Wedding Woes

Friday the 13th

...and Friday before a long weekend.  I think it's going to be a day.
Stbxh hasn't gotten back to me about whether he's taking the kids tomorrow or not.  I have a lot of grading plus some errands to run so I'd selfishly love the time, plus I think it'd be nice for the kids to see him for a few hours, they haven't seen him since Christmas.  We'll see.  Hope everyone has a quick day and some resting and rejuvenating (or fun things!) planned for the weekend.

Re: Friday the 13th

• I had a rare morning in that I woke up thinking it was earlier in the week and then was elated when I realized it was my half-day Friday.

Though I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th, until I got to this board.  I do not need any more bad luck after the week I have had, lol.  Unfortunately, MLK day is not a holiday at my work, so it's just a normal weekend for me.

My friend and I are going to a new Thai place in our neighborhood today, so I'm looking forward to that.  Thai food is not a favorite for me, but everyone keeps talking about how good it is.  Plus it's convenient.  So I figured I'd give it a try.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My work computer seems to be having a Friday the 13th. It's not even 10 and I've already crashed and restarted both excel and my browser twice. I don't know what its deal is, but I really don't want them to replace my laptop. The new ones only have 1 USB port. I cannot do hybrid like that. 

Otherwise, I'm just counting down to 5 when I leave for my book club weekend. I don't know who decided that we should get a cabin in the woods on Friday the 13th, but here we are. It's going to be cold AF, so at least we won't be sitting around the campfire outside waiting to get murdered.
  • I'm getting antsy at work to jump into some real projects and not just assist/review/train. I'm taking that as a good sign that i'm really going to like this job!

Boys have COVID shots after school (N booster, G 2nd round) and then my parents are visiting for the weekend. Supposed to be pretty decent weather wise so hoping for a lot of outside/park time. And G goes to bed early on weekends bc he doesn't nap, so it's always pretty nice :) Also, the boys have school on Monday but both H and I are off - so i think mom and dad are going to stay and help us with some projects around the house while the boys are gone!
  • BK is home due to snow day.
    Absolutely terrible weather but luckily no one was out, so it didn't take me long to get to work.

I have to fold BK's old clothes for donation and do groceries tomorrow. I'll probably swing by the donation place and see if they can review it all while I get groceries and then swing by for whatever after.

I'm starting at the gym on Sunday. So that's great.
  • Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done.  It just needs a trim and reshape while it's growing out, so my curls aren't weighed out anymore and some unevenness can be fixed.  Dying it a darker shade then my natural with red highlights.  I've done this before and it really was one of my favorite things on my hair.  I don't mind being a brunette, but my hair is "field mouse brown" color with random blond hairs and just always feels a bit washed out.  Then seeing Two Towers on Sunday.  I need some solid self care that isn't "sit and play video games while not showering".  

The Lexapro withdrawal continues.  I counted my leftover pills and I'm about 2 weeks in.  This morning was the first time I've had emotional issues but I handled them and I'm physically feeling somewhat better.  On Wednesday I took a 3 hour bath and read a book that I'm really enjoying.  On Thursday I went out to dinner with a good friend.  I think tonight I'll play some video games and just relax until tomorrow.  Or I might drag out the paints I bought and actually fire up the painting classes I purchased on a NYE deal.  IDK, we'll see how I feel after work.  

Also, I found out L had gotten covid and was also going through some stuff, so I reached out.  We chatted for a bit and then he informs me we need to get together b/c he's holding onto my Christmas present.  I feel a little eye-roll-y about it.  I'm just going on with my normal stuffs and life.
  • Slow and quiet Friday which is exactly what I need. H is going hunting tonight and tomorrow, I have my cousin’s baby shower but thankfully MIL offered to watch baby M. So glad it’s a long weekend! 
  • I had a rare morning in that I woke up thinking it was earlier in the week and then was elated when I realized it was my half-day Friday.

Though I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th, until I got to this board.  I do not need any more bad luck after the week I have had, lol.  Unfortunately, MLK day is not a holiday at my work, so it's just a normal weekend for me.

My friend and I are going to a new Thai place in our neighborhood today, so I'm looking forward to that.  Thai food is not a favorite for me, but everyone keeps talking about how good it is.  Plus it's convenient.  So I figured I'd give it a try.
    It’s probably to late now, but pad thai is always a middle ground for people who don’t care much for thai.  Can’t hate pad thai!

It’s probably to late now, but pad thai is always a middle ground for people who don’t care much for thai.  Can’t hate pad thai!
    Actually, pad thai is one of my least favorite Thai dishes, lol.  My H also ruined the dish further for me by giving it a negative association.  We rarely fight, but believe it or not, have had numerous fights about this dish because he is so thoughtless about it.

It's one of his all-time favorites.  So sometimes he would stop and get take-out from this Thai place he liked downtown.  Spending 40 bucks on food I don't like.  And then would come home all excited and that he had a "surprise" for me.  Which is even more frustrating because "suprises" are supposed to be good, not bad.  I am not exaggerating, we have had a conversation exactly like this about 5x over the years:

H:  I stopped at Singha and got us dinner!
    Me:  What did you get me?
    H:  Chicken Pad Thai.
    Me:  Why did you get me Chicken Pad Thai when you know I don't like it that much?
    H:  I didn't know what else you would want.
    Me:  Then why didn't you take 30 seconds to text and ask what I wanted?  Why would you purposely get me a dish you know I don't care for?  

Then I tell him he can have mine also because he will enjoy it more and I don't really want it.  I've also told him, if he can't be bothered to text me what I want, then don't order anything for me.  Because then he is just wasting twice as much money on food that is just for him and that's bullshit.

But anyway, on Friday, I got the glass noodles with beef.  Large portion size for the price.  I also added a side of curry sauce.  I"m so glad I did.  The dish on its own was decent, but was a lot more flavorful with the curry sauce.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker