Wedding Woes

Friday Eve (aka Thursday)

I started a new workout regimen yesterday to mix things up a bit and my arms are hurting this morning! But I’m finally using my ab cruncher now.  It’s not just a bra stand anymore lol.
I had a spiritual/psychic reading last night. This lady is GOOD (repeat customer) but she’s expensive.  I bought a black friday sale from her for 25% off, which is the only way I could justify it.  She almost made me cry when she told me my grandma was there.  Not only with this pyschic but with others I have gone to in the past, Grandma always comes through. I truly beileve she’s my spirit guide.  We had a special bond when she was alive (grandma did with all her grandchildren). Anyway, she nailed SO many things and got so many things correct.  And she knew about the wedding ring that my aunt and mom and a slight tug-o-war over.  This lady told me my grandmother wanted me to end up having it (I think my mom ended up letting my aunt have it. It wasn’t an expensive ring by any means, just sentimental).  So how do I tell my mom and aunt that? I went to a medium and she told me grandma wanted me to end up having it? By the way, our family really does believe in all that (spiritual guide readings/mediums). 

Re: Friday Eve (aka Thursday)

• Wow fantastic news. I honestly didn’t think it would happen!

• Oof well H’s division just announced a major re-org that is admittedly not great for him. He was brought into the company specifically for a project that got dropped about 6 months in when his manager (who was leading it) went to another team. He then had his second manager who was terrible and was pushed out. Then he was reporting to the global director but they weren’t really utilizing his skills because he was brought in for that specific project the bad manager didn’t want to continue. So now they’re restructuring again and he’s effectively being moved to someone that is a project manager (which H is in strategy) so he’s not happy about it (and he’s moving further down the hierarchy). 

Ugh. He’s on his way to camp and baby M and I have some fun planned for the weekend. It’s just all a lot. 
  • @CharmedPam is it recorded? I went to one and they recorded it.
    M doesn't believe it in - I get it, not for everyone - but I told him I can't explain. There are things they say that aren't just a hot or cold reading. Things I never spoke about to ANYONE they got and it ended up being accurate.
    For example, when I went the reader said that I was having thoughts about my boyfriend - not second thoughts, but questioning? - and he said there will be an event that will solidify my answer.
    Unfortunately that was my dad passing and M was so ... idk. He was more than supportive.
    Was I considering leaving M? Absolutely not. But part of me was questioning if he was "the one"
  • IL's asked to take the boys one day this weekend and i'm really not feeling it. H and i have agreed previously that we don't want the boys at their house alone until they babyproof some things (which they have not done), but H always struggles with actually holding a boundary like that with them. We'll see what happens - but i'm much more comfortable with them at our house or going out and doing something together. 

I have my current team holiday outing today so leaving at 12:30 to go to topgolf and then no one is coming back to the office, so i'm going to take a couple hours and christmas shop before I pick up the babies.  

I can't stop eating snacks and it's annoying. 

M doesn't believe it in - I get it, not for everyone - but I told him I can't explain. There are things they say that aren't just a hot or cold reading. Things I never spoke about to ANYONE they got and it ended up being accurate.
    For example, when I went the reader said that I was having thoughts about my boyfriend - not second thoughts, but questioning? - and he said there will be an event that will solidify my answer.
    Unfortunately that was my dad passing and M was so ... idk. He was more than supportive.
    Was I considering leaving M? Absolutely not. But part of me was questioning if he was "the one"
    I mean. Couldn’t anyone tell you that if you are questioning if someone is the right one, eventually something will happen and you’ll know? That’s just common sense. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2022
    Ugh sorry about H’s job @charlotte989875.  Anything else 2022 wants to throw at you?

I mean. Couldn’t anyone tell you that if you are questioning if someone is the right one, eventually something will happen and you’ll know? That’s just common sense. 
    So I am always questioning pyschics and picking up on vague questions they come at me with. I also question the paranormal as an investigator with sounds/locations/electrical currents etc. 
    so look at me.  I’m in my mid 40’s (it’s a zoom call) so the safe bet is to say my grandmother has passed and is with me for this reading, right? And maybe that’s why all these people bring up that female figure. But you can also play devils advocate and bet my grandfather has passed (although in my case, that would be a bad guess because one is still alive!) so they could basically go both ways.  I tell them a grandparent is still on earth.  Oh… I meant great grandparent then. Or great great great?  Cool, you picked up an ancestor on the Mayflower :)
    But she really got some precise stuff.  

And yup, recorded. On zoom.  Do I have to ask her for that, or is it in my zoom account?  Do I even have an account?  Technology is hard.

• Heyyy! It's my Friday.  Woohoo! 

Trying to finish reviews so I have them off my plate.  I need to stop having meetings.  Also, I left my damn Airpods at my desk.  Thankfully, I have old plug in headphones.  But it's not the same.  I am running around tomorrow, so I'm going to stop in and get them.  

Prudie is coming up.  
    Not for everyone.
    Some people just know.

I mean some days I half expect M to just end it {intrusive thoughts}
  • @STARMOON44, I was thrilled when I saw that.  It had been sounding like she'd be spending years in a penal colony (shudder).

@CharmedPam, I'm glad it was a good psychic reading and you felt the presence of your grandma.  I know that is comforting.

@charlotte989875, sorry to hear about your H's job re-org.  Hopefully it turns out better than he is thinking.  And, who knows?  Another project in his wheelhouse may come up in the future and he'll be back in a position he prefers.

Two showings today.

I also finally had a chance to get more property insurance info about Ocala, FL and it was mostly good news!  Mortgagers DO require named storm coverage, so that part sucks, but wasn't totally unexpected.  I was so hopeful they didn't.  But, because it's not on the coast and is also further north, it doesn't have the high costs and less availability for carriers that South FL does.  He said, even for a STR, I'll be around $200-$300/month for the kind of house I'm looking for.  I currently pay more than that for properties worth half as much (eyeroll).  My personal home would definitely be under $200/month.  I currently pay almost double that.

He said it was fun talking to me because people from out-of-state are usually shocked at how high the property insurance is.  Whereas I'm like, "That would be AMAZING to only pay $200/month for insurance. Such a relief!"  It's all about different perspectives and relativity, lol.

He also gave me good tips for when I start looking at properties.  Apparently, most insurers in FL (even inland FL) require the roof to be 10 years old or newer.  The carrier choices substantially drop off if it is older than that and no one will cover a house if the roof is older than 15 years.  So hateful, when you consider the normal life of a roof is 25-30 years.  So roofs basically need to be replaced at their half-life (eye roll).

Reconnaissance mission for late December on!  Unless something crazy happens, I think the Ocala area will be our choice.  So great!  I am so excited.

Coincidentally, my close friend grew up in Ocala and her family still lives there.  She remembers it as this sleepy, boring town that she clawed herself away.  But that was also 30+ years ago.  It's hard for her to fathom why anyone would want to vacation there, lol.  It actually has better average, annual occupancy rates then almost anywhere else we were looking.  During the high season of Jan.-March, when big horse shows and snowbirds converge, the occupancy rate is 100%.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy have you been there?
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2022
    @short+sassy have you been there?
    I have not.  That's why we are going in December.  To make sure there is nothing that jumps out as surprising and a dealbreaker.  Or it has a bad vibe we just wouldn't be comfortable with.

I know it will be a smaller area than our preference, but it's not crazy small and there are larger towns within short drives.  I know, demographics-wise, it's a much higher average age.  Lots of retired, older people.  I wouldn't have wanted to live there in my 20s because of that.  But then, my H and I aren't too far off from being "older, retired" people either, lol.

Just for fun, I looked it up.  The average age in the US, nationwide, is about 39 years old.  In Ocala, it is 49 years old.  I just turned 49 and my H is 58.

For our own lifestyle, we're pretty easygoing people.  As long as we're in a place where we feel financially comfortable and safe, I think we would be happy just about anywhere.

Edited to add:  I am also aware it is horse country.  With a capital H-O-R-S-E , just like the basketball shooting game, lol.  True.  Neither my H nor I are "horse people".  But we do like the money that horse people have, lol.

But in my other research, I was amazed at how beautiful this area is.  There are multiple national parks that have springs in them.  Houses with pools are common.  Lots of outdoor activities.  I'm not normally an outdoorsy person, but those are the kind of outdoor activities I like.  Light hiking/walking, being in nature, and swimming.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Popping in briefly, I've been lurking this week.  @charlotte989875 I'm so sorry about what you are going through just for hunting season.  Construction is stressful enough as it is!

We haven't been getting the rain that some of you seem to be getting, but it has been weirdly warm.  I think it might be a green Christmas.  We had to get more tick medication for the dog because it hasn't gotten cold enough yet.

My chickens keep escaping their cage.  It's been so annoying this week, but I've been in my training class nonstop so I can't run outside and throw them back into their pen every ten minutes.  

I am ready for it to be Friday now ....