Wedding Woes

Prudie Day

How's everyone?  Annoying meeting at work today, wolf scouts tonight, but thankful for Friday Eve.

Re: Prudie Day

• I have been putting out fires since before 8am.  My coffee is cold and I didn't even drink half of my first cup.  

Glad to be at home working today.  I always sleep in on Thursday/Friday until I have to take DefConn down to catch the bus (we drive him down since it's so dark on our street and we live on a county road that people speed down often).  DefConn has a wrestling meet tonight.  He's probably, as JV, not going to wrestle in a meet this season, but it's been fun to go to the meets and cheer his team on. 

Looking at Prudie right now.  Apparently, a knottie# agrees with you all that I definitely shouldn't contact my dead husband's first family from last week. LOL  Let's see what other problems I have today. 
  • I started my day by saying *slightly* snarky to an executive and now really hoping it doesn’t come back to bite me in the ass. 

To be fair she’s been incredibly rude to me since I took this role, my manager thinks she’s ridiculous so hoping I’m covered here. 
  • It cracks me up when random people come respond to the prudie letters as if they are your real questions. Sometimes I almost forget that this is a public board, but they must think you have a lot of problems.

I'm already tired today. I've been getting up early and doing 6:30 bootcamp on days that I don't run. Today was my department's monthly 7 am call, so I went to the earlier session. It's not even 10 and I'm ready for lunch or a nap. Or both. 

Nothing much else going on. Job searching sucks, but being stuck at a job that I don't like also sucks. Slogging through and counting down to Friday, I guess. I'm trying to come up with a gift for H's birthday, but it needs to be on the modest side. 
  • I remember being new to this board and was very confused by Prudie the first time. LOL I'm sure I thought it was a poster though I'm also sure I didn't respond to the post.

Worked out this morning and felt a little better. I'm still tired but not as tired as I have been. My poor trainer probably thinks I'm the most unmotivated person ever because I just haven't been into training since Christmas. We might do carry out with some neighbors tonight (they don't go to restaurants because of the H's compromised immune system). They are headed to Florida in a few days and will be gone for over a month so it will be nice to see them before they leave. Other than that house cleaning because we are having other friends over for dinner on Saturday.
  • It's getting real!  Sailing away in a few days.  With mild panic at things I still need to get done both personally and at work.  Fortunately, work has been slow.  Today will be my "crunch time", but even the crucial stuff is only about half a days worth of work.  So I have all day today and a few hours tomorrow.  Plenty of time (not to jinx myself!).

For personal stuff, including packing/what to bring, I need to make a list today.  I always feel more secure and calmer with lists, because otherwise I feel scattered and like I'm forgetting something.

Such Murphy's Law.  I handle all the finances for our household and my LLC, but my H is not a signer on anything.  We have three giant bills to pay (roof, drywall, and piping), once the work is done.  The roof work is done, but they have not given us the final invoice yet.  The other two jobs are not.  Drywall will probably (hopefully) be done on Friday.  But there's a good chance all three of these bills need to be paid while I am gone, lmao.  That is definitely true for the largest one, plumbing.

That is one of the items on my to-do list.  Have everything ready for my H to be able to pay without my being here.  For example, the roofing company will take credit cards, but I want to use a specific one, so I need to remember to leave it behind.  I know the drywall peeps don't take 'ccs.  It would be great if the plumber did, but I doubt it.

Which is on top of the closing for one of the duplexes happening next week also.  I was teasing my H that it is about time he's the one who has to go to one of these and sign his name a gazillion times!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My shoulder hurts. Which happens more when I'm tired but I've been sleeping so idk. Maybe I slept funny. I'm gonna have M put A535 on it tonight before he goes to the gym.

It's my Friday but don't be too excited. I have my dentist appt tomorrow. As mentioned before, I'm scheduled for root canal but it's a broken tooth so I've gotta sign off on stuff saying I understand it could be extraction.
    Afterwards I'm going to my mum's place, and she has soft foods I can eat. Root canal often hurts my jaw, so that's fun times.
    BK is going to sleep over at my mum's place after - when M is done work, he'll bring her over and pick me up.

Idk what plan is Saturday, but Friday night M & I are hoping to start clearing out doom boxes - hopefully we can toss/donate a ton.

Sunday M is going to the gym. BK & I are going to do some home yoga. I explained to M that I could be fine but if my jaw is sore, I'll be cranky and want to go home. So might be best I just don't go.

Monday I also booked off - hair cut :) 
  • @MissKittyDanger, good luck with the tooth tomorrow.  I have major dental problems myself and am very sympathetic.  I definitely lay low for a couple days after a big procedure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy So I also get needle anxiety, so they use nitrous on me for that. Post dental work, I'm basically vibrating from anxiety and nitrous - they've learned to put the xray cape on me. Weighted blanket vibes, helps settle :D 
  • I'm starting a new series randomly.

Things my child has said. Please those with kids {nieces/nephews too!} join.
    We can also do a "dumb shit my pet does"

Last week - BK was wearing pjs that the pants are big on waist so they keep falling.
    She took it upon herself to pull her undies down and continue to moon M & I 
    I said "pull your pants up, I don't wanna see your bum" and "pants up or I'm pinching your bum!" more than I'd like to admit.

This morning we had to explain no one will eat the bandaid on her finger.
  • VarunaTT said:
    Whew.  It's already been a busy morning and it's only 10:30.  I came in early because I have a pretty big project that I really want to get finished (my own deadline), but it's not looking like that is going to happen today.  Hopefully tomorrow.

So, I have one co-worker I've just decided I'm not going to like her.  That means I can move into the "I will work professionally with you, but we're not going to be friendly" and I can feel like I can stop trying to be friend co-workers and just be co-workers.  I told her to email me if she needs to correct me, b/c [insert professional reason], but really it's b/c if she continues to speak to me like I'm a child, it's going to continue to make me irritated and we will continue to de-volve the relationship.  But I did walk into an email from my new boss saying that I was doing a really good job and he hoped I was happy that I had come here.  That was really nice.

Otherwise, SSDD.
    I call this the "smile that doesn't reach my eyes" attitude.  This accessory includes a polite, but cool tone.  More monotone than how I typically speak.

Even in a great job, the "not my fave" coworkers are out there.  At least there was that awesome e-mail from your boss.  Sounds like they are very happy with you and it's a good fit with almost everyone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SSDD. I was out like a light last night but I went to bed later than I wanted. Then I woke up early and briefly thought about working out (I really should have), but I opted for more sleep. I have got to figure something out for the three days I work 8-9. I am just so not a morning person and I’m already too amped after work which takes me two hours to calm down enough for sleep. 

Omicron booster tomorrow. I purposefully avoided plans on Saturday in case I feel like a dumpster fire. 

Last week - BK was wearing pjs that the pants are big on waist so they keep falling.
    I said "pull your pants up, I don't wanna see your bum" and "pants up or I'm pinching your bum!" more than I'd like to admit.

She doesn't do it every night.  But sometimes my dog Izzy won't go to bed unless I walk her to the bedroom.

The typical routine in our house is my H usually goes to bed first.  Sometimes Izzy follows him.  Sometimes she stays with me in the living room.

If she is ready to go to bed before I am, sometimes she'll wander off on her own.  But other times she'll start getting antsy and staring at me.  If I get up to do anything, she'll get super excited and tries to get me to follow her to the bedroom.  I think she's hoping I'll also stay there with her.  But I'll lead her to my side of the bed which is where she sleeps.  I'll pat the bed and encourage her to jump up.  Then I give her a few pets and leave again.  She usually settles in after that.

FWIW, we've always let her get on the bed whenever she wants.  She doesn't need our permission and she "seems" to know that.  Maybe it is her childlike way of wanting to be "tucked in" for the night.  But I have always wondered why she does it and what she is thinking, especially since it isn't consistently.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

She doesn't do it every night.  But sometimes my dog Izzy won't go to bed unless I walk her to the bedroom.

The typical routine in our house is my H usually goes to bed first.  Sometimes Izzy follows him.  Sometimes she stays with me in the living room.

If she is ready to go to bed before I am, sometimes she'll wander off on her own.  But other times she'll start getting antsy and staring at me.  If I get up to do anything, she'll get super excited and tries to get me to follow her to the bedroom.  I think she's hoping I'll also stay there with her.  But I'll lead her to my side of the bed which is where she sleeps.  I'll pat the bed and encourage her to jump up.  Then I give her a few pets and leave again.  She usually settles in after that.

FWIW, we've always let her get on the bed whenever she wants.  She doesn't need our permission and she "seems" to know that.  Maybe it is her childlike way of wanting to be "tucked in" for the night.  But I have always wondered why she does it and what she is thinking, especially since it isn't consistently.
    Penny does this lol
    She'll wait outside the bathroom when I brush my teeth etc.
    If I have to go downstairs for something, I could say "stay there I'll be back" she'll still come.

When I was pregnant and needed shredded cheese at 2am, she'd be sitting there half asleep waiting for me to go to back to bed

Angel was my baby but Penny is my shadow ;)