Wedding Woes

Break up with Brandon and Dylan and say, "I choose me!"

Dear Prudence,

I have a sticky situation. I met a guy through work and it’s been all fun and games, but now he has feelings, and I don’t know where I stand because we can’t speak the same language. It’s a lot of using a translator. But at the same time, I have a guy in my life that I loved for many years, but it’s like we won’t ever truly give each other a chance because of our past. Do I just give up on the guy I’ve loved for years and explore what could be with this summer fling, or do I try giving my all to a man I’ve loved for 10 years? I’m so confused.

— Searching for the Truth

Re: Break up with Brandon and Dylan and say, "I choose me!"

• It was my one stroke of genius today.  Haha. 
  • But FFS if you're going to have a child with Dylan then don't drag it out until the 3rd episode. 
  • I didn't even read the letter yet, but I freaking LOVE you for the title of the post...hahaha. 
    Yes!  I wish I could "Love It" for the title post.

The main thing I would tell the LW is stop the fantasies about 10-year guy.  STOP.IT.NOW!!!!  You've already wasted 10 years of your life on someone that it doesn't even sound like has ever been your b/f.  That is such self-defeating, abnormal behavior that I suspect there are sub-conscious reasons they've done that and should explore those in therapy.

New guy is more like a minor question inside a huge problem.  Probably not a good idea for the LW to date anyone at the moment.  And dating someone you need a translator app to communicate with sounds awful to me.  But then, I've seen people on 90DF marry someone they have to use a translator app with, so not everyone shares my opinion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was anticipating a 90210 vibes more lmao
  • I'm missing the pop culture references :D but could LW elaborate on the guy they've loved for 10 years and it not happening because of their past?  What happened in the past?  Are they on the same page as far as romance?  If so I'd go that route
  • Better yet- find someone new. (But not Matt he sucks). 

These aren’t the only men in the world. 
  • Better yet- find someone new. (But not Matt he sucks). 

These aren’t the only men in the world. 
    And sure Brandon is safe after the LW was pulled into a cult and then harmed in a fire but sometimes being a great person is not enough for a lifetime love match.