Wedding Woes

Monday

The weekend was too short.  Didn't do much except regular chores and then see Fifth Element in the movie theatre.  It was so much fun to see on the big screen again and it's aged fairly well.  I loooooved seeing the aria again, more than anything.  I had forgotten how damn funny Chris Tucker was in that movie.

I just finished getting bloodwork and already have some results.  My damn glucose and triglycerides are still high, but better than last time.  I also splurged on a pizza this weekend, so that could have a lot to do with it.  I'm 4 days from my period, which means I want to eat all the things.  My vitamin b6 is also very low, which might be why I've been so tired.  I've been using this meal replacement, so when I get home, I'll check those levels.  Might be another supplement, which just ugh...I take so many damn pills right now.

How was everyone' s weekend?

Re: Monday

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2022
    I take a lot of pills too, @VarunaTT. i get you.  Sunday nights are “fill the pill case” night. I like this one linked below because I can throw the days I need right into my purse and not the entire box. Were your blood tests on fasting results? If it’s a fasting glucose, taken to a lab it involves the last 3 months, so more than likely that pizza didn’t affect it much. 
    https://a.co/d/fynewFk

This weekend I saw SIX with my boss.  An amazing amazing musical.  Has a “Hamilton” vibe with it taking a historical storyline and using modern day situations and songs. I would recommend it, if it comes to your city. I immediately downloaded the soundtrack and haven’t stopped listening to it since!
    We also went for drinks after and she spilled some tea. I didn’t want to know the office rumors and even said “it’s a lot better to be left in the dark about this stuff”, but she didn’t get the hint. 
    Edit; this has always been my motto. In every office I’ve been to.  Sit and do your work.  You can’t help HEARING all these rumors but just nod and don’t voice any opinion and keep on working, head low.

Sunday I saw The Black Phone, which was good and FINALLY got rid of the Good Will bags on my bed because my parents will be here next week and will need the room.  It’s a great feeling, to declutter.

• So we went to M's nanny's place and it was nice but it was .... scary?
    FIL is not well. He has other health issues, but he's got Parkinsons and everything else is just really taking a toll.
    He had a fall a couple weeks ago and since then it's been bad. His meds were suppressing hydration and appetite.
    SMIL told M not to take BK in because he would probably scare her because he's not entirely lucid.
    Ended up with ambulance coming to get him and the hospital is dealing.

I'm worried. I did see him briefly and although he was just sleeping, something was .... not ok?
    M told his mum and SFIL because although BIL doesn't g.a.f, it's still his dad.
    Shockingly enough, BIL ended up calling their nanny. So faux caring or actual caring, who knows.

M's nanny also gave BK a ton of clothes, so she was so excited. Although M's cousin is mtf trans, they weren't raised female. So M's nanny never got to experience little girl and you can tell. Lots of pinks ;) Luckily BK is into it.
    We also got some fleece jammies - one piece fleece owl jammies and 2 piece fleece Frozen jammies. BK wanted to wear the owl one, but it was so hot I didn't even want her to try it on lol

She did wear her new overalls.

Sunday I painted our half bath and good lord dripping sweat!
    Need to do a 2nd coat and apparently our lighting fixture is coming loose so M has to look at that.
    I'll prob do the 2nd coat on the weekend. I really don't have much time during the week.
  • I had a pretty good weekend filled with literally nothing. It was such a nice change from the last month and a half. I should have done a little more around the house but it felt so great to just be lazy. We had a little date night on Saturday and then Sunday basically just became one with the couch and watched shows. H tried to get me to watch Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness but I could not finish it. 

On Friday I got an email saying my interviews went well and they would like to talk about next steps. So I’m trying to gather a list of questions to ask at my meeting today at 1. Feeling super nervous because anything I do with this info is a gamble. Also I hate change but something has to give. I just don’t know if my current work environment is stable enough to be a viable option. It really does feel like a sinking ship and I don’t think that’s me being dramatic. It’s just a toss up if I should stay and try to manipulate my schedule and get good experience, or if I should try out somewhere new where I don’t know the culture, and the company is part of a much bigger organization with its own corporate challenges. Tbh it’s probably going to come down to pay, PTO, and what position is officially offered. I just feel so anxious either way. 

• The weekend went way too fast. Friday I didn't too much. Basically just rage cried at the state of the world. 
    Saturday we went to the Yankee game. It was a no hitter for us and they lost but we still had a lot of fun. 
    Sunday N cut down two dead trees in the front yard and I cleaned out the fridge and scrubbed the hell out of it. Did laundry. And then we both just floated in the pool for the rest of the afternoon. It was so hot. 
  • @CharmedPam I have a very similar one, for similar reasons. It's helpful.  I didn't know that about bloodwork, but I have noticed in the past that my labwork has come back with results that reflect my dairy intake on triglycerides, badly.  There was one time I'd eaten like 3 string cheese sticks the day before and they were like 200+, which was totally abnormal for me.  Neither reading is super high, but they're just outside the upper range (and really my tri usually is just fine), so I'm going to make her give me another 6 months to try and get it all under control.  The glucose is the concerning one, since diabetes runs in the family and also doesn't seem to skip generations.  It was 109.  The meal replacement is helping me with making sure I even eat something healthy in the first place, but it's not surprising that it's missing some vitamins.  I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited June 2022
    I’ve been thinking of looking into a meal replacement in the mornings but I love to chew.  Lol.  Man, I’d love a 109 glucose.  That’s where they want me. But i know 109 is a goal for someone who IS a diabetic already. I have to take my own labs on Sept 12th. In January my doctor doubled my ozempic and it’s so costly so I hope it’s working.  I’ll find out in September, and if it’s not working I guess I’ll take my butt to an endocrinologist finally. Good luck on the diet switch! Hopefully it brings those #’s down.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2022
    Weekend was pretty good.  I mean, besides Friday's BS.  I was texting with all of my girl mom friends.  They're all so devastated and extra scared for their babies.  Despite that, we did get a blow up pool and made drinks.  The kiddo came over to do his resume with DH because I guess he's got a decent job lead.  We watched Hacks and went to bed early.  

Saturday, I went grocery shopping first thing.  DH completely cleaned the kitchen beside mopping the floor.  We went to my sister's for a few hours to celebrate my nephew's 8th grade grad party and then we went to M+L's for dinner because our friend K was in town.  We got home late and stayed up even later.  

Sunday, DH slept in and I watched 'my' TV with coffee alone for a couple hours and it was glorious.  We puttered around the house a bit, deep cleaned our room, and had FIL for dinner.  

I'm still just waiting around. Tick, tick, tick.  Not being at work helped, because I'm not just staring at my e-mail and desk phone willing something to come through.  I did workout today to alleviate some of the anxiety from not knowing.  DH is in his last week of work at his current job.  DefConn is going on vacation with my dad this weekend.  
  • Ok weekend, I guess. Friday I drank a bunch of wine and rage scrolled social media for longer than was healthy. Saturday, we started working on fencing our backyard. I wanted to just hire someone, but it's stupid expensive right now. The sides are already done and the back has an old fence from 70s (or maybe older, IDK) that was mostly knocked down. We were able to patch/repair the whole back on Saturday, so now we just have to figure out the front. Then I went to the pool with my oldest girlfriends for the rest of the afternoon. 

Sunday H caught an early flight to go be with his dad even though they aren't doing a funeral, so we got up at 3:30 and I drove him to the airport. I ended up taking the dog and doing a sunrise walk at an intown path that I don't go to often enough. It was pretty cool to watch the sunrise from there. I'm incapable of taking naps, so I was a zombie most of the rest of the day. At least I was a good zombie and got groceries. 
  • Weekend started bad but ended well.  All day Friday I had a GI bug.  I worked but when my afternoon class was over, I logged off and crashed.  Stomach was snarly all Saturday so DH & I stayed in, napped and watched lots of TV. 

Felt better on Sunday so I got up early.  We decided to skip church, go to breakfast and get an early start on some errands.  We came home and I realized we forgot to get groceries so I threw some laundry in and headed to the store.  While I was unloaded groceries, I got a text from an old friend that she and her husband were driving home from vacation and would be staying in our town overnight.  Were we available for dinner?  I scrambled to straighten the house and finish laundry.  We picked them up, went to dinner and then they came to our house for more visiting.  It was great to catch up.  

Short work week for us as both DH and I have Friday off.  I have a dentist appointment after work tonight and a mani/pedi tomorrow night.  The weather was gorgeous yesterday and today.  Mid-70s and no humidity.  I bought wood chips yesterday and had hoped to get them spread last night but now that will need to wait until tonight.  I also bought some anti-rabbit spray for the Hostas as they seem to be very attractive to the bunnies this year.

• The "promotion" job just posted and boss didn't even give me a heads up.  Not sure that bodes well.  I'm still going to apply and talk to him about it.  I feel like it will make me look bad if I dont, but I dont' honestly know if I can handle more right now.  
  • Pretty quiet. Most of my plans fell through.

Sorry to hear this @Casadena
  • I’ve been thinking of looking into a meal replacement in the mornings but I love to chew.  Lol.  Man, I’d love a 109 glucose.  That’s where they want me. But i know 109 is a goal for someone who IS a diabetic already. I have to take my own labs on Sept 12th. In January my doctor doubled my ozempic and it’s so costly so I hope it’s working.  I’ll find out in September, and if it’s not working I guess I’ll take my butt to an endocrinologist finally. Good luck on the diet switch! Hopefully it brings those #’s down.
    I've postd about it before, but I've been using Huel.  It has a shake replacement, but they also have dehydrated meals.  I just put 2 scoops into the cup they provide, fill it with boiling water to the line, put the lid on and wait 10 minutes.  There's quite a few different types and I have quite a few that I like.  If you look at it and you're interested let me know, b/c I can give you a discount code.  I took the shakes to work so that I don't have to worry about boiling water and I use the meals when I'm home.
  • I’m sorry @casadena. It’s one thing to decide you don’t want something but another to feel like it wasn’t an option. Hopefully it’s still something you can pursue if you want it. *hugs* 

• I’m sorry @Casadena.  I know in some companies even if they have someone in mind, it has to legally be posted anyway. Maybe he meant to tell you that? “Hey you may see the position posted, but we have to do that internally, don’t worry, you’re still our number 1 candidate”.  And sorry about the dishwasher.  Ugh! Sounds messy.

@mrsconn23 hope you hear soon!

I’m thinking of getting Nutrisystem food again because it really is convenient but right now their a la carte option is excluding all my faves! I don’t want to sign up for their monthly plan because I don’t care for the dinner/snack options.  I want to order breakfast/lunch.  Very annoying! How much per month do you spend on Huel @VarunaTT and what do you get for that?

• Weekend was good. The twins are having a blast at Nana and Papa camp. We have been doing all the stuff. We took them to church on Sunday. It was the first time they have been since before the pandemic (they couldn't be vaccinated so DD didn't want to risk it). They were perfect! I hope since they will be vaccinated soon (DD was waiting until they get home from our house), they will start going back to their church. I haven't been doing much but wrangling them. There is definitely a reason young people have the kids! We will be taking them home tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned about the drive because we don't have a video system in our car. They have never taken a long (3.5 hours) trip without a movie! Off to the zoo today.
  • @CharmedPam It kinda depends where I'm at.  I recently spent $87 for 2 bags of the mac and cheese and 2 bags of the chick'n and mushroom (fake chicken, 'cause vegan), and that is 28 meals.  The powder is 17 meals in a bag, I don't recall the price, but it was a little cheaper per meal.  I do my own bundle, which they have the option for, and if you subscribe, they give you 10% off.  I'm always futzing about with the subscription, b/c I eat this 90% of the time, so it does stretch a bit longer.  It's not the cheapest option, but it's cheaper than eating out and comparable with frozen meals, which I was sick of.   The first order comes with a shaker for powder and then hot n' savory come with a cup with a fitted lid that has the line marked into it of how much water you need.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    Weekend was good. The twins are having a blast at Nana and Papa camp. We have been doing all the stuff. We took them to church on Sunday. It was the first time they have been since before the pandemic (they couldn't be vaccinated so DD didn't want to risk it). They were perfect! I hope since they will be vaccinated soon (DD was waiting until they get home from our house), they will start going back to their church. I haven't been doing much but wrangling them. There is definitely a reason young people have the kids! We will be taking them home tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned about the drive because we don't have a video system in our car. They have never taken a long (3.5 hours) trip without a movie! Off to the zoo today.
    Our littles (now 6 and 8) have gotten used to taking road trips without devices.  Only on our trip to Tennessee did we resort to some screen time because we felt we were pushing it with a 12 hour drive.  They do each get a bag of reading books, magnet travel games, activity books, fidget toys, and copious amounts of snacks.  The biggest torture (for us) is we play music and audio books that cater to their tastes, but it does keep the peace. 

• MobKaz said:
    Weekend was good. The twins are having a blast at Nana and Papa camp. We have been doing all the stuff. We took them to church on Sunday. It was the first time they have been since before the pandemic (they couldn't be vaccinated so DD didn't want to risk it). They were perfect! I hope since they will be vaccinated soon (DD was waiting until they get home from our house), they will start going back to their church. I haven't been doing much but wrangling them. There is definitely a reason young people have the kids! We will be taking them home tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned about the drive because we don't have a video system in our car. They have never taken a long (3.5 hours) trip without a movie! Off to the zoo today.
    Our littles (now 6 and 8) have gotten used to taking road trips without devices.  Only on our trip to Tennessee did we resort to some screen time because we felt we were pushing it with a 12 hour drive.  They do each get a bag of reading books, magnet travel games, activity books, fidget toys, and copious amounts of snacks.  The biggest torture (for us) is we play music and audio books that cater to their tastes, but it does keep the peace. 

My coworker purchased a travel dvd player for long trips. She loves it and her kids {3&5 at the time} could use headphones with it
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    MobKaz said:

My coworker purchased a travel dvd player for long trips. She loves it and her kids {3&5 at the time} could use headphones with it
    Yes, we were actually able to rent one from our local library for the last 12 hour road trip.  We just prefer the kids don’t rely on devices and they don’t watch a lot of TV at home.  We did use the player for the audio books with headphones, since the content preference for books of a 6 and 8 year old are different, but we enjoy using the “captive car” time for family engagement as well.  
  • We're definitely pro gadget for longer trips.  When we drive CT to OH or did CT to FL the kids had screens.  

FWIW and a warning to those with kids be careful with books in the car.  My oldest will get sick if she reads in the car.
  • banana468 said:
    We're definitely pro gadget for longer trips.  When we drive CT to OH or did CT to FL the kids had screens.  

FWIW and a warning to those with kids be careful with books in the car.  My oldest will get sick if she reads in the car.
    My sister had terrible motion sickness.  We’d have to load her up with gravol when we went anywhere! And we traveled a lot!

• The boys did just fine without the DVD player even though the last 30 minutes was a little challenging.  They had books and coloring stuff. It helped that we stopped at Hebron for some McD's ice cream. Now they are having meltdowns about going to bed. Can we say overtired?
  • banana468 said:
    We're definitely pro gadget for longer trips.  When we drive CT to OH or did CT to FL the kids had screens.  

My sister had terrible motion sickness.  We’d have to load her up with gravol when we went anywhere! And we traveled a lot!
    She only got physically motion sick when we were in stop and go traffic and she was hot.  But a book?  It was sick city. 

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

She only got physically motion sick when we were in stop and go traffic and she was hot.  But a book?  It was sick city. 
    I use to get nauseated if it was rainy and damp. Something about the smell of our car at the time made me so sick.
    Even now, I'm not super great with it but circulating air is better.
  • We let baby M watch videos in the car from Philly to Buffalo with zero shame. It was pouring rain, and he was tired of me singing and reading.