit productivity. 

Today's rave:  RTIC!  I added a last minute insulated cooler bag to DH's Father's Day gift list at 2:12.  At 2:28 I got an email that it had Fed Ex tracking details!

If you're not familiar with them they are YETI without the YETI price tag.  We LOVE them. 
  • Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2021
    banana468 said:
    Ugh - the worst work days / weeks are ones that are clogged with meetings.  They are a surefire way to limit productivity. 

Today's rave:  RTIC!  I added a last minute insulated cooler bag to DH's Father's Day gift list at 2:12.  At 2:28 I got an email that it had Fed Ex tracking details!

If you're not familiar with them they are YETI without the YETI price tag.  We LOVE them. 
    Please let me know if you like this brand. I can’t justify spending so much for a Yeti cooler! 

ETA: spelling is hard?
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @short+sassy do you supply lawn mowers at all of your properties? 
  • Options
    I'm in such a mood.
    BK being delayed is likely a covid/socialization issue

I'm just .... sad and guilty. I feel this could have been avoided :\

I know it's not my fault ... but it feels like.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @short+sassy do you supply lawn mowers at all of your properties? 
    I do, except for one.  But I am seriously starting to rethink that.  This is the second one I've had stolen and I had a third one that was ruined when the tenant put gas or oil in the wrong place (something like that).

These are the two duplexes that are next door to each other.  The tenant who called me is responsible for her duplex and the other duplex has one guy who is responsible for that one.  But it is the same lawn mower.  The lawn mower is supposed to stay locked to the chain link fence when it isn't in use.  She's told me before the other guy sometimes doesn't lock it.  I'm not sure if that was the issue.  But she has a Ring security system. I'm going to see if she has footage of whether the lawn mower was locked or not.

Because, if it wasn't, then the tenant who didn't lock it is responsible for it's pro-rated cost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I would never think that a rental that required lawn care would provide the mower. Nice but definitely not the norm. Though maybe the thought is having the mower provided makes it more likely they actually mow and don't leave an overgrown lawn
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I'm in such a mood.
    BK being delayed is likely a covid/socialization issue

I'm just .... sad and guilty. I feel this could have been avoided :\

I know it's not my fault ... but it feels like.
    Oh I get it, but be gentle with yourself.  She's young enough that there's a ton of time for her to 'catch up' and you now know and will have resources to help her.  Covid has been hard on everyone and kids have definitely taken the brunt of certain situations.  She will be OK because she's got a good mom in you that will advocate and fight for her.  ((hugs)) 
    M's been saying all day, it doesn't help. Mom guilt :( 

I wish my mum was retired, at least potential for preschool could help catch her up and even flag if there are bigger issues too.
    I can't afford preschool & daycare - none here are full day, every day. If they were everyday even half day, I could figure it out.

Part of the socialization is also she doesn't understand taking turns, and interacting with others on play {she still parallel plays}