Wedding Woes

WEDNESDAY

2»

Re: WEDNESDAY

• kvruns said:
    how tall are you? I'm only 5'4" and i canreach mine just fine
    5'0".  I could probably open the microwave door and maybe even press the buttons.  But I'd be reaching up and couldn't really see what I was doing.

I'm also picturing the microwave getting gross, because I wouldn't be able to see any spills to clean them up.  Though that could become my H's job, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @levioosa I hope whatever happens for you that it's for the positive!

I woke up annoyed with MIL and I need to let it go.  We lamented last night about DH's director forcing a return to work, highlighted the issues that it causes and MIL started to defend the director.  It was almost laughable but I have to remind myself that I think she takes the adversarial view point because she likes it. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    It’s not a long documentary (and part two HAS to come! I’m surprised they even did it so soon?) so I saw it last night.  But from what I saw, she knew everything. 
    I’ve caught some eps of RHONJ but I don’t really remember her.  I will say she looks amazing for 49. 
    Edit to add: she declined any comments about this documentary and had no association with it, I’m surprised they dropped her?

• Well from what I read on some Bravo related IG accounts, the wording made it seem that she purposely either hid info from her lawyers, or straight up lied. They were speculating it had something to do with the 20 million he transferred to her EJ Global business. 
  • I still really want to understand Bravo's vetting process.  Maybe they have feds working for them and they get them to put these women on TV to bust them?  LOL...kidding, sort of.  But yeah, maybe Erika and Jen Shah will share a cell.  Hee. 
  • Also, I still haven't watched.  But enough of the podcasts I listen to have covered it and I've gotten the gist of it all.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Also, I still haven't watched.  But enough of the podcasts I listen to have covered it and I've gotten the gist of it all.  
    I think it’s only 1 hr and 15 or 20 minutes/.  Easy watch. Plus, I never use hulu so it was nice to get my money’s worth.  I actually opened the app by accident and saw that documentary on the screen and took it as a sign to watch it.  Lol

• mrsconn23 said:
    I still really want to understand Bravo's vetting process.  Maybe they have feds working for them and they get them to put these women on TV to bust them?  LOL...kidding, sort of.  But yeah, maybe Erika and Jen Shah will share a cell.  Hee. 
    I can't wait to see what happens with Jen Shah. AND they were filming when she was arrested. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I still really want to understand Bravo's vetting process.  Maybe they have feds working for them and they get them to put these women on TV to bust them?  LOL...kidding, sort of.  But yeah, maybe Erika and Jen Shah will share a cell.  Hee. 
    I can't wait to see what happens with Jen Shah. AND they were filming when she was arrested. 
    Did you see this?!  They TRICKED her.  LOLxforever

https://www.vulture.com/2021/06/jen-shah-legal-drama-update-says-cops-used-trickery.html
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Did you see this?!  They TRICKED her.  LOLxforever

https://www.vulture.com/2021/06/jen-shah-legal-drama-update-says-cops-used-trickery.html
    OMG. Please. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I dont keep up with RH stuff for the most part but I started the documentary this morning, have like 15 min left. I liked how I read somewhere Andy Cohen was side eyeing it hard bc of the 2 RH people used to talk about her in the show. I mean really they didn't have that much of a role in the documentary
  • I had no idea there even was a real housewives of Salt Lake City! 

• I had no idea there even was a real housewives of Salt Lake City! 
    Dude, also the most diverse cast they've ever had.  Jen Shah is Tongan and converted from Mormon to Muslim.  They have Mary, a Black Pentecostal preacher who married her step-grandpa to inherit her grandma's estate.  Meredith is Jewish (I think?) with her gay designer son, Brooks, and she and her H were on and off through the season.  Lisa converted from Judaism to Mormonism and she's an event planner who's supposedly the "Queen of Sundance".  Heather left Mormonism after her divorce and subsequent shunning because of her divorce, she runs a medspa kind of place.  Heather's cousin Whitney got kicked out after having an affair with her boss turned husband and Whitney's dad is an addict and hair dresser (who looks like the male Diane Warren) who can't stay clean and Whitney keeps trying to help (throw money) at keeping him sober.  There was also Sara, who was a side character, who turned up at the Jan 6th insurrection.   

The first season was insane and season 2 was given the gift of Jen Shah's arrest. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I just googled this marrying your step-grandpa thing and I'm still confused! Why in the world would her grandma have that in her will?!?
  • kvruns said:
    I just googled this marrying your step-grandpa thing and I'm still confused! Why in the world would her grandma have that in her will?!?
    That's why she (and her H?) say, but there's family dispute over it.  Mary has kind of said, "Well she wanted him to marry one of her girls."  She has a mom and an aunt (I think) that say it wasn't written that way and Mary wedged her way in there.  It's quite convoluted. 

Also there's a lot of questions of where the money actually comes from, because they definitely preach prosperity gospel and pressure their congregants to donate as much money as possible.  There's also whispers of abusive behavior in the church.  So there's a lot of darkness around Mary.

Mary swears they have a bunch of businesses (restaurants?) along with their church network.  She supposedly owns a house in Carmel, IN and has a church locally. 

She's cuckoo as hell.  She was the one who told Jen Shah she smelled 'like hospital' and talked about having her odor glands removed due to some terrible (and real, from my understanding) condition that would cause boils from her sweat.  She spent the entire season wandering around her house and closets with her assistant/housekeeper because she was made full time after the season was shot and it was the middle of COVID.  I'm curious to see how she is when she spends more time with the group this coming season.  She was weirdly very present and checked out at the reunion. She had some super valid points, but called her light-skinned Black husband 'white'.  She and Jen hate each other, so I'm very curious to see how she acts about her arrest. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Google tells me it is this - which I know that street is a very high end place bc I've known of 2 people who lived there (not people I know, friend of friends type thing) https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1123-Laurelwood-Carmel-IN-46032/73238616_zpid/

• kvruns said:
    I dont keep up with RH stuff for the most part but I started the documentary this morning, have like 15 min left. I liked how I read somewhere Andy Cohen was side eyeing it hard bc of the 2 RH people used to talk about her in the show. I mean really they didn't have that much of a role in the documentary
    Andy's response really pissed me off. First of all, they weren't being billed as experts, just women that had been on the shows. And probably, I would guess not many others would even agree or might not be allowed due to contracts or whatever. 

He clearly didn't watch. They had MANY legal experts and victims.