Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

So, I'm fully into coughing, sneezing my head off, seriously itchy skin, and swollen eyeballs.  I'm totally keeping my fingers crossed that this test and resulting treatment is worth it.  It's been raining here for days so mold is a factor, plus the damn tree sex.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I slept pretty well last night considering, which was good.  Still no big plans for the weekend.  Anyone else?

Re: Thursday

• Options
    Oh no @VarunaTT.  It totally sucks that they have to torture you in order to get allergy tested.  

No big weekend plans.  I do have a long weekend since I'm taking time off to hang with DefConn while he's on break.  His bday is Monday.   I've been enjoying the weekend down time we've had recently.  

I'm still on the sinus/allergy struggle bus   I keep going up and down with the weather.  I'm just tired of feeling bleh or on drugs (only pseudoephedrine helps, but it makes me feel totally off and jittery). 

Prudie coming up. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    So, I'm fully into coughing, sneezing my head off, seriously itchy skin, and swollen eyeballs.  I'm totally keeping my fingers crossed that this test and resulting treatment is worth it.  It's been raining here for days so mold is a factor, plus the damn tree sex.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I slept pretty well last night considering, which was good.  Still no big plans for the weekend.  Anyone else?
    Weekend is full of kiddo things but with enough gaps that we have some good downtime.

Saturday morning DH and Chiquito are out early for a hike with the scouts.  By late morning Chiquita and I are going to be on troop duty to pick up the cookies and then we have no plans for the afternoon.  Sunday morning I have to meet her troop leader at a store down the road at 8:45 and Chiquita will sell for an hour.  Then we're off to church where she serves.  

We don't have hosting plans for the first time in 3 weeks and I am likely going to shift the house decor from St. Patrick's Day to Easter.  The way this cold is feeling I'll want some kind of comfort meal just to help warm up. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2022
    Ugh, sounds annoying @VarunaTT.  Does that die down in better weather?

well, I filled in my weekend up already, since Nashville is a bust.  I put myself into some other meetups.  Told my friends, hey, gets me out of the house.  Which is what I want. Until it’s time to get out of the house….

My TMJ was flaring up SO badly.  Just throbbing in pain, my friend told me to use arnica gel, so I got the 98% max strength.

You know that image where the sky opens up and the sunshine is spotlighting on something?  That’s arnica gel.  I used some last night and this morning.  It’s damn near gone! Flares up a bit when I eat harder foods… but way way way better than before. It made my jaw red for like 30 minutes.  My eye teared up because the menthol was so close to it, but lord this stuff is the holy grail.  No more resting pain at least and I’ll take the side effects:

• Options
    Garbage day and cleared up garage. Lord help there's still more 😭

Ours is the mass of crap on right 👀

• Options
    I’m supposed to fly out to the city tomorrow morning and I was up sick with a stomach bug all night. And my mom just texted that baby M threw up after breakfast. This sucks. 
  • Options
    OH NO @charlotte989875!!  :(  You need a break, lady.  
  • Options
    @VarunaTT, good luck with your allergies and the test.  I hope you have some relief soon.

Showings went really well yesterday.  We got 10 applications in and one of them gave us a holding deposit.  I already got her work reference and income verification.  She's a bartender/server, which always makes it a little tough to gauge because tips can vary so much.  But I asked her manager for an approximation.  I suspect she's a bit light on our income requirement, but it's probably close enough.  However, I haven't been able to get in touch with her current landlord yet.  I left him a message yesterday evening and am hoping I can get in touch with him today.

We had a second applicant who, last night, offered me a holding deposit for the NEXT unit we will have ready.  I told her we could do that, but wanted to hold off until I can check her references today.  I didn't want to collect money from her, jic we deny her application and then just have to give it back.  Especially for a unit we don't quite have rent ready yet.

Our roofer tenants moved out yesterday and my H did a walk through this morning.  This is at a different location.  Our rental that was near those tornadoes.  He said we'll need to do a deep clean but that everything looks good.  So, big yay on no tenant or wind damage.  We have enough work to do getting the other three Lizards, rent ready.

We need to do a deep clean to the other unit there also.  I'm hoping to do that this weekend.  Get my rental ad up for each of them on Sunday.  And start showings for those next week.  Phew.

In good/bad news.  We need to replace THREE refrigerators.  Ugh.  I knew about two of them (both in currently vacant units), but apparently the one in the unit we've been doing the showings for had died also.  That was one of the units where we had to evict the master tenant.  I'm wondering when it died, lol.  Because she certainly wasn't going to contact us about it, while she owed us thousands!  But on the good side, Home Depot added a new basic fridge to it's inventory that's only $550.  My H bought three this morning, lol.  He and his buddy will be delivering them to the various rentals  Sunday.  At least that is one thing soon to be off our plate, even though my poor wallet is taking quite a hit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    Oh nooo @charlotte989875 healthy vibes to you as well as @CharmedPam @VarunaTT @mrsconn23
    @banana468 a couple days ago I transitioned from St. Patrick's Day to spring...going to add the Easter probably next weekend.
    Very SSDD over here.
  • Options
    I always have a lot of rabbit decor, so my house looks like Easter year round.  I moved some of my rabbit figurines to the windows so that it is visible from the outside.  Plus also I still have a least one rabbit in my office everyday while I work.  Yesterday the one I had inside was being so adorable I couldn't handle it.

@MissKittyDanger how are you doing with all the mask mandates being gone in Ontario this week?  I went shopping last night (I'm still masking) and it looked like pretty much everyone else there was doing the same.  Have you seen a change?

I don't know what I'll do this weekend.  Probably nice enough weather for me to start working outside.  Maybe I'll ask my dad to come over and help me get rid of the dishwasher.

• Options
    @kerbohl Apparently depends on store. I don't go in many places but I'm still masking.
    SFIL went to Toys R Us & said it was about 3/4 masking?
    Good news is Moderna has news next week about littles vaxxing!
    Our prek has opted to keep mandatory masking for 2 weeks post march break and then we'll see.

I'm so fkn pissed with the province. I'm 99% sure Ford was pro convoy
  • Options
    @kerbohl Apparently depends on store. I don't go in many places but I'm still masking.
    Our prek has opted to keep mandatory masking for 2 weeks post march break and then we'll see.

I like how the US one became a joke.  DC has some of the worst traffic in the country.  Traffic is often at a standstill.  I've heard that's just a typical day on the Beltway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I like how the US one became a joke.  DC has some of the worst traffic in the country.  Traffic is often at a standstill.  I've heard that's just a typical day on the Beltway.
    It was a joke here. It was called the Caillou Convoy lololol
  • Options
    FYI if you haven't watched "American Housewife" 

Go watch.

It's so funny :) 
  • Options
    https://big955chicago.iheart.com/content/2022-03-24-refusing-to-pass-gas-in-front-of-boyfriend-sends-pop-star-to-hospital/?Sc=editorial&Keyid=socialflow&Pname=local_social&fbclid=IwAR2ZCwGewd7Xy3AMgpJGk5XzaWF8FHSYwE5Pd_4BeakXn6OLZZXIsPgQCpc

New poll; in what stage of your relationship do you start passing gas infront of your SO?

me, 1 yrish or if thet do it first. 
    HOWEVER all bets are off if I can do it “in my sleep” or really, when I’m sleeping. So the next morning they’ll be like “I thought you would shit yourself you were farting so much”
    me, all innocent like “what? It doesn’t count when you’re sleeping!”

• Options
    https://big955chicago.iheart.com/content/2022-03-24-refusing-to-pass-gas-in-front-of-boyfriend-sends-pop-star-to-hospital/?Sc=editorial&Keyid=socialflow&Pname=local_social&fbclid=IwAR2ZCwGewd7Xy3AMgpJGk5XzaWF8FHSYwE5Pd_4BeakXn6OLZZXIsPgQCpc

New poll; in what stage of your relationship do you start passing gas infront of your SO?

HOWEVER all bets are off if I can do it “in my sleep” or really, when I’m sleeping. So the next morning they’ll be like “I thought you would shit yourself you were farting so much”
    I think I was less than that with DH - but he also did not hold back at all.  

TMI alert - my kids changed my Nintendo Switch name to "(my name) Farts".  It was seen by my son's tutor last year. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    TMI alert - my kids changed my Nintendo Switch name to "(my name) Farts".  It was seen by my son's tutor last year. 
    That’s cool.  That’s cool.  When the nice guy at mazda was showing me the bells and whistles on my new car, and hooking up all my contacts to bluetooth, they all came up on the screen.  2nd on my list was Adler Healing - colon cleanse

Because I saw on some reality show, someone used it for weightloss and I wanted to drop some lb’s before my wedding. 

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited March 2022
    Ooohhh...interesting!  I'm sending my "hopefully soon to be" new tenant the invitation to TransUnion SmartMove.  That's the third part website I use to do the "eviction/criminal" records part of my background check.

There's a big pop-up taking up half the page and needs to have the "Yes" button clicked, on the main page for landlords.  For NY and NJ.  Here's what it says:

Attention state of New York and/or New Jersey property owners and managers

Effective January 4, 2022, due to industry legislation our screening solutions will no longer return:

(1) For the state of New Jersey, criminal records for rental applications where the property address is in New Jersey and(2) *For the state of New York, evictions records for rental applications where the property address is in New York.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ooohhh...interesting!  I'm sending my "hopefully soon to be" new tenant the invitation to TransUnion SmartMove.  That's the third part website I use to do the "eviction/criminal" records part of my background check.

There's a big pop-up taking up half the page and needs to have the "Yes" button clicked, on the main page for landlords.  For NY and NJ.  Here's what it says:

Effective January 4, 2022, due to industry legislation our screening solutions will no longer return:

(1) For the state of New Jersey, criminal records for rental applications where the property address is in New Jersey and(2) *For the state of New York, evictions records for rental applications where the property address is in New York.I can't format myself back to the left, lol.  But Woowwww!  THAT'S why I would never own rental property in those states.TBH, I'd be nervous to be a renter in an apartment complex in NJ also.  Apparently a serial rapist or any other violent felon, who just got out of prison, could be my neighbor.
    To be fair, that's really true anywhere. Maybe in an apartment complex, you could get some assurances that the leasing office is restricting. When you're talking about houses, duplexes and condos with different owners, you can't assume that the landlord next door does a criminal background check and excludes felons, or that the guy who buys the house across the street isn't a felon, or that the kid who just moved back in with his mom down the street isn't. 

I'm more worried about the guy that hasn't gotten caught anyway. 
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2022
    Additionally to what @MyNameIsNot there are plenty of people who are felons for non-violent crimes (see all the people who got caught under 3 strikes with non-violent offenses) who have tried to live the best lives they could and society makes it extremely difficult for them, as well as disenfranchising them in nearly all states, if there is no further investigation beyond the box check.  I didn't do any digging, but most of the laws I've seen like what s&s is talking about have restrictions for violent vs. non-violent, but most employers/landlords won't do the work to differentiate.

ETA:  I'm even on my desktop and the formatting on the Knot is weird.
  • Options
    Woke up way  early this morning with a raging headache and sore throat. I was up for a few hours then went back to bed for an hour or so but headache wouldn't go away. Got up for a little bit then went back to bed and slept for a couple of hours. I still feel ick but the headache is better thanks to alternating tylenol and advil. Throat is just scratchy now. Bathroom reno is moving along. Contractor said they will start dry walling next week while we are gone. Hopefully when we return after two weeks things will be closing in on finished. 

We are almost packed except for last minute stuff. I have a derm appointment at 7:00 tomorrow morning then we are heading out.
  • Options
    That formatted super weird.  Here are my comments about those new rules in NY/NJ

Wowwww!  THAT's why I would never own rental property in those states.

TBH, I'd be nervous to be a renter in an apartment complex in NJ also.  Apparently a serial rapist or any other violent felon, who just got out of prison, could be my neighbor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

(1) For the state of New Jersey, criminal records for rental applications where the property address is in New Jersey and(2) *For the state of New York, evictions records for rental applications where the property address is in New York.I can't format myself back to the left, lol.  But Woowwww!  THAT'S why I would never own rental property in those states.TBH, I'd be nervous to be a renter in an apartment complex in NJ also.  Apparently a serial rapist or any other violent felon, who just got out of prison, could be my neighbor.
    To be fair, that's really true anywhere. Maybe in an apartment complex, you could get some assurances that the leasing office is restricting. When you're talking about houses, duplexes and condos with different owners, you can't assume that the landlord next door does a criminal background check and excludes felons, or that the guy who buys the house across the street isn't a felon, or that the kid who just moved back in with his mom down the street isn't. 

I'm more worried about the guy that hasn't gotten caught anyway. 
    True, that's why I specified an apartment complex.  It was one of the reasons I felt somewhat safe in a complex, back when I was a renter, because I knew they didn't rent to felons.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Woke up way  early this morning with a raging headache and sore throat. I was up for a few hours then went back to bed for an hour or so but headache wouldn't go away. Got up for a little bit then went back to bed and slept for a couple of hours. I still feel ick but the headache is better thanks to alternating tylenol and advil. Throat is just scratchy now. Bathroom reno is moving along. Contractor said they will start dry walling next week while we are gone. Hopefully when we return after two weeks things will be closing in on finished. 

We are almost packed except for last minute stuff. I have a derm appointment at 7:00 tomorrow morning then we are heading out.
    I was thinking about going away for a week when we do our kitchen reno, but Hubby thinks it is a bad idea.  He thinks they will purposely go slowly if the house owners aren't there watching them.  I don't feel like I can go through life being that mistrusting of people.  Do you have any misgivings of people working in your house while you are away?  I need some better arguments for Hubby than just "I don't want to have to deal with wrangling the dog/dealing with noise/trying to work while they are in my house for all four weeks"

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Additionally to what @MyNameIsNot there are plenty of people who are felons for non-violent crimes (see all the people who got caught under 3 strikes with non-violent offenses) who have tried to live the best lives they could and society makes it extremely difficult for them, as well as disenfranchising them in nearly all states, if there is no further investigation beyond the box check.  I didn't do any digging, but most of the laws I've seen like what s&s is talking about have restrictions for violent vs. non-violent, but most employers/landlords won't do the work to differentiate.

ETA:  I'm even on my desktop and the formatting on the Knot is weird.
    I actually do.  The background check info I get on criminal history has tons of info.  Dates, locations, and exactly what the person was convicted of.

Generally speaking, I'll rent to non-violent felons and have.  I also limit it, to a violent felony within the last 10 years.

But that NJ one doesn't differentiate.  It's all crimes.

The other kinds of felonies that would give me pause, even though they are non-violent, are theft and fraud.  Probably wouldn't rent to someone that had those convictions recently.  But 3-5 years ago and now they have a good job and a good landlord reference, probably.

But the only things I've personally seen come up are drug possession.  Always pot.  If I was Queen of the US with a magic sceptor, I'd change all of those to misdemeanors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That formatted super weird.  Here are my comments about those new rules in NY/NJ

Wowwww!  THAT's why I would never own rental property in those states.

TBH, I'd be nervous to be a renter in an apartment complex in NJ also.  Apparently a serial rapist or any other violent felon, who just got out of prison, could be my neighbor.
    I’m a renter in an apartment complex in NJ and I assure you I’m not nervous about this at all. 
  • Options
    kerbohl said:

I was thinking about going away for a week when we do our kitchen reno, but Hubby thinks it is a bad idea.  He thinks they will purposely go slowly if the house owners aren't there watching them.  I don't feel like I can go through life being that mistrusting of people.  Do you have any misgivings of people working in your house while you are away?  I need some better arguments for Hubby than just "I don't want to have to deal with wrangling the dog/dealing with noise/trying to work while they are in my house for all four weeks"
    The contractor is the person who built our house and we have know him for over 30 years (he had also finished the basement in our old house). He will open and close the house everyday and check on the work. I wouldn't do it with just any one. We also were gone when we had hardwood and tile done on our main level. Again, it was a friend whom we trusted in charge. With the hardwood we had to get out because of fumes and not being able to walk on the floors for a few days.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I was a renter in a complex in NJ. I never felt unsafe. 

And a felon could move in next door to many places. Our neighbor's house is currently for sale. We have no idea who could end up buying the house. What if it's a family that has relatives with criminal pasts? Violent offenders? There's never really a guarantee. 
  • Options

So M & I lived together after a few months and I had stomach issues so .... 
    It was me. It was unintentionally. Probably after a month or so?