Wedding Woes
Options

Tough Tuesday

Where is everyone this week? Hopefully having a better day than we are! 

J is sick, again. We were at the pediatrician last night and pulmonologist today. He had a single dose of steroids yesterday and now has a 3-day course of them. He has a bad cough, but thankfully no fever or wheezing. Ugh it’s so tough when they’re so little! 

Re: Tough Tuesday

• Options
    @charlotte989875 you can’t catch a break!

I’m here, but it’s a work from home day.  I just took tomorrow off for errands and to leave early for the Teresa Cuputo show.  I was going to leave work early but even doing that puts me in rush hour. Plus, it looks like the only good day to mow this upcoming week. 
    Me and a guy from FB dating connected well on Saturday and on Sunday made a date for tonight. We didn’t say anything yesterday (I have a “if you have nothing to say, don’t” policy) and this morning he canceled saying he just came down with something.  No “raincheck” or reschedule, so I know what that means.  Bummer because he seemed normal (that’s hard to find right now) and we had a lot in common and connected well. He’s not a complete write off, but I’m also not stupid. 

• Options
    Oh gosh!  Poor kiddo.  It is so hard when they're little. I'm glad he doesn't have any wheezing, but I'm sure the cough still makes you so nervous.  

DefConn has been battling a cold since the weekend.  I let him stay home yesterday, but sent him back to school today.  

Work is work.  My bosses on a work trip, so it's been a quiet start to the week. 

This week has started out kind of 'meh' overall.  I know part of it is the weather not being great (overcast and cold).  I'm hoping we're at the tail-end of the weather downturn.   I need the 70's back in my life.  LOL 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, oh no!  I hope J is feeling better soon.

Not much going on for me.  I need a WFH favor from my boss.  I don't know him that well and he's a "rules and regs" kind of guy, so I always feel bad asking for favors.

Jazz Fest starts on Thursday.  I am nearby but don't have a driveway or garage.  The other 50 weeks of the year, my block is quiet and there is plenty of on-street parking.  But that is not the case at this time of year.

I don't usually worry about parking on the Thursdays because by the time I get home from work, people are already leaving and I can get nearby parking.  But this year the Rolling Stones are playing from 5-7pm next Thurs.  So I want to switch my Wed. WFH to Thurs. instead.  I'm debating about adding both my half day Fridays to be WFH days or take vacation days.

Lots of excitement about the Rolling Stones playing this year.  I'm sure they'd be cool to see, but I think it's $240/ticket for that day. And unless you get there when the gates open and RUN to the main stage to camp out your spot for 6 hours, you will literally be way out in left field and they will look like ants.

I don't even like this festival, lol.  So it's all hassle and little benefits to live near it, at least for me.  Though I can hear one of the stages from my porch...unfortunately not the main stage...and that is pretty cool.  Hmmm, maybe we will take Izzy for a walk and try to hear the Stones from a street closer to the main stage.

Definitely one of those, "I'm so glad and grateful this huge festival is here, because New Orleans always needs the money it brings in.  But I personally hate what a PITA it is to deal with."  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 you can’t catch a break!

I’m here, but it’s a work from home day.  I just took tomorrow off for errands and to leave early for the Teresa Cuputo show.  I was going to leave work early but even doing that puts me in rush hour. Plus, it looks like the only good day to mow this upcoming week. 
    Me and a guy from FB dating connected well on Saturday and on Sunday made a date for tonight. We didn’t say anything yesterday (I have a “if you have nothing to say, don’t” policy) and this morning he canceled saying he just came down with something.  No “raincheck” or reschedule, so I know what that means.  Bummer because he seemed normal (that’s hard to find right now) and we had a lot in common and connected well. He’s not a complete write off, but I’m also not stupid. 
    Ugh, yeah!  I had that happen a few times when I was single.  The guys seemed to enjoy the date and took the initiative to ask me for another date before the first one ended. That's a great sign!  But then later cancelled the second one for what seemed like a legitimate excuse.  Except they made no rescheduling suggestion.

Never contacted me again, except for one.  He and I had gone out on a few dates.  Things seemed to be going well.  He had told me he sometimes suffered from depression.  He called me a couple hours before a date and said he'd had a bad day and wasn't up for going out.  I told him I totally understood and to give me a call when he wanted to reschedule.  I even called him about 4 days later and left a perky, positive message.  Basically, that I hoped he was feeling better and wanted to reschedule our date.  Crickets.  Well all righty.  This girl knows how to take a hint.

About two months later, I changed up my dating profile a bit.  He contacted me, referenced some new info I'd put in it, and joked about how "that must have been why I wasn't interested".  WTF?  I reminded him that he was the one who cancelled a date on me and then never called me again.  And I'd even called him back to see how he was, but he never returned that call.  I joked, "Yeah, I'm not going to stalk and keep chasing someone!"  He apologized and said he had felt I wasn't interested in him.  Whatever, dude.  But we actually became friends and hung out sometimes (platonically) for a couple of years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @short+sassy, love that story and glad it (kinda sorta if friends is what you were looking for lol) worked out! I was going to send him a “hope you’re feeling better” text tomorrow maybe? Wonder if I should add the reschedule part… get some feelers out.  Maybe he thought I wasn’t interested because we were silent Monday. What’s the worst that happens? I’m rejected via text.  Again. 

• Options
    Thanks @short+sassy, love that story and glad it (kinda sorta if friends is what you were looking for lol) worked out! I was going to send him a “hope you’re feeling better” text tomorrow maybe? Wonder if I should add the reschedule part… get some feelers out.  Maybe he thought I wasn’t interested because we were silent Monday. What’s the worst that happens? I’m rejected via text.  Again. 
    I'd say do it!  The worst that will happen is he doesn't reply back and it's the same situation you're already in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker