Wedding Woes

I don't think it's a feeling you 'get over'...?

Dear Prudence,

I just found out a man I’ve been sleeping with is a registered sex offender. While some crimes I would be willing to overlook due to life circumstances if someone was making a sincere effort to improve, sex crimes are generally not among them and this one is bad: he solicited a 15-year-old girl. I really liked this man and enjoyed our time together, but how do I get over this twisted feeling of finding out after that he did such a reprehensible thing?

— Disturbing Past

Re: I don't think it's a feeling you 'get over'...?

• Counseling. 
  • Counceling for sure.  Maybe an online support group or irl one? I’m sure LW isn’t the first to come up to this and talking to others who had gotten over it is helpful.  

• What's extra tough about these situations is they make you question yourself and your own judgement.  Which isn't fair at all, but people can be their own harshest critic.

Therapy should help the LW come to terms with their feelings.  I especially like the idea of group therapy or an online group that @CharmedPam mentioned.  That can help the LW feel that they are not alone and they are not to blame for making a bad choice in a romantic partner.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker