Wedding Woes
Options

Finally Friday

2»

Re: Finally Friday

• Options
    banana468 said:
    We were going to tell them on Christmas Day.

I'm annoyed that this didn't have to spread like it is. But I also need to put my issue at a 1st world problem and hope that the cast and crew impacted make full recoveries.
    Ugh I’m so sorry y’all can’t go! Such a bummer (and totally fine to be really disappointed). 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2021
    Omg what a great idea @short+sassy.  I need to go to Costco anyway and I am GETTING that! I have some sf hot chocolate but maybe coffee too?

i love that ornament! If my parents still lived in Memohis, I’d suggest they take a trip there and pick that up.  They loved that city!
    The brand Costco has is Screwball.  It's a 750ml size.  I think it was in the mid-$20 range.

I've thought about trying it in coffee also, but haven't done that yet.
    $28.99 lol.  But yeah a nice size bottle.  I did end up getting it.  Probably should have sampled a smaller bottle at my grocery store to see if I liked it first?  Hell. It’s peanut butter. I’ll like it.  I think screwball was the brand advertised and they were out, right? Or was it the brand they had/we got?

sorry about the Rockettes @banana468, but your attitude is good about it all. I mean… what else can it be? Like you said, best time to go is when it’s open. 

• Options
    Oh and now Chiquito's had a dry cough all day.  He's acting fine otherwise but we will plan drive through testing Mon to make sure this is family post nasal drip.  
  • Options
    Chiquito went to bed with a 100 degree temp.  He's not a confirmed exposure but I'm concerned. :-/
  • Options
    Oh no Banana! Hope it is just a cold but either way, thank goodness he's vaccinated.
  • Options
    Oh no Banana! Hope it is just a cold but either way, thank goodness he's vaccinated.
    100 degree fever at bedtime.  We are calling the pedi in the morning and will be getting him tested.
  • Options
    FX that it is just a cold!
  • Options
    Oh @banana468 really hope it’s a cold or just regular kid stuff!!
  • Options
    Oh no @banana468, how is he today?

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2021
    He had a 103 fever this morning.  DH took him to the pedi and he immediately tested positive for Flu A (he's vaccinated).   I'll hear about his Covid test results tomorrow.  

I prepped the fam and said we'll make a decision about Christmas by mid-week.  If he's better and no one else is symptomatic (3 out of the four of us rec'd flu shots this year) then I'll say Christmas is on but if by Wed he's still running a fever I'm going to tell the family to stay home and find new plans.  It isn't fair to wait until Friday to tell them.  

If he's also Covid positive then obviously we aren't doing anything other than having Christmas in our house alone.  He'd need to isolate until the 18th.  

Also, thanks for the well wishes!  @charlotte989875 how are you and your crew doing? 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, good memory!  The restaurant we were at did not have Screwball because that was what I first asked for.  But they did have a different brand of peanut butter whiskey.  I figured as long as I like peanut butter whiskey, the brand wouldn't matter so much because I don't have enough of a discerning palate, lol.

@banana468, I'm sorry to hear about the Christmas show being cancelled and that Chiquito has been feeling so bad.  I hope his test comes back negative and he is feeling better for Christmas.

@MIssKittyDanger, I really like the Nissan Leaf.  It's on my short list of "next car I'll get".  Something else to consider is to get a used one that is only a few years old and then buy an after market warranty for it.  Overall, you'll save a lot of money that way and still have the security of a warranty if something goes wrong. Though interest rates are a little higher for used car loans vs. new car loans, so keep that in mind when crunching numbers also.

My other car buying trick is, if you take out a typical 60 month loan, you can roughly cut out the last year of payments by making two extra payments for the first four years.  But it doesn't have to be two big chunk payments.  It can be stretched out over each year.  So, for a $400/month payment.  If you can pay $467/month instead, you'll be making two extra payments per year. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @banana468 oh, all of that sucks! I hope he's better very soon!
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    He had a 103 fever this morning.  DH took him to the pedi and he immediately tested positive for Flu A (he's vaccinated).   I'll hear about his Covid test results tomorrow.  

I prepped the fam and said we'll make a decision about Christmas by mid-week.  If he's better and no one else is symptomatic (3 out of the four of us rec'd flu shots this year) then I'll say Christmas is on but if by Wed he's still running a fever I'm going to tell the family to stay home and find new plans.  It isn't fair to wait until Friday to tell them.  

If he's also Covid positive then obviously we aren't doing anything other than having Christmas in our house alone.  He'd need to isolate until the 18th.  

Also, thanks for the well wishes!  @charlotte989875 how are you and your crew doing? 
    Ugh- really really hoping it’s just a regular flu for him! 

We’re doing okay- yesterday was the worst for H and I but we’re both doing a bit better today. Baby M still has a runny nose but looks so much better and is running around everywhere. He’s on day 11 or 12 so hoping we’re nearing the end for him!
  • Options
    Oh no @banana468!  I'm sorry for everything.  Sick babes and canceled plans are so tough and just feel even worse this time of year. Hoping it's not Covid, but the flu sucks too.  

I'm glad you're seemingly on the upswing in your house @charlotte989875.  I'm sure this has been so difficult and scary.