Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

5 daughters between us! Need a processional song?

We have 5 daughters and 1 son between us.  Our kids are who we have as our bridal party.  My son will walk me down the aisle.  All 5 girls will be walking alone as the bridesmaids.  What song would be a good father-daughter song? Preferably from the daughter to dad.  We listen to Red Dirt music primarily, but I am open to all suggestions.

Re: 5 daughters between us! Need a processional song?

• We have 5 daughters and 1 son between us.  Our kids are who we have as our bridal party.  My son will walk me down the aisle.  All 5 girls will be walking alone as the bridesmaids.  What song would be a good father-daughter song? Preferably from the daughter to dad.  We listen to Red Dirt music primarily, but I am open to all suggestions.
    Maybe I've just been to too many Catholic wedding masses, but don't BMs/WP/everyone but the bride process in to like Handel or Bach?  Just something classic and instrumental?  
  • ei34 said:
    We have 5 daughters and 1 son between us.  Our kids are who we have as our bridal party.  My son will walk me down the aisle.  All 5 girls will be walking alone as the bridesmaids.  What song would be a good father-daughter song? Preferably from the daughter to dad.  We listen to Red Dirt music primarily, but I am open to all suggestions.
    Maybe I've just been to too many Catholic wedding masses, but don't BMs/WP/everyone but the bride process in to like Handel or Bach?  Just something classic and instrumental?  
    Non catholic here but I've had the same experience.
  • How about How sweet it is by James Taylor or Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler?
  • ei34 said:
    Non catholic here but I've had the same experience.
    Yes!  I even take back the Catholic thing...just every wedding ceremony the processional for all but the bride is just a classical piece.  Then at the reception for that WP roll call at the beginning, and the bride/FOB and groom/MOG dances toward the end is where I tend to hear more personal, contemporary songs.