Outdoor Weddings
Options

Deluxe Porta Potty ok?

Long story short, I was faced with planning my wedding in 6 weeks time. We thankfully found a venue, a Victorian style home, with large backyard for our 50-60 guests. Only problem was we could use the house for pre-ceremony, but the house will be unavailable for guests. Rented toilets are required. I tried every vendor but trailer restrooms were not available in my area for the Saturday date. I rented 2 Deluxe porta pottys with flushing, lights and sink, hoping for cancellation on a trailer…no luck.  One for men, one women. All other details taken care of, it’s next Saturday and it dawned on me there is no mirror inside, and I’m having porta pottys at my wedding. Vibe is cocktail casual. Any suggestions on an outdoor vanity set up, or how to fancy them up? I don’t see much online, except that many people will be offended/grossed out/will leave/etc which isn’t helpful. 

Re: Deluxe Porta Potty ok?

• Options
    Long story short, I was faced with planning my wedding in 6 weeks time. We thankfully found a venue, a Victorian style home, with large backyard for our 50-60 guests. Only problem was we could use the house for pre-ceremony, but the house will be unavailable for guests. Rented toilets are required. I tried every vendor but trailer restrooms were not available in my area for the Saturday date. I rented 2 Deluxe porta pottys with flushing, lights and sink, hoping for cancellation on a trailer…no luck.  One for men, one women. All other details taken care of, it’s next Saturday and it dawned on me there is no mirror inside, and I’m having porta pottys at my wedding. Vibe is cocktail casual. Any suggestions on an outdoor vanity set up, or how to fancy them up? I don’t see much online, except that many people will be offended/grossed out/will leave/etc which isn’t helpful. 
    If it makes you feel any better we rented a deluxe porta potty for a party once and it worked out really well. Was it a porta potty, yes, but the deluxe version was so different from the typical ones. You might be able to hang a mirror above the sink inside. The lightning in there isn’t ideal but I don’t know how long people will want to linger regardless. Tbh you probably could have rented a third restroom with 60 guests. If you want, you could set up a little card table with a nice tablecloth, and amenities like a vanity mirror, gum, and tissues. Or you could look at renting or borrowing a stand up mirror and have it set up to the side. 

• Options
    I'm not familiar with what a deluxe porta potty is, so I won't be any help for your specific question.

But just wanted to add in that, from how you described it, I wouldn't be offended/grossed out/leave if I were at an outdoor wedding or party that had one.  I think it sounds fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maine7mobmaine7mob member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2021
    Even the regular, non-deluxe portable toilets often have mirrors mounted inside the door. Are you sure yours doesn't? But if it doesn't, I wouldn't worry. People who need to fix their makeup probably have small mirrors in their bags or you do as suggested and hang one in there.

And I would not leave a wedding just because of a Porta potty. As long as there's a place to pee, you're fine.
  • Options
    I don't know what a deluxe porta potty is but hate regular ones. I would suggest labeling one for women and one for men. It grosses me out when I go into a restroom and a man has peed on the the floor where I have to stand.