Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-yay

Good morning!  Midterm week is coming to an end here, I'll miss it.

Blissfully able to say that I have very little on tap for this weekend.  Hoping everyone has moments of rest!

Re: Fri-yay

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 26
    banana468 said:
    I'm happy to say yesterday at the end of the day we had an update from the nurse administrator that she spoke to our insurance company for over an hour and .... no one KNOWS why they rejected the claim but it will be processed for payment.  Fantastic and a relief that we aren't OOP or on the HSA for that $ since bills like that will wipe it out.

Chiquita camps inside a GS lodge tonight and tomorrow I go get her.  
    Can I take a guess? ‘Merica.  Just being America can do it.  We like to have to reprocess things.  Sorry if anyone is in medical billing here.  But super good news!

I have a girls get together tomorrow and THAT’S IT.  It’s craft night but you choose your own and bring it, and we’re just crafting and chit chatting. Instead of diamond painting, which I’m currently addicted to, I’m bringing this diy dreamcatcher I bought years ago and forgot to make.  It should be fun. Is there any good movies out? In good, I mean horror films.  Last weekend nothing caught my interest. 
    Also I sent this meme to my aunt thinking it was HILARIOUS (she’s a dog lover) and she responded with “lame”.  What? Take that back.
    TGIF!
    Edit; has anyone purchased or sold boy scouts popcorn before? Why can’t they find a vendor with good quality popcorn? We ordered last year from my boss’ grandkids and everyone thought it was awful tasting.  Both premade and microwaved ones.  We tossed a lot and the mark up is insane. Then this year I did a military donation and saw they had chocolate covered pretzels.  Even those were awful! $30 for a tiny tiny bag.  How can you screw up chocolate covered pretzels? Use bottom of the barrel chocolate is how.  Yuck!

• Options
    Today is my coworker's last day. I've already cried, and I nearly cried again.

It's just a day.

Tomorrow I get a massage. I opted for relaxation because I think that's what my body needs.
    If not, I'll book RMT at some point.
    My mum gave me a small roller ball that's got SOMETHING {idk what} that's a temp solution for my back issues. It's easier to do than Voltaren or A535 lol

Procrastinator M is gonna do half t.v unit this weekend since we have no other plans.
    We do have quite a few plans for coming weekends, so there isn't much time else where.

BK was home yesterday due to weather and today due to PD day. She misses school apparently.
    Sorry kid, yesterday it was ice on roads.
  • Options
    Happy for you guys @banana468. It’s a little conspiracy theorist of me but I feel like insurance companies charge for stuff all the time they know they should cover because they figure people might not notice, or if they do notice they are too overwhelmed or lost in the system and they just try to pay instead of fighting. 

I wish I could tell you all about the case I might be on for jury duty. But oh well. I will say people watching has been entertaining though. I nearly lost it yesterday in the courtroom when the lawyers were questioning one man about a hypothetical situation and he answered that yeah, something like that had happened to him on Tuesday. He was summoned for jury duty but it had just snowed you see, so he decided to skip out and go snowboarding instead. I was like sir, please, you are not telling a judge and a full court room right now on the record that you dodged jury duty for a snow day. Lol

I have to work today because court isn’t in session and I just know work is going to be petty. I have to report back to court on Monday for more jury selections. 

• Options
    My H keeps massively screwing up my belongings in an effort to "clean".

First, it was my long shoe rack.  He put all my shoes in a tote Because he needed to get to the wall behind it and a large bookshelf.  Instead of just picking up the rack and temporarily moving it.  They were thrown in willy nilly.  I had to spend an hour going through them and putting the shoes back in pairs.  But I guess a silver lining is I got rid of about 8 pairs.

Now he did the same thing with a large pile of my clothes.  Primarily my work clothes and clothes I wear every day.  It sounds messy, but I knew where things were.  Now they're just thrown in a couple of totes.  He also placed them in front of an armoire that has my underwear in it.  So I'm scrambling this morning trying to find a top and pants or skirt that go together.  Then having to move the totes to get clean underwear.  Argh!

So that will be some of my weekend.  I'm ambitious to totally overhaul all my clothing and get an organizational system that makes sense.  But at the very least, I need to organize those totes.

After work today, my H and I are taking Izzy to the dog groomers.  It's at Petco.  We are also going to get her a metal food bowl to replace her plastic one.  Now that we are feeding her softer food, we want bowls that are easier to clean.

@VarunaTT, thanks again for the suggestion to soften her kibble with liquid!  We've been doing that and it's working well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Happy for you guys @banana468. It’s a little conspiracy theorist of me but I feel like insurance companies charge for stuff all the time they know they should cover because they figure people might not notice, or if they do notice they are too overwhelmed or lost in the system and they just try to pay instead of fighting. 

I wish I could tell you all about the case I might be on for jury duty. But oh well. I will say people watching has been entertaining though. I nearly lost it yesterday in the courtroom when the lawyers were questioning one man about a hypothetical situation and he answered that yeah, something like that had happened to him on Tuesday. He was summoned for jury duty but it had just snowed you see, so he decided to skip out and go snowboarding instead. I was like sir, please, you are not telling a judge and a full court room right now on the record that you dodged jury duty for a snow day. Lol

I have to work today because court isn’t in session and I just know work is going to be petty. I have to report back to court on Monday for more jury selections. 
    I don't necessarily try to get out of jury duty.  Especially since my work will pay for it up to a certain amount of days.  I actually think it would be interesting to do at least once.

But I'm also honest that I have T1 diabetes.  I tell them I would need a reasonable accommodation to drink juice or eat glucose packets at any time, jic my blood sugar drops too low.  They're eyes get wide.  They look slightly horrified and say something like, "I'm just going to excuse you."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:

And I seriously wonder though - if the insurance co rejects this what is the answer then?  That they're just forcing the hospitals to pay more so they don't cover it, then the hospital costs are going to go up because they're constantly seeing what the expense is?  This one is $8,900!

Also, what are the ethics for giving a gift card to the nurse who spends an hour on stuff like this?  We're grateful for her efforts and she refused Girl Scout cookies in November.
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Also, what are the ethics for giving a gift card to the nurse who spends an hour on stuff like this?  We're grateful for her efforts and she refused Girl Scout cookies in November.
    You’re so sweet! Starbucks giftcard in a thank-you card? Hard to refuse that!

My H keeps massively screwing up my belongings in an effort to "clean".
    As i was reading I was thinking “being single FTW!” I never do that stuff to my own self lol.  But with the perks comes the downside of being single. 

• Options
    Thanks!  All things appear to be shifting towards 'the food must be made in a commercial / licensed kitchen' to be accepted.   Even the kids class snacks have to be from a place and last year we had Chiquito's birthday party at a place that would not let us serve his friends homemade cake.  No issue for us and Costco came to the rescue but I get it.

We'll start off w/ a TY note or maybe $10 to Starbucks. 
  • Options
    Hi, this week has been crazy because I've been interviewing for a posting I have open.  Two more next week and then it will be OVER.  LOL  

There wasn't new Prudie yesterday.  Womp, womp.  It's some sort of archive week, so they were sharing old letters.  

I'm so glad it's just about the weekend.  I'm beyond ready for it.  Have a great weekend everyone!  :) 
  • Options
    Today is my coworker's last day. I've already cried, and I nearly cried again.

It's just a day.

Tomorrow I get a massage. I opted for relaxation because I think that's what my body needs.
    If not, I'll book RMT at some point.
    My mum gave me a small roller ball that's got SOMETHING {idk what} that's a temp solution for my back issues. It's easier to do than Voltaren or A535 lol

Procrastinator M is gonna do half t.v unit this weekend since we have no other plans.
    We do have quite a few plans for coming weekends, so there isn't much time else where.

BK was home yesterday due to weather and today due to PD day. She misses school apparently.
    Sorry kid, yesterday it was ice on roads.
    My sister (close to your area) mentioned that they had bad weather and I was so shocked.  Got nothing over this way!  But snow and freezing rain mix - that's awesome.  My nephew missed an exam and had to write two in one day.  I hope he does okay.

Yesterday was our 10 year anniversary and hubby took me to an archery range.  It was a lot of fun.  I do NOT have good aim.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Hi, this week has been crazy because I've been interviewing for a posting I have open.  Two more next week and then it will be OVER.  LOL  

There wasn't new Prudie yesterday.  Womp, womp.  It's some sort of archive week, so they were sharing old letters.  

I'm so glad it's just about the weekend.  I'm beyond ready for it.  Have a great weekend everyone!  :) 
    I was wondering about that! I have some dear Prudie letters I could write myself lol. 
    hopefully all that fun of interviews come to an end!

• Options
    @CharmedPam, when our sons were in Boy Scouts we bought the popcorn all the time. It was pretty good (this was a minimum of 13 years ago). It has gotten outrageously expensive though! I bought some from a scout that came to DD's house a few years ago. He had the popcorn with him so I decided to get some. Talking about sticker shock!

Our Executive Director at our Y is leaving. The board (of which I am a member) is very sad about this so we are giving her a gift in appreciation of her 11 years of leadership. I got to go jewelry shopping using someone else's money! The store was having their 50% off after inventory sale so I got a good deal on a diamond necklace. I also bought myself a pair of earrings!

I'm trying out Yoga and Beer this morning at a brewery near us. One of my fellow Y board members invited. I won't be drinking any beer but hopefully the yoga will help my body.