Attire & Accessories Forum

Needing Comfortable Shoes with arch support!

Hi All!  I'm getting married in April and am getting ready to pick up my dress and take it for alterations - but realize I need shoes!! I have plantar fasciitis and can now walk around without shoes/orthopedic slippers, but my feet aren't happy if I do that too much.  I've tried looking online but don't see anything that's caught my eye.  I was wondering if anybody has some suggestions where to go - I'm thinking a wedge would work well, and would like it with lace or embellishments (but nothing too blingy) as my dress is ankle or mid-calf length.  Thanks so much!

Re: Needing Comfortable Shoes with arch support!

• The best place I've found for hard to fit feet is BA Masons out of Chippewa Falls, WI...  They're a mail order company for the most part, but their history is fitting hard to fit feet.  Shoemall .com is their trendier styles website.  

The reality is, no one is going to see your shoes under your dress - go COMFORTABLE for your feet even if that means wearing a Chuck with an Orthotic!!  
  • Buy shoes that you can and will wear again. Avoid anything cheap or trendy, no matter how cute they look. Hurt feet are expensive!

There are plenty of shoes that will give you the support you need and still look good with your dress.  If you don't mind spending a lot, Beautifeel shoes are made for people with foot trouble, and they have some very dressy styles that will look appropriate with your dress and still be useful for other occasions. Vionic is another good brand for plantar fasciitis, and they do have dressy styles. Clarks also makes shoes for bad feet, but I'm not sure if any are wedding appropriate.
  • MesmrEwe said:
    The best place I've found for hard to fit feet is BA Masons out of Chippewa Falls, WI...  They're a mail order company for the most part, but their history is fitting hard to fit feet.  Shoemall .com is their trendier styles website.  

The reality is, no one is going to see your shoes under your dress - go COMFORTABLE for your feet even if that means wearing a Chuck with an Orthotic!!  

My husband was born there, and has scores of family in Chippewa.

OP did note that her dress would be ankle or mid-calf length, so the shoes will show.
  • maine7mob said:
    Buy shoes that you can and will wear again. Avoid anything cheap or trendy, no matter how cute they look. Hurt feet are expensive!

There are plenty of shoes that will give you the support you need and still look good with your dress.  If you don't mind spending a lot, Beautifeel shoes are made for people with foot trouble, and they have some very dressy styles that will look appropriate with your dress and still be useful for other occasions. Vionic is another good brand for plantar fasciitis, and they do have dressy styles. Clarks also makes shoes for bad feet, but I'm not sure if any are wedding appropriate.

Agree with Vionic!  Lifestride makes some fairly dressy but supportive shoes, as does Dr. Scholl's.  Even with a shorter length dress, in the big scheme of things, the shoes will become an after thought. 

My daughter broke her foot 10 weeks prior to her wedding.  We were just happy she didn't have to walk up the aisle in a boot!  Her shoes were chosen for function and health.  Even though her dress was long, they did peek through when she walked.  But unless you specifically were looking down, most people barely noticed. 

I suggest you consider the length of your day and how many photos will truly include your feet!  Choose for all day comfort over a momentary "look".
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2023
    MobKaz said:
    MesmrEwe said:
    The best place I've found for hard to fit feet is BA Masons out of Chippewa Falls, WI...  They're a mail order company for the most part, but their history is fitting hard to fit feet.  Shoemall .com is their trendier styles website.  

My husband was born there, and has scores of family in Chippewa.

OP did note that her dress would be ankle or mid-calf length, so the shoes will show.
    @MobKaz They do have some cute styles even if they do show!!!  (didn't catch the ankle/mid-calf length)..  They used to have an annual tent sale with all of the returns which was a destination event that people would travel to attend, they've since streamlined processes and no longer do it to the same degree, but it was awesome to go there for the event and actually purchase shoes in-person!  My wedding shoes actually came from their tent sale and were so comfy I wore 3" heels and my feet never hurt all day/night! LOL