Wedding Woes

Foggy Thursday

We woke up to very thick fog today and it's already humid.  I'm not ready for humidity yet.  It's too early, especially since it lasts through late Sept once it starts. 

DH is thankfully feeling better and on his way to work today.  He also was approached about very interesting job opportunity yesterday.  He was referred by a former co-worker.  I'm curious to hear more details if he goes through the hiring process.  

My boss asked if I wanted to back-up a dept I backed up over a decade ago.  I liked it, but I stopped doing it when I first started working from home and was at a quite different stage in life (had a newborn and preteen, DH and I were on the struggle bus marriage and finance-wise, working from home was a massive adjustment period).  I told him to put my name in the hat, so we'll see. 

Prudie day! 

Re: Foggy Thursday

• I have had a frustrating day... But I also just think I am cranky because I have been waking up early and am tired. 

I thought I was supposed to have my 6am class today but no, I'm dumb and it's tomorrow. I did have my 9am class and that went well but I am bummed about having to wake up early again tomorrow. My bookclub meets tonight but they are too much fun so I can't go. I would stay out too late so I have to skip it. 
  • We may have found something BK will eat for breakfast
    Cereal and fruit - no milk.

She - like M & I - is not big on eating in the morning but we're trying to get her to have something because she doesn't get a lot at snack time then is starving at pick up.
    But also idk how eating is when she's in kindergarten.

Since BK eats dinner Monday - Wednesday with my mum, often M & I will just forage for food. I often eat cereal and last night BK wanted some. There wasn't a whole lot of milk, so I offered fruit instead.

How long will this last? Who knows. At least she's eating something.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2022
    @banana468 , I always ask myself that when watching any hgtv show.  Why doesn’t my house look as nice! I just reno’d too! But I laughed at the pepsi can line.
    have a great time @STARMOON44
    hugs @charlotte989875 I still can’t beileve it
    @flantastic that sounds infuriating. Ugh!

it’s foggy and humid here too. And rainy the next few days.  I have a new lawnmower coming tomorrow and I wanted to mow, but it may not dry out till Sunday from what I hear. I was up at 4:45 today from the damn birds.  It must mean the owl blew off the table outside.  I’m going to have to find a pole or stand for it so it can stay in place and probably buy another one to put on each end of the deck to watch over the South and North side. I am supposed to get up at 6 to workout but I was too exhausted to get up, waking up way earlier than I should have.  On the plus side, my doc approved another month of ambien at least. 

• I did not want to come into work today.  This place is so depressing and there's some petty ridiculousness going on that I cannot help but eyeroll at and wonder why the professionalism went.  So I wore sparkly shoes that are more appropriate for going out, but I don't give a damn, I needed some sparkle.  It's also dreary AF outside with rain.  I made it in by 8:30.  I got up, piddled around, started the bread for Sunday, finally showered and bemoaned for the 9,378th time in my life why I have to put on clothes every damn day to come to the office.  There seems to be a push for us to start working from home that is getting traction finally and I'm so excited.  I put forward my suggestion, which was that senior paralegals (over 5 years) could WFH for 3 days, come into the office for 2 days and the 2 days needed to be split up (so for me, I'd work from home MTR and come into the office WF type thing).  The 3 days had to be earned with seniority, started off with 1 day per week after 1 year.

I am dogsitting for my neighbor K while he and his boyfriend go on vacation.  I am ridiculously excited for doggie snuggles, walks, and company.  K keeps asking me how much money I want and I'm like, LOOK AT MY FACE AND HOW EXCITED I AM, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY ME, THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FUN.  The dog's name is Thumper and the name does not match him at all.  He's a boxer/heeler mix I think and an absolute sweetheart.

Otherwise, SSDD.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    mrsconn23 said:
    We woke up to very thick fog today and it's already humid.  I'm not ready for humidity yet.  It's too early, especially since it lasts through late Sept once it starts. 

DH is thankfully feeling better and on his way to work today.  He also was approached about very interesting job opportunity yesterday.  He was referred by a former co-worker.  I'm curious to hear more details if he goes through the hiring process.  

My boss asked if I wanted to back-up a dept I backed up over a decade ago.  I liked it, but I stopped doing it when I first started working from home and was at a quite different stage in life (had a newborn and preteen, DH and I were on the struggle bus marriage and finance-wise, working from home was a massive adjustment period).  I told him to put my name in the hat, so we'll see. 

Prudie day! 
    Clicked the wrong button so don't mind me randomly quoting you @mrsco@mrsconn23
    Hugs and vibes up to Buffalo @charlottte989875, just an unspeakable tragedy
    @flantastic lol the scraps of paper that surround the art table are a daily downfall of mine
    @starmoon44 enjoy!

It's foggy, rainy and dreary here too.  Glad to be inching closer to Friday.

• @flantastic that is crazy! 

@charlotte989875 I can't imagine how hard that must be. 

Things are ok here. Traffic was insane yesterday and it took me 2 hours to get home. I am praying to all the gods that my ride home is easier tonight. We were actually going to go out to eat last night but I was too tired when I got home. So hopefully tonight. 

It's going to be in the 90s this weekend and I'm mad about it. We don't have the pool open yet of course, and we have plans to do stuff in the garden. UGH. 

Also I'm 99% sure I'm already experiencing a skin allergy to the kitten. It sucks because she's super cute and I already love her. But I don't think this is going to work. She accidentally scratched my hand this morning and it blew up. And now I feel like I'm getting hives on my face, even thought I washed my hands and was pretty sure I didn't touch my face. And this is with taking an extra strength allergy pill. So I'm bummed for sure. 
  • @climbingsingle the allergies are a bummer.  DH has started to get hives because he walked out the door and loves cats.  If he didn't have allergies I think there would be a hypoallergenic kitty named Han Solo living here.
  • @mrsconn23, perhaps both yourself and DH will have new roles in the future!  Good luck.

@STARMOON44, a college reunion sounds awesome!  What a great opportunity to catch up with everyone.

@missJeanLouise, I'm sure you'll start to get into the swing of things with your classes.  I made the mistake last night, that you are trying to avoid.  It's been such a horrible, stressful last couple of weeks.  So when my neighbor invited me over for wine last night, it was a resounding, "Yes!  That is just what I need!"  Cue drinking too much and staying up way too late.

And now I'm spending today feeling miserable.  Hangover headache.  So tired.  Plus, it's my long day where I work at my normal job all day and then go to Costco for a few hours to knock out some of that weekly gig.  But I know I did it to myself!  So I can't complain too much.

@charlotte989875, my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else affected by the terrible tragedy ((hugs)).

@flantastic, I'm sorry to hear that!  It's so stressful when something like that happens, especially with all the extra major stuff going on in your life right now!  At least you got your credit reports frozen. 

We had halted showings because we had so many applications.  It's definitely unreal that none of them worked out.  I don't think I've ever had to go past the first three "potentials", before we have a new tenant.

But now the showings are back on again, starting tomorrow.  It's disheartening because our ad has been up for almost two weeks!  I spent a couple hours last night FB messaging back all the people I'd told we weren't doing any more showings, but would let them know if that changed.  So I let them know last night that it changed and included our next showing day/time!  Oh well.  I hope Fate is done toying with us and the next application is the winner.

I'm trying to practice patience and focus on the end goal.  I've learned from "trial and error", with a lot of error, that it's better to wait for the right tenant...even if that means more worry/less rent for waiting longer...than it is to overlook a pink flag or two and hope things go well.  Because more often than not, they don't, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23, perhaps both yourself and DH will have new roles in the future!  Good luck.

Oh LOL, I'm not leaving my department.  It would be fully a back-up position on an as-needed basis, which is totally fine with me.  The people who do it full time have been in their positions for-ev-er and even if it opened up as a permanent slot, I'm not sure I'd be interested.  

The opportunity that may be available to DH has me excited, but the last year with his job roller coaster...I'm not counting a damn chicken until they all hatch.  However, some of DH's best jobs have come from referrals from former colleagues.  
  • I've started packing. I always put stuff in the suitcase and then edit after all the laundry and ironing is done. It looks like the last half of the trip will be warmer than originally expected so that changes things. I also have to have a bag for DD's house. We are departing from Chicago so will spend the night before at her house. Will leave some clothes there to wear home when we return. 

@flantastic I'm so sorry that happened! I've been thinking about you and wondering when your due date is. Prayers for a safe delivery.

@levioosa hope all goes well with your grandfather. Have fun at your reunion @STARMOON44.
  • I've started packing. I always put stuff in the suitcase and then edit after all the laundry and ironing is done. It looks like the last half of the trip will be warmer than originally expected so that changes things. I also have to have a bag for DD's house. We are departing from Chicago so will spend the night before at her house. Will leave some clothes there to wear home when we return. 

@flantastic I'm so sorry that happened! I've been thinking about you and wondering when your due date is. Prayers for a safe delivery.

@levioosa hope all goes well with your grandfather. Have fun at your reunion @STARMOON44.
    Good luck with the packing.  Warmer (hopefully) sounds better.

For me, the Mediterranean will be hot when I go in June.  But not nearly as hot as NOLA, so it's still a "win" temperature-wise, lol.  It will be about 10 degrees cooler.  Though I will be outdoors a whole lot more.

Vs. living like a hermit and avoiding the outdoors.  Scuttling quickly from one a/c to another a/c, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker