Wedding Woes
Options

Classic: You can give an honest review or no review at all.

When I bought my car, the salesman swore up and down that he’d be fired if we gave him anything less than a 5-star review to Honda corporate. I don’t want that on my conscience, but it wasn’t 5-star service. What do I do?

Re: Classic: You can give an honest review or no review at all.

• Options
    Be honest.  

Also tell Honda corporate that the policies in that dealership suck. 
  • Options
    you don't have to leave a review at all?
  • Options
    It's a review, not a court-order.  I'm a notorious non-reviewer. I just hate doing them.  

Also LW, you're letting a salesman gaslight you.  He's probably lying and if he's not, then he should be better at his job than having one non-5 star review sink him. 
  • Options
    Is there a way to confirm what the dealer said? I would ask about that, it seems sketch a.f
  • Options
    You can just not review him
  • Options
    You can just not review him
    That's what I'd do.  I also find it hard to believe they'd fire the salesperson if he was given less than 5 stars.  Car sales jobs usually have perpetual job openings because most people don't want a commission-only job.  Most companies don't fire people who are at least competent, if they'd have a hard time replacing them.

Now!  If I'd been told this during negotiation, I would have used the promise of a 5-star review to get more of my way, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This would make me more likely to write a review. An honest one that also includes this exchange.

I seriously doubt that dude is going to get fired over a 4 star review, but I really hate people/companies who try to manipulate reviews. It's like the Amazon sellers who won't refund you for a broken thing unless you promise to take down your negative review.