Wedding Invitations & Paper

Minted invitations - how strange!

vt_professorvt_professor member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited January 2022 in Wedding Invitations & Paper
Has anyone run into this problem: My fiancé and I just designed our Save the Date cards and our wedding invitations through Minted, choosing a basic design and then asking for several custom design changes, including the addition of a watercolor illustration. The process was both easy and satisfying, but when the packages arrived in the mail, the Save the Date cards were of far better quality. It seems the Save the Date cards were printed on their “smooth signature” paper, which is ideal for photographs, while the invitations were printed using plain “signature” paper, which has a coarser texture. This seems especially strange since the invitations cost considerably more for the same number of cards. 

I’ve reached out to Minted customer service and they insist that while most of their cards are printed on smooth card stock, wedding invitations cannot be. I find this to be truly baffling and I’m tempted to select a Save the Date design and convert it from there into an invitation, through the same Minted custom design service we used in the first place, even though such a workaround seems utterly ridiculous. If the paper is available, why shouldn’t they be able to use it upon request?

Any thoughts or suggestions on navigating a problem like this?

Thanks!

Re: Minted invitations - how strange!

• Has anyone run into this problem: My fiancé and I just designed our Save the Date cards and our wedding invitations through Minted, choosing a basic design and then asking for several custom design changes, including the addition of a watercolor illustration. The process was both easy and satisfying, but when the packages arrived in the mail, the Save the Date cards were of far better quality. It seems the Save the Date cards were printed on their “smooth signature” paper, which is ideal for photographs, while the invitations were printed using plain “signature” paper, which has a coarser texture. This seems especially strange since the invitations cost considerably more for the same number of cards. 

I’ve reached out to Minted customer service and they insist that while most of their cards are printed on smooth card stock, wedding invitations cannot be. I find this to be truly baffling and I’m tempted to select a Save the Date design and convert it from there into an invitation, through the same Minted custom design service we used in the first place, even though such a workaround seems utterly ridiculous. If the paper is available, why shouldn’t they be able to use it upon request?

Any thoughts or suggestions on navigating a problem like this?

Thanks!

Can you find out if the invitations are printed using a different printing process from the Save The Dates?  How is the watercolor effect printed on your invitations? 

It's possible that what they're trying to explain is that with the printing process you are picking, the artwork and text cannot print to the stock that is used for the Save The Dates.  

What you may need to do is ask for someone in customer service to help you understand the technicalities of the stock and the printing methods used and if they are using a less expensive printing method for their Save The Dates vs. the invitations.  The stock contributes to your printing cost but so does the print method.