Wedding Woes

Back at it Tuesday

Getting back in the swing here since schools close for Indigenous Peoples Day.  How was everyone's weekend?  (And Thanksgiving for our friends up North?)  Saturday was my dedicated errands/decluttering/pushing the kids' seasonal clothing day, Sunday was my mother's Halloween party (we all had a ball) and yesterday I took the kids to a pumpkin patch, so it was nice.  Wishing everyone a good day!

Re: Back at it Tuesday

• Weekend was .... interesting.
    My aunt went over to my mum's on Saturday.

My mum, myself and my cousin all got cheques set up as "gifts" but it's inheritance.

Apparently after paying my nana's taxes and a bunch of stuff, there wasn't much left over in the estate.
    My aunt said after tax season, we all may end up getting more but isn't sure.

It's no small amount to me. I did talk to M about it. He & my mum want to be sure I spend SOMETHING on myself.
    But I want things that are for the house?
    Some money will go to a new couch after xmas.
    Some towards our kitchen {less HELOC}
    And I said to M, maybe we can plan a good holiday in the summer?
  • Glad you had a good weekend @ei34

We were at my parents house all weekend and it was so nice.  My grandma had so much fun meeting and snuggling N and watching G run around and play.  G is obsessed with "Dama" (grandma) and had a blast helping her cook and running around on the farm. N got lots of good snuggles with Gpa in the recliner watching football :)  

I woke up with my period and as crabby as I can remember being in a long time.  Just all around not feeling today.  Hopefully it gets better and i can power through some stuff at work.  
  • I spoke to someone at the SBA this morning about my loan for damage to my house.  He had sent me an e-mail yesterday.  I was expecting a nightmare trying to get in touch with him because that is almost always my experience with government agencies.  He answered his phone on my first call!  He was very nice.  He will be sending someone out to review my damage.  This is just for my personal home.  I also have an SBA application I haven't finished for the damage to my rental properties, but those are owned by my LLC so they need to be a separate application.

I don't know why I didn't already do this, but I just looked up SBA loan rates related to Hurricane Ida.  It's 1.125% for homeowners and 3% for businesses.  Sweet.  That definitely makes it worthwhile to apply.

Speaking of damage, my H and his buddy have been patching one of our rental roofs and fixing the vent damage.  They were doing that yesterday and today.  He says the work is awful, but it's going well.  And, while I don't want to wave off the sucky work he is doing...as long as the work is good and does the job...that is the most important thing and a huge "phew", since we couldn't find anybody else.  I should pick up something extra yums for dinner tonight, as a thank-you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My mum, myself and my cousin all got cheques set up as "gifts" but it's inheritance.

Apparently after paying my nana's taxes and a bunch of stuff, there wasn't much left over in the estate.

It's no small amount to me. I did talk to M about it. He & my mum want to be sure I spend SOMETHING on myself.
    When I inherited a bit of money from my grandfather I used 99% of it to pay off my debt, and with the rest I bought a beautiful photograph connected to his interests and had it framed. 

When I inherited a bit of money from my grandfather I used 99% of it to pay off my debt, and with the rest I bought a beautiful photograph connected to his interests and had it framed. 
    My aunt has a quilt being made for my cousin and I {separately} because she found the outfits she wore to my mum and dad's wedding, and to my aunt and uncle's wedding.

Honestly, I have a lot of memorabilia stuff {plus a couple I just wanna set up as shadow box}
    It has been briefly discussed between my mum and I that maybe the 3 of us {my mum, aunt and I} going to the spa for some relaxation after tax time {my mum and I figure my aunt will need it after all the tax stuff done}
  • There is construction going on in our office.  The Keurig on 3rd floor is broken.  The one that was on the 2nd floor was supposed to end up in the break room on the 1st floor, but seems to have gone missing when moving stuff for construction.  WHICH MEANS THERE'S NO GODDAMN FRESH COFFEE IN THIS CIRCLE OF HELL.  People are NOT happy, including me.

I went to one of the attorneys today and told him that he conducted himself in an unprofessional and offensive manner in a huge meeting we had with the new software onboarding team.  I said that I, and the 2 others in this office, had been working on this project for the last 6 months of our professional lives above and beyond our regular work responsibilities and we didn't need to hear snide or ugly comments about the program, that the onboarding team we had been working with didn't deserve such disrespect, that my professional opinion of him changed, I expected him to apologize to my other 2 colleagues, and I'd tell him when I was ready to hear an apology from him (sorry for the run-on).  He wanted me to give specifics and I told him I wasn't going to play that game (beyond trying to gaslight me, welcome to working w/attorneys), I knew what I heard, he knew what he said, and if he wasn't sure, the meetings were recorded (they're over Zoom).  He started trying to speak again and I told him I didn't come into his office to discuss this, I came to tell him my piece, he could do with that what he liked, thanked him for his time, and walked out.  I am beyond out of fvcks to give this place.  He has apologized to one of my colleagues already, to me (which I went ahead and accepted), and then sent a backhanded email which I'm sure the main boss is bcc'd on b/c I'm not a fool, asking to hear the recording of the meeting.  Which is fine.  Everyone heard his comments and I know they're on that Zoom meeting.  It wasn't cute, it was cruel and disrespectful of my time, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as my colleagues, and I'll be goddamned if I'm taking that BS on top of everything else here.

Otherwise, SSDD.  One of my main attorneys is going out of town for a week elk hunting and will have no service (which we are both happy about), so working to get his last bit of stuff finalized.  Finally getting all of my computer stuff put back together so I can hopefully start doing this online transcription job as a 2nd job and start banking money again.

Finally, I am re-reading Dune.  I haven't read this since high school, probably and I do remember liking it then.  I am also excited for the new movie.  One big however is that, damn if this story isn't some cishet white male messiah cultural appropriation book where the women have absolutely no agency except through Paul.  Not even just general men ala the Bechdel Test, but only one specific man!  Whew.  I might have to flip to NK Jeminsin next (I'm trying to read all of the Hugo Award Winners) just to cleanse this out of my brain.
  • @VarunaTT Oh jeez :\ Good for you for standing up for yourself! Fk that dude.

@banana468 stair falls are no joke :\ glad you're okay and fx no stitches! When M fell, luckily it was just a massive bruise and no gashes, but that was awhile to heal too
  • M & I briefly discussed it, but I'm currently on hold with the bank to talk about HELOC so we can get kitchen in process. I think that might be best place to start because I wanna get some painting done. {which includes kitchen} I don't wanna just buy paint and leave kitchen alone in case when people bring stuff in, the freshly painted walls get scuffed.

I'm hoping couch goes on sale, but as I said to M earlier - our main level is too cluttered to add new item into it {even if it's replacing} So we're spending solid amount of winter to declutter before re-looking at the couch idea.
  • Ugh today has been a day. I’m so excited about transitioning to my new role but my old role is pissed. I’ve been asked not to tell anyone I’m leaving so they can basically control the message. Which, I get, but it’s coming off very cold and dranconian. Like, I’m out but I owe them a whole lot and I need to do things their way. Definitely long passed time I left. 
  • I'm glad you spoke your piece @VarunaTT that guy is the worst
    @banana468 yikes!  Glad the fall wasn't too too bad!
  • Yikes Banana!! ((hugs)) Varuna. 

I'm here.  Tired.  I woke up around 3am and couldn't fall back asleep until DH got home, which was around 4.  

He had a tough first night.  Some expected and unexpected fuckery.  Plus there hasn't been a full time manager on his shift in over 6 months.  So people have been running things the way they think or want to run it and need to be corrected in some ways. Growing pains and all that. 

It was my turn to be mopey last night w/o DH, LOL.  DefConn and I had an alright time, but this is going to take some getting used to. 

I'm so glad I'm off tomorrow.  IDK if we're going to do anything, but not having to work is really all I need.  Ha.