Wedding Woes

Monday after T-day

Hope everyone had a nice (and long for those in the US) weekend!  What did everyone do?  I'm still catching up on the last couple weeks.  

Re: Monday after T-day

• We have had a pretty ridiculous last 3 weeks.  I got a positive COVID test on Wed 11/10 and we have all been quarantining since then.  I felt awful for almost a week (H and I are fully vaxxed, but not yet boosted) but luckily it felt like a bad cold with severe GI symptoms and I didn't have any loss of taste/smell or breathing issues.  Initially I went to the clinic bc I get strep pretty frequently and thought it was that...but nope!  It was hard to actually rest enough to recover quickly because H just started a new job and couldn't take a ton of time off but the boys were home with us for 20 days (10 days for me, 10 after that for the boys.  But we made it through and we were all SO excited to get back to work/school today.  

We had planned to visit my family for 5ish days last week but obviously that didn't happen.  My IL's felt bad about us in quarantine on Thanksgiving so they ordered us a Thanksgiving feast from Whole Foods - it was super great!  

I feel so behind at work and in life - i need to get Christmas stuff figured out for everyone and we have no food in the house.  I was gifted an Instant Pot from our local "buy nothing" facebook group and am excited to try it and hope it will cut down on some cook/prep time for weeknight dinners.  Need to figure out how to use it and find some good recipes though!

I missed you guys!
  • OMG that pic is hilarious @charlotte989875!!  
  • @Casadena that’s the pits! Glad you had a mild case and it’s all over now, but what a bummer over Tgiving no less!
    Sounds like a fun weekend @mrsconn23, hope you can rest tonight?
    @charlotte989875 I cannot love that pic anymore lol

• @CharmedPam Which palette?

@Casadena Oh shit! Glad it was mild. Did they know what strain? Thoughtful of IL's to send you food :)

@mrsconn23 congrats to your friends :) go rest!
  • I’m glad your quarantine is over and you’re feeling better! @Casadena

TG was pretty good! Minimal to no family drama. It was a little exhausting to drive almost 4 hours to hit both thanksgivings, but I’m glad we saw both families. I did feel a little bad about rushing out from my grandparents, but we were there for four and a half hours. It just went by super quick. Then we drove home, switched cars and drove to the in-laws. FI’s mom was a little overwhelmed so I spent a chunk of TG there helping her organize and clean up. Then we went back home and pretty much passed out. 

Friday we did some Black Friday shopping. I’m so close to being done with Christmas shopping but my wallet is on fire. I also baked a lot this weekend which was fun. I’m back at work today and trying to stay away from the deals because I shouldn’t spend any more money. 

• @Casadena, I'm sorry to hear you tested positive and were sick for a week, but at least it wasn't too bad.  I hope you like your Instant Pot and it helps with food preparation/leftover stock-ups.

@mrsconn23, congrats to your friends!  I'd be relieved also just to no longer be keeping that secret!  I'm excited for a "Monday" Prudie.  That's what I NEED to help me through the workday after a long weekend, lol. 

@CharmedPam, oh my!  New guy already meeting the parents ;).  I'm glad you found some good Pat McGrath preBF deals.

Overall, I had a good Thanksgiving weekend.  Though I ran around more than I was expecting.

Thanksgiving Day -- totally expected to be home/neighbor's all day.  But no.  I found Boudin's Sourdough (from SF) stuffing at Costco.  My H and I were so excited to try it.  My H opened it up T-giving morning.  It was nasty and completely rancid.  Wow, okay.  I had just bought it one week earlier.  So off to the only grocery store open, to buy Stove Top instead.  It may not be fancy, but at least it's never rancid before the expiration date (eyeroll).  Come back home and we discover the chicken stock we bought had the seal opened.  You cannot be serious, lol.  I can go a whole year and not have one grocery item that was bad, at purchase.  But T-giving morning, I had TWO.  Fortunately, we had a couple cans we were able to use instead.

We went to our neighbor's house and had a fantastic meal.  Though we were disappointed our elderly neighbor couldn't join us.  She wasn't feeling up to it, unfortunately.

Friday, we went to the bank.  Then I cashed in on some birthday freebies that were going to expire at the end of the month.  Free sandwich and drink from Jimmy John's.  Free scoop of ice cream from Baskin Robbins.  Bonus that those two locations are next door to each other, lol.  We were supposed to go to Home Depot also, but my H forgot the coupon.

Saturday, we were supposed to do our gig job, taking hotel pics.  My H usually does that by himself, on bike.  But he wasn't feeling well and we still needed to go to Home Depot to get a replacement ventless heater.  This time with the coupon!  Unfortunately, there's a huge stupid college football game every Thanksgiving weekend that I forgot about.  It was such a complete madhouse, we only got one hotel and then bailed.  Hopefully my scheduler will be understanding.  Quite frankly, considering we did this route for five months while being paid almost nothing, they should be.

Sunday -- Finally!  I have a day with no errands to run and can stay home.  Not so fast!  My H is still feeling sick and couldn't sleep much the night before because we don't have "real" Nyquil.  The "off" brand we have...you know, the one that is 2-3x cheaper...never "works" for him.  I think that's all in his head and have told him that before (though not yesterday).  But, whatever, he insists he needs "real" Nyquil, so I drive to the store and spend TEN dollars on ONE bottle of that stuff.  Yeesh.  But then he was able to take a long nap and felt a lot better when he got up.

Sunday night had four weddings on 90DF-The Other Way!  So that was at least some good tv watching to wrap up my weekend.

And now I am back to the grindstone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No turkey days for us lol but I've had a fairly decent few days.
    I have to pick up a few more items and do some baking, but 90% of shopping is done.

As mentioned before, my late 2021 and 2022 goal is organizing. I'll be tackling my pantry after xmas once I can get bins etc.
    Our basement is also to be cleaned. I've asked M to start that since a lot is his. I'll be having him tackle in short things - like having him focus on 1 or 2 items at a time. {ie: clear trash, or pick up tools etc} That way he won't get overwhelmed.

We have to get winter tires soon and good lord they are expensive :( Like around 1000$ for all 4 and that's without putting them on, plus idk if we need rims. Guhhhh

My xmas party was Saturday. It was so good :) Some interesting announcements came out and it was a bit of a shock but overall exciting. It's more changes at head office but overall it affects everyone mildly.
    It did cause a dance party later lol

M was fairly hungover next day. He doesn't drink much and often forgets to drink water if I'm not around {we ended up sitting across room from each other}
  • Congrats on the new car @MyNameIsNot.  I was going to put up my tree too, but had to drive to a few Sally beauty shops to find what I wanted, grocery shop and well… just watch 90Day instead.  So I get you.

@short+sassy, I may have to side with H on nyquil.  I’m usually all for generic brand names, but just some stuff you can’t mess with! However, generic “airborne” is just fine for me.

@MissKittyDanger, this one:
    https://www.patmcgrath.com/products/mthrshp-mega-celestial-odyssey?variant=39522029207621
    I used to love colorpop, but the fall out has been so annoying lately I probably won’t buy that anymore! I love urban decay and I never tried PM, but her foundation hasn’t disappointed me yet.

• @CharmedPam Oooh! I've never used the products but I've heard they're good. I'm excited for you!
    Meanwhile I'm going thru my makeup because it's old and I don't wear much anymore lmao
  • @Casadena glad you are feeling better but so sorry your holiday plans were trashed.

Had a good weekend. DS1 and DIL got here late Wednesday. TG was low key with our traditional fare. I will have to say the pumpkin pie I made was one of the best I've ever done - same recipe but no idea what was different. TG night we watched Black Widow again (DS1 and DIL hadn't seen it). Friday we/mostly I decorated. F night we watched the first two episodes of Hawkeye. Saturday morning we decorated the Christmas tree and FaceTimed with DD and the boys. DS1 and DIL left shortly after lunch. Yesterday was church and then starting prep for my colonoscopy - yuck! My appointment was at  this morning. I got very little sleep over night so I went straight to bed when I got home and slept for 4 hours! Now I have a bit of a headache but other than that feel fine. H picked up a breakfast sandwich and scone for me on his way to pick me up from the endoscopy center. 
  • Glad you're feeling better @Casadena but oh gosh what a drag!
    Yay for the new car @MyNameIsNot   adorable @charlotte989875

Thanksgiving was nice.  Friday was cleaning out all the autumn/Thanksgiving decor, and relaxing.  On Saturday me sister and I took our kids to the Bronx Zoo Holiday Lights, it was beautiful and fun.  Yesterday I started decorating for Christmas.  Indoors is about 25% decorated and I'm liking it, before the entire house looks like a total Christmas zone.  I also completely did outside.  I'm used to doing the lights since STBXH does nothing and never has, but - and this is so anti-feminist, and I know women can do everything men can- I hate that chore and wish I was married to a man (like my mom, sisters, cousins, coworkers) who just did the lights.  I hate ladders and nails and all that.  The kids loveeee seeing the house and yard lit up so it's worth it, but I do wish I was one of those people married to someone who did the lights.  STBXH was a bit edgy over the four days and was at his worst by last night, so I'm really happy to be back at work. 
  • I love Pat McGrath! It’s my go to for dance make
  • @ei34 it’s okay. I’m a staunch feminist but I lose my mind over yard work and I’m so glad FI is around to do it. Because if it was up to me and I was the only one I would either move to a townhome or I’d have a gardner lol. 

• @ei34 I think it's normal to want to default things you hate to a male. I default trash and litter box cleaning to M - hate doing it.

{fun story, M was cleaning litter boxes and since Penny is solo and we still have 2 boxes, she's decided 1 box is pee and other is poop}
  • @ei34 I think it's normal to want to default things you hate to a male. I default trash and litter box cleaning to M - hate doing it.

{fun story, M was cleaning litter boxes and since Penny is solo and we still have 2 boxes, she's decided 1 box is pee and other is poop}
    That’s some good organization there

• So Pat McGrath Chevlyand is a car dealership near my hometown and i was VERY confused about why you would go there for pallets (and i had wooden pallets in my head...) and didn't think that care dealerships typically BF deals.  *eye roll*  

I am very obviously not good at makeup, lol. 

Darn you, Penny!  Now I want two toilets, lol.

We have an automatic litter box.  Our cat Maple Bar is fascinated by it.  She'll stand outside of it and "paw at the air" to make it move.  At first she was guessing where to paw at, but now she does it perfectly to trigger it.

She'll also use it.  Get out of it.  And then stay to watch the machine do its thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weekend was pretty good.  We did our Covid test on Weds evening and planned to stay home for a few days until we got results (were told it could take 24-72 hours!).  I took a turkey breast out of the freezer and gathered sides.  

We got Negative test results overnight but still stayed home on Thurs.  Friday I made us pancakes and then took a 2 hour nap!  We watched all sorts of TV and Wizard of OZ. I went out and met friends on Friday night. 

Saturday I made pies for Sunday and put up the tree.  Sunday, I had to go for another test (employee protocol - baseline & day 5), then picked up our photo Christmas cards at Walgreens.  Came home and packed things up to take to my brother's house for my family Thanksgiving.

There was some family drama yesterday as my youngest brother & gf never showed up for dinner at 1 PM.  He finally sent a text at 3:30 PM saying he had a bad night and overslept.  Not sure what was going on there but at least he reached out.  We were worried something had happened to them.  

Annual mammogram this afternoon and then meeting my brother and Mom to look at a van for her.

That’s some good organization there
    It was fun to hear M's reaction when he discovered it.
    "What in the .... Penny you're weird but I guess this makes it easier. This is just odd" {he is speaking to himself}

He comes into BK's room and I ask why he's talking to himself.
    "Penny is getting weirder. She uses one box for pee, other for poop."

Darn you, Penny!  Now I want two toilets, lol.

We have an automatic litter box.  Our cat Maple Bar is fascinated by it.  She'll stand outside of it and "paw at the air" to make it move.  At first she was guessing where to paw at, but now she does it perfectly to trigger it.

She'll also use it.  Get out of it.  And then stay to watch the machine do its thing.
    We considered getting the machine one but I could never justify price when we would've had to get 2
    We're going to order fancy litter next time we need litter. "Pretty Kitty Litter" It'll flag you if there's something in urine {like UTI, etc} It doesn't diagnose but it's more like "hey there's something up with your cat's pee. You should consult with a vet"
  • Had a nice long weekend. Went up to my parents' house Thursday. Friday I was exhausted and didn't leave my apartment all day. Saturday I had a friend over for brunch. Sunday I went upstate to see my dude. 

Got tickets today for a NYE concert with my dude as well, so that will be fun. It's nice to actually be looking forward to a NYE. It's been a while! 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    OMG that pic is hilarious @charlotte989875!!  
    I could not stop laughing at him. He was just so excited about the window.