Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited June 2022 in Wedding Woes
The house is slowly starting to return to a more normal balance.  SIL and BIL left this morning and I'm going to miss them so much.  We're just down to my nieces and the BF.  FIL is taking the kids to track today for a tour.  So I'll get a stretch of quiet. 

I'm beyond ready for the weekend.  Prudie coming up.  Lots of family dramz today.  

Re: Thursday

• Options
    I'm in a horrible mood today and don't feel like going to my workout class at lunch but I know i'll feel better after I do.  I'm preparing by eating a lot of cheese...balance, i guess?  My parents are coming this weekend - i'm sure it will be fun but for some reason i'm not particularly looking for it to it like i usually am.  Excited for Prudie
  • Options
    Chiquita is off to a 3 day camp and yesterday her troop leader called to say that she seemed to do OK but perhaps sailing is NOT going to be her strong suit.  

Work is pulling me in a lot of directions so I need to up my organizing and prioritizing. 
  • Options
    I chose violence last night.  Went to my favorite park to read outside, then went to a friends bday party where I was outside.  My allergies were rough this morning.  Meds are finally kicking in and I'm starting to feel better now.  Ugh.  I'm going to skip trying to float this weekend, I think it's asking for trouble.  There is a Grand Prix this weekend.  It shows at 6 am our time.  I told L I was not getting up that early for a race, periodt.  Also, the track looks like it was designed by a drunk person:

McLaren Racing - Everything you need to know for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix

I need to work today and I am just uninterested in it.  I'm trying really hard to bank my PTO so that I can spend time with my BFF when he comes into town in January.  

Otherwise, SSDD.
  • Options
    @VarunaTT I was trying to figure out what you were drawing. I was like is it a hat? A bad drawing of the ET finger touch scene? I don’t know if a race track makes more sense than either of those. 

I feel way better than yesterday. The migraine really took me out. I’m still feeling overwhelmed with plans for the foreseeable future but oh well. Work continues to be insane. Trying to debate if I do pursue the opportunity (the unlikely but not impossible one) for a big promotion that would look spectacular on my resume but risk being laid off in an unknown but possibly short amount of time, or stay where I am and try to angle for the other (still better paying) position. The part of me that is young, without kids, says try to make my resume shine. Once again who knows if that will even be a viable option I can consider, lots of what ifs, but I’m trying to think forward either way. 

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2022
    Merry early Christmas @climbingsingle.  Your gift is serenity.
    @VarunaTT that does look like a difficult track. 

Last night I really wanted to get into my hot tub but when I went to check the temperature it was only 75.  The pump went off :( so I restarted it and this morning it was still going but only went up to 78. 3 degrees overnight!!? I think it’s working just really slooooow. I want to get into it tonight!

Also, this morning when I went to leave my house I noticed my garage door was open.  It’s attached to my house but there’s no door iNTO my house.  Basically it’s just used for storage. It was garbage day yesterday and I thought I closed it after bringing the bin in, but maybe it didn’t acknowledge the attempt? Or maybe I just forgot? Or, sometimes someone elses’ automatic door opener must work on mine because I’ll come home and my garage door is up at random times.  Not very often, not even a handful of times but weird nonetheless. 
    Eta: if it was open all night I didn’t notice anything being taken from it! Not a thing.  What world am I living in when I ASK people to rob me and they can’t even bother?

• Options
    @climbingsingle, hopefully the new neighbors are much better!

Just chugging along today, trying to get through it.  It's my long day where I go to my Costco gig, after work.

We had our Section 8 inspections for two of our units yesterday.  They are at the same location, so it was nice to knock them out together.  Though, not quite knocked out, lol.  We failed both of them, not unusual, but at least it's fairly minor stuff and there aren't many items.  One unit (1618) had one issue and the other one (1622) had two.

Though 1618 was really frustrating!  The only issue was one of the outlets isn't grounded (something like that).  My H has the same tool that the inspector uses to check for that kind of thing.  He had gone around to all the outlets just a couple days ago and all of them were fine.  Now, all of a sudden, this one wasn't.  That repair will be done today but, unfortunately, the soonest they could schedule the second inspection was next Wednesday.

I checked with Metro PCS about adding international services for just this month.  But they don't have any plan that includes international roaming.  Lots of research later, I ordered a SIM card from Amazon last night for my trip.  It gives me roaming for all the places I'm going in Europe, 8GB of data, and I can also call/send text messages to the US.  $27 for 14 days from activation.  Not too bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CharmedPam one thing that's been a hug sanity saver is using Nest for our garage door and front door.   Now I can open the app and see that it's DOWN. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @levioosa which would give you fewer work headaches?
    @climbingsingle that's terrific!
    Week is draggggging.  The last 3 days have felt like Thursday...i guess yay that it finally is.  
  • Options
    @ei34 definitely the second position, however for a temporary headache the first one would probably be best move career wise. I also just got a call back from one of the places I interviewed at a few weeks ago. They want me to do a second final interview with the medical director. I don’t know what to do. Where were these interviews a month ago?!

• Options
    @levioosa definitely take the interview!  No harm in hearing what ALL your options are!  
  • Options
    The cheese was not a good idea before a workout, but I do feel (mood and physically) a million percent better than this morning.  I know that about myself and continue to not prioritize working out *eye roll*.  I really frustrate myself sometimes.  
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    @levioosa definitely take the interview!  No harm in hearing what ALL your options are!  
    I emailed back and now we’ll see where it goes. 😬 

Give yourself grace. You’ve been going through so much and sometimes even though you know it will help you feel better, when you’re just so. damn. exhausted. from the day it’s the thing that gets sacrificed and that’s okay.