Wedding Woes
Options

Weary Wednesday

I have been sleeping hard.  We're down to one wakeup/night.  Harley is obsessed with my boxing machine (I think all of the padding feels nice on her claws).  She keeps getting her spring toys under it as well.  I think I'm going to cover it with a fitted sheet at night until it falls out of interest and see how that goes.  It's too heavy to move and I don't really want it someplace else.  I'm also having to get some slow feeders, b/c she's doing the "scarf and barf" thing now.  Honestly, I think she's truly hungry, but she's a tiny cat and is a solid 7.5 pounds, I really don't feel like i can feed her more.  She gets established with the vet at the end of the month (Saturday appointment), so I'll doublecheck with the vet.

Otherwise, SSDD.  The office move has pushed into high gear and I'm getting excited.  I am so looking forward to have loads of natural light (one wall is floor to ceiling windows, 12 feet of them!).  Plus it will feel like a fresh start, with furniture I've picked and an office I like, rather than one I just had to fit into.  I might even add some actual decor (I tend to leave my offices blank).

Re: Weary Wednesday

• Options
    I've been sleeping hard too, while I'm asleep, but have been waking up earlier than usual.  It's usually fairly early (4:30-45ish) but this morning it was up for the day by 3:50, which was annoying.  Dropping off chili for a meal train this evening so I did get the corn bread baked with my extra time, one less thing to do after work at least.
  • Options
    I didn't get enough sleep last night.  But that was my own fault for going to bed late.  I woke up with my alarm and was complaining to myself that I had to get up.  Then I remembered it's my WFH day and happily slept for 45 more minutes, lol.

I turned the heat on for the first time today!  Probably hasn't been on since Feb. or March.  The room is cozy and warm now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also slept super hard last night - N came in around 4 for snuggles and totally scared the crap out of me. 

Been busy at work the last couple days - it's nice. 

@levioosa what a dick. Hopefully you get some answers
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2023
    Oh @banana468, that's so much.  Glad to hear that they got her in the study to get into remission faster. Fingers crossed. 

Boo on DH's foot not being better.  That's super stressful and scary since the abx aren't working.  Feet are nothing to mess with. 

And we are having a discussion in my mom group about being working parents, and how there aren't enough hours in the day, and how it's a lie that the most expensive part of raising kids is when they're in daycare, and that you feel like you want, and need, to be with your kids more as they get older.  ((hugs)) It's been a tough season for you, lady. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Oh @banana468, that's so much.  Glad to hear that they got her in the study to get into remission faster. Fingers crossed. 

Boo on DH's foot not being better.  That's super stressful and scary since the abx aren't working.  Feet are nothing to mess with. 

And we are having a discussion in my mom group about being working parents, and how there aren't enough hours in the day, and how it's a lie that the most expensive part of raising kids is when they're in daycare, and that you feel like you want, and need, to be with your kids more as they get older.  ((hugs)) It's been a tough season for you, lady. 
    Thank you!

I'm super grateful that when Chiquita was hospitalized I told my boss that I'd get the job done but don't make me attend meetings.  I had my laptop and the great beauty of not going anywhere for two weeks with a kid who had no desire to move is that I worked while I listened to copious Henry Danger reruns.   

But now both kids play soccer, they're both in scouts and I suppose everyone in this house needs to eat and have clean underwear (side note: I sometimes ponder if we could be cold-weather nudists just for the laundry savings; the IBD says at least underwear is a good idea for some.)

I'm grateful that we're getting Chiquita treated at a great teaching hospital.  By getting into the study it should compile her details with those of other kids and it's what we need to see.  She's feeling more normal and the goal is to get her to feel that way for as long as possible.   She's matured so much!

And yeah - for poor DH we don't know why there are these repeated issues of sores on his feet.  They annoy him but he's now worried that there's something auto immune triggering this when the two cultures from a month ago didn't find anything. 
  • Options
    @banana468, how long/often does Chiquita need to get infusions?  

I'm so glad to hear her health has continually been getting better.  Hopefully DH's foot will be getting better soon also.

Might be time to get out the sage for any potential ancient burial grounds on your land, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm so glad to hear her health has continually been getting better.  Hopefully DH's foot will be getting better soon also.

Might be time to get out the sage for any potential ancient burial grounds on your land, lol.
    Our understanding is that the infusions are going to be approximately every 5 weeks for now and for the next several years.  She had bloodwork drawn to be evaluated by an outside lab to determine the level of the biologic in her system and to confirm that her body isn't producing antibodies against it.    That may change the quantity and frequency of the dosing.  

We absolutely see a huge difference in her.   She's acting more like herself and her gut is acting more "normal".  She desperately wants to be more like other kids!

Based on the stats, we're told if this progresses the way they want she will continue the infusions until she's 17 and then she will have a second colonoscopy.  Considering she's only turning 13 in 6 weeks we have a way to go but also plenty of time to consider more evaluation.

• Options
    banana468 said:

Our understanding is that the infusions are going to be approximately every 5 weeks for now and for the next several years.  She had bloodwork drawn to be evaluated by an outside lab to determine the level of the biologic in her system and to confirm that her body isn't producing antibodies against it.    That may change the quantity and frequency of the dosing.  

We absolutely see a huge difference in her.   She's acting more like herself and her gut is acting more "normal".  She desperately wants to be more like other kids!

Based on the stats, we're told if this progresses the way they want she will continue the infusions until she's 17 and then she will have a second colonoscopy.  Considering she's only turning 13 in 6 weeks we have a way to go but also plenty of time to consider more evaluation.

Poor Chiquita (and you)!  That's more frequent than I was expecting, but at least the infusion treatments are working and she can get back to her old self.  I hope as she gets older she'll have the same good results but with fewer treatments.

Our bodies change so much when we're tweens and teenagers anyway.  I know that can add an extra layer of uncertainty to how it can affect medical issues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Poor Chiquita (and you)!  That's more frequent than I was expecting, but at least the infusion treatments are working and she can get back to her old self.  I hope as she gets older she'll have the same good results but with fewer treatments.

Our bodies change so much when we're tweens and teenagers anyway.  I know that can add an extra layer of uncertainty to how it can affect medical issues.
    They are frequent now because she was reaching the point earlier that the cramping and BMs were painful and frequent.  So this is helping her be more normal even if the infusions are frequent.

The *hope* is that she can manage this with diet into adulthood.  I also hope that as she ages she's going to find that her tastes change so food that can trigger is also less likely to be at the top of the list and the foods that she likes will be a longer list.