Wedding Woes

Last Thursday of the month

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited June 2022 in Wedding Woes
Y'all, where did June go?!  

Dad officially has the rona.  He did telehealth today.  They don't feel antibody treatment is necessary and it could screw with meds he takes for other conditions (especially his T1D).  He's sad panda, but I think he feels better mentally after the appt.  We're ordering all the groceries and door dash for him.  I know he's trying not to worry us, but he's killing us by making us pull teeth to get info.  

DH got a nice surprise on his last check and they paid out his vacation time (DH didn't think they were going to).  His co-manager made it happen and it was so nice of him.  We were a little nervous because his first check from the new job was going to be light because he's starting in the middle of a pay period.  We were hoping not to have to dip into savings.  

Tick, tick, tick goes the clock for me, but I have a good feeling. However, probably won't have any solid answer until next week.  People being on vacation is holding up the process, I think. 

Today is the last day of the week for me.  Wahoo.  Can't wait for this 4 day weekend.  

Re: Last Thursday of the month

• Boooo to Dad having corona @mrsconn23 but yay to the check suprise!

4 day weekend for me.  I’m figuring out plans still.  I want to see bro and SIL but in a round about way they said they were busy and playing catch up so now I’m thinking of moving Friday to Saturday to give them that time. I’m looking at places to split up the drive but also reading about how unsafe these cities are that I’m passing and I’m all ‘meh’ about the split.  But I have the whole day off tomorrow and I’m not one to sit home and do nothing with it either.

also, it’s freaking 60 (not really) in here.  The ONLY good thing about Summer for me is capris and open toe shoes but can we wear that in this arctic tundra? Noooooo, gotta dress for winter up in this joint.

i’m grumpy. 

• G's classroom is closed because of a positive COVID test.  Getting him scheduled for a test so hopefully he can go back to school on Tuesday.  No symptoms so far.  N has his one year appt today and I'm excited to see how much hes grown!  He's walking a ton and babbling non stop.

My sister was supposed to come back today but SHE also has COVID and is supposed to fly back home on Tuesday.  So i have no idea what will happen or if we'll be able to see her again, which really sucks.  

Probably headed to the zoo one day this weekend and lots of outside time.  My birthday is Saturday and our anniversary is Monday so it will be a fun weekend. 
  • Oh no! All the good thoughts to all of you battling Covid. 
  • I’m frustrated with our company- we like to say we’re a leader & a community focused company but really we’re just like any other corporation. 

Going to CA tomorrow for my cousins memorial. Really hoping travel goes okay. With all the cancellations I’m worried I’m going to get stranded in Detroit. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2022
    Oh no @missJeanLouise sorry it hit your house :(
    @Casadena I’m keeping my fingers crossed it’s negative.  Stupid question but is it like a daycare or school? I thought school was out…
    and @levioosa I read your update yesterday too.  Congrats! I would quit at the very latest as well, after what happened. I actually read an article recently about this happening (saying you hired, quit current job only to find out you can’t start new job) to a lot of people lately.  So scary when you mess with people’s livelihood and incomes!!!

• Oh no @missJeanLouise sorry it hit your house :(
    @Casadena I’m keeping my fingers crossed it’s negative.  Stupid question but is it like a daycare or school? I thought school was out…
    and @levioosa I read your update yesterday too.  Congrats! I would quit at the very latest as well, after what happened. I actually read an article recently about this happening (saying you hired, quit current job only to find out you can’t start new job) to a lot of people lately.  So scary when you mess with people’s livelihood and incomes!!!
    Not stupid!  He's only 2, so technically it's daycare but it's a Montessori school and they call it school so we do too :)  Just habit!  But it's daycare.
  • If you need a laugh, go follow the Radio Shack twitter account.   It's hilarious and fully YOLO.  
  • Ugh, I’m sorry to everyone struggling with COVID right now. 

@mrsconn23 yay for the check and for the positive job prospects! 

Another day at work. One of our docs called off today so we had to reschedule a lot of patients. I think we overwhelmed them yesterday. I have a bunch of stuff to do at work today. My dad is supposed to come over tomorrow to work on the bathroom. The house is a mess but at least I speed cleaned the bathroom this morning. I probably should have woken up early to clean the house but I was desperate for sleep. 

• banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    It's official.  :D  Still negotiating on $$, but I am going to accept.  
    It's Bourbon thirty! 
    For sure.  Hitting up the liquor store after work.  :) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    It's Bourbon thirty! 
    Ya’ll got a lot to celebrate! 

• mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    It's Bourbon thirty! 
    Ya’ll got a lot to celebrate! 
    We do.  It doesn't feel quite real in a way.  I'm just so grateful, but also am reminding myself it's our hard work that went along with that luck.  <3 
  • Yay! @mrsconn23 congratulations!!!

• @mrsconn23 whoo! What a good thing after having a crumby thing happen
  • Washer & dryer delivered yesterday. Dryer balls delivered also :) I went with a suggestion from the other day since they were cheaper also.

M & I got a ton of stuff out of the garage. I wanna buy a heavy push broom now that's just for garage because damn that place is awful :\  idk what it is, but there's something sticky on the ground? Eventually I'm gonna just dump water on the ground and see if using a push broom will help. Whatever. Progress.
    We need to get automatic door opener for garage, especially since M is doing pick up in fall.

M is going to football game tonight with SFIL, so it's just BK & I tonight. Idk what the plan is but I did promise I'd paint her nails.

Yesterday I got the email about BK's school next year. Her teacher, one of the brief open houses just before school and first day of school prep.
    My coworker said that for her kids, they made a little crown craft to wear first day of school, so I wonder if it's same idea.
    I'm a lot of emotions.

Her teacher's last name is same as my company name. So that's fun lol