Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• Options
    @STARMOON44 That is great! I was picturing a big Osprey type hiking backpack. I don't think I could do a whole vacation with just a carryon. You are a badass! 
    Thank you I take a lot of pride in my packing skills lol. But I am also staying in nice hotels so can have them do laundry if I need which helps. 
  • Options
    Anyone else kinda scared of this railroad strike? If you think the grocery store is expensive now…..
    I think the senate will approve the forced contract. They won’t want to and there will be a lot of unhappy people but it’s probably what needs to happen. 
  • Options
    Anyone else kinda scared of this railroad strike? If you think the grocery store is expensive now…..
    I don't know much about it.  Just seen headlines here and there.  I should pay more attention.

Come to think of it, that could affect one aspect of my work also.  The job site is overseas.  Our US vendors deliver their goods to a warehouse in TX-->train to Los Angeles-->ship across the Pacific.

Yeah, there are container ships that go across the Panama Canal.  But it's my understanding that's more expensive and takes longer.

Even my vendors across the Pacific get a lot of their stock from the US, so that could cause hold ups for those POs also.

I'll cross my fingers it gets resolved favorably for all and quickly.  I rarely think about railroads.  Probably because it's such a long standing and well-run backbone to our nation's logistics that the general public doesn't have to think about railroads.  I would like it to remain that way, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

👆🏻 This. But also, I think after Thanksgiving - food is also a free for all until January 1st. 
    OMG, yes!  Me too.

It's also not helping me that work is really slow right now.  Why am I here?  It's almost Christmas.  Except it's inexplicably 3 more weeks.

It's cool, @CharmedPam.  Everybody knows that calories for holiday foods don't count.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @levioosa, I didn't like better than sex mascara either.  
    @MissKittyDanger, it honestly just went on my eyelashes weird.  It wasn't clumpy, but it made my eyelashes stick together and if I tried to separate them, it was super smeary and messy.  And it didn't matter if I dipped the brush and tried to get the excess off.  I currently use a basic Sephora brand (I think it's the one for 'volume') and it does just fine.  I also have Sky High by L'Oreal and I like that too.  
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I felt like my eye lashes stuck together and there was a lot of fall out and smudging for me that I didn’t care for 

• Options
    @levioosa @mrsconn23 oh definitely good to know! It's on my list to check out but given what you both say, I may see if they have a sample before purchasing
  • Options
    I use the MAC mascara (I don’t know the name- the one with volume). I have thin lashes and this has really thin bristles and doesn’t clump. I’m a makeup minimalist so I don’t want anything too big so this is a great everyday one for me. 
  • Options
    I use the MAC mascara (I don’t know the name- the one with volume). I have thin lashes and this has really thin bristles and doesn’t clump. I’m a makeup minimalist so I don’t want anything too big so this is a great everyday one for me. 
    Is it buildable?
    I've been pretty minimal with makeup but I like mascara to sometimes play up a bold lip I do
  • Options
    Is it buildable?
    I've been pretty minimal with makeup but I like mascara to sometimes play up a bold lip I do
    Lol I don’t know what buildable means but it’s a pretty substantial mascara. I just like that the bristles are thinner so it goes on better for my lashes. 
  • Options
    Is it buildable?
    Lol I don’t know what buildable means but it’s a pretty substantial mascara. I just like that the bristles are thinner so it goes on better for my lashes. 
    I guess everyone may have a different term for same deal.

Put extra coats on and it adds to make them longer/thicker etc