Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Entrees

Hi all, 

I am struggling with our reception entrée choices. We have 5 options and can choose 3. 2 are chicken, 1 is beef (extra cost), 1 is pork chop and 1 is fish (extra cost). We are pretty sold on the beef and 1 chicken, but I am torn between the pork chop and fish. The issue is that the beef and fish have additional costs associated with them. So we were given 5 options, but 2 cost extra. The beef is already costing us more and I am afraid to add the fish as well for another cost. Do we need a fish option? Or can I get away with beef, chicken and pork chop? We'd of course make accommodations for vegetarians and allergies. 

Thanks!

Re: Reception Entrees

• Options
    I would go with fish over beef to spend extra on. I know a lot of people avoid red meat or limit meat to seafood for health reasons. Of course pescatarians could always get the veggie option, but it's something to think about. Still, it's hard to choose without knowing exactly what the meals are. If the beef is something you know a lot of people will enjoy, I'd do that over a less appealing fish option. 
  • Options
    I agree that it depends on the individual dishes on which to pay extra. I don't know that a lot of people would go for pork over beef or chicken (again depending on the preparation). I know I wouldn't. I know you said you will accommodate vegetarians but is there a vegetarian entree you could choose? DD had a delicious vegetarian options that several non-vegetarians chose.
  • Options
    If vegetarian options are available, I'd pick one of those as the third entree.