Snarky Brides

Morning!

Re: Morning!

• Oh and yay Jenna!! Happy wedding week to you!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nebb, I should have known better than to open that link.  Now I'm going to be paranoid every time I drop Lucy off for a groom.
  • OHMYGOD, Nebb. That story is horrible. 

Mazdas are cheaper to maintain and repair than Volvo because of all the specialty parts Volvo requires. They may be more expensive than other cars in that class, but still cheaper than the Volvo I want.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re:Morning!:[QUOTE]Nebb, wow.nbsp; I would so pissed and upset if that were my dog. I'm really glad he's going to be okay. Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    I can't believe some of the other reports, ears being cut off by accident and glued back on?! I'd sue the god damn pants off of anyone who did that to my dog. So messed up!
  • FH has been looking on Ebay, maybe I need to just start sending him links of cars I like. 

If we did go with a Mazda we'd consider getting it in Florida where my mother works since she could get us a deal. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nebb...the Debbie Downer of the morning thread. heh heh Nebbie Downer :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:ee3040de-abd7-4485-9e43-3e6d41099a54">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and yay Jenna!! Happy wedding week to you!
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Shay!!

Re: dog grooming: Luckily my dog doesn't need it, buy my cousin brought her pomeranian in once and they really butchered her paw. They cut off almost the entire paw pad, bandaged it up and said "sorry."  My cousin ended up having to take her in to get stitches and whatnot. She complained and the paid for everything, but still. I would be so devastated!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:Morning!:[QUOTE]Nebb...the Debbie Downer of the morning thread. heh heh Nebbie Downer : Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]
    That's probably the best nickname I've heard yet, cause I totally am
  • Nebb did you see that an Australian has started a company to recreate the Titanic? It's maiden voyage is planned for 2016. Link
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:Morning!:[QUOTE]Nebb did you see that an Australian has started a company to recreate the Titanic? It's maiden voyage is planned for 2016.nbsp;Link Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]
    I saw on twitter this morning but the srticle froze my coputer for some reason. I think it sounds like a terrible idea.
  • I'd only go if everyone could dress in period garb. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:b7ac7ee0-417e-4937-bc35-88cdd0f14196">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd only go if everyone could dress in period garb. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

mehgank likes this ^^
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Morning ladies. MIL is here for a few days so ill be entertaining her. Its a busy week. Hope everyone enjoys the nice weather! Nebb- they don't use scissors on Gia because she is short haired.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Nebb, that story is awful!  I am really particular about where I get my dog groomed.  Both DB and Old Man have had lackluster experiences at the chain pet stores.  In fact, Old Man used to become a complete nervous wreck and would howl everytime we brought him.  Now he goes to a nice private grooming facility and actually likes going :)   DB ... as her name implies is a biatch.  I get super frustrated with her and I could only imagine someone else so I try and do it all myself.  Next dog I get will be short haired so I quick hose-off in the summer is all that will be necessary.
  • Morning! I am at home, and my fridge is being delivered right now. So I am glad they came early- now I will be able to run to grab coffee at mcdonalds and maybe a breakfast this morning. Sometime today I will be making a massive grocery list to replace some of the stuff that spoiled, and we are running really low on groceries the way it is.

Jenna- How are you feeling? ready? The week of the wedding is such a weird, exciting time.
  • Good morning, ladies.

DH got a new (to him) truck this weekend.  I think it's just what he was looking for.  Now we're ready for our summer camping trips.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Edie whenever I see a dog named Happy, I think of 7th Heaven.  Then I get the theme song stuck in my head. 
  • Went and lost a bunch of $$ gambling this weekend.  Boo.  But, H won, so we kind of even out.  This week is going to be interesting...the tenant who was living in my condo moves out today, so I'm going over tomorrow after work to see what kind of damage has been done and what we'll need to do/remodel to be able to rent it out for $50 more per month than what we were getting.  Everyone keeps telling me it's really a rental market right now, so hopefully we can get it turned around in time to rent it out on June 1st, June 15th at the latest.  I already know the carpet will probably have to go, painting etc...bleh.  And we're on vacation for basically the last 2 weekends of the month, so it'll be a lot of work this upcoming weekend and next weekend.  Woot.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:d21405fc-5469-4ba4-9508-4b82467230eb">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]DMil, has it been three weeks yet?   Morning all. Monday. Blegh.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    It hasn't, but we got a doppler and found the heartbeat on Friday. Or at least I think we did. I'm pretty dumb about all of this stuff, but I'm pretty sure that if my heart were beating 160 bpm I'd probably be in the hospital for a heart attack, so I'm assuming it's little Rambo. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:ce9c117c-d9ba-4c6b-863e-a639c08c5642">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHOA.  Please tell me you heard more than one?!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    HA, actually we haven't been able to find it and keep it on the little monitor thing for very long because it moves around a ton. The first read we got was 142 then a little bit later it was 160. I'm still telling myself it's heartbeat was elevated from running away from the little wand thingy. I was getting ready to head over to TB to ask if others have experienced changes like that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will admit, I'm a little more nervous now :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    We only take Lucy to get her nails (aka talons) clipped, but holy hell, that is horrible Nebb :(

Edie, I drive a Chevy Malibu.  It's an 09, so it's a hot body style :) It's a comfy size, rides smoothly, gets awesome gas mileage and no complaints from me.  I have a little more than two years left to pay on it, woot.

Happy wedding week, Jenna!

I dunno if this is gross or TMI, but you guys, I've been treating this wart on my knee for I dunno, over a month now, and it really fucking hurts today.  I had this wart in high school and when I went to the doc, he gave me some cream used to treat genital warts instead of freezing it off, since the cream was painless.  It worked until a couple summers ago, when the damn thing came back, wtf.  Anyway I've been using Compound W on it, and it's gotten to the point where it hurts so bad, I'm aware of it 24/7.  My mom told me to check out Mediplast but I can't find it anywhere, so does anyone know where the fluck to get it?  Lol.  I can try a home freezing kit but I'd probably have to wait a week without medicating this thing because it hurts that fucking bad.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:bd917c14-67ff-4437-9461-58cc0880407a">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We only take Lucy to get her nails (aka talons) clipped, but holy hell, that is horrible Nebb :( Edie, I drive a Chevy Malibu.  It's an 09, so it's a hot body style :) It's a comfy size, rides smoothly, gets awesome gas mileage and no complaints from me.  I have a little more than two years left to pay on it, woot. Happy wedding week, Jenna! I dunno if this is gross or TMI, but you guys, I've been treating this wart on my knee for I dunno, over a month now, and it really fucking hurts today.  I had this wart in high school and when I went to the doc, he gave me some cream used to treat genital warts instead of freezing it off, since the cream was painless.  It worked until a couple summers ago, when the damn thing came back, wtf.  Anyway I've been using Compound W on it, and it's gotten to the point where it hurts so bad, I'm aware of it 24/7.  My mom told me to check out Mediplast but I can't find it anywhere, so does anyone know where the fluck to get it?  Lol.  I can try a home freezing kit but I'd probably have to wait a week without medicating this thing because it hurts that fucking bad.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Okay so maybe TMI, but what does the wart look like now?  I just removed one that was on my finger with the Compound W paint on junk and it got to a point where it would hurt and just be uncomfortable.  I stopped using the Compound W for a few days, the wart turned black and then came off.  Is yours at that point yet?  I might stop medicating it for a couple days and see what happens.  I'm no help in finding the other stuff though.

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26b2cb97-2cee-4d07-8465-6da4dac50186Post:dd70cb66-9008-43fb-8729-da42651c70a8">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Okay so maybe TMI, but what does the wart look like now?  I just removed one that was on my finger with the Compound W paint on junk and it got to a point where it would hurt and just be uncomfortable.  I stopped using the Compound W for a few days, the wart turned black and then came off.  Is yours at that point yet?  I might stop medicating it for a couple days and see what happens.  I'm no help in finding the other stuff though.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

It was a pretty big wart, but what I've been doing with it is just medicating it until the top layer falls off, and then I just start over, lol.  But there's all these roots and stuff underneath, and I dunno, maybe I'm wrong but I just have this idea in my head that I have to keep going until I kill the whole thing.  Maybe I won't medicate it tonight and just stop for a while.
    panther
  • AATB- go to the dermatologist.  They have really strong freezing stuff that will take care of it in probably one session.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • AATB, I can tell you an old Native American way to get rid of a wart, but there are rules that you have to follow or it will come back and you'll never be able to get rid of it. It sounds totally ridiculous, but it worked for me. You won't be able to share with anyone how you got rid of it, or where you've sent the wart. The only exception is if you are sharing the method to help remove someone elses. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good morning!  I had a pretty relaxing weekend for the most part so I  wasn't totally dreading Monday.

Our newest boss tends to try and micromanage and I do not do well with that kind of atmosphere.  I'm hoping he backs off a little.
    imageVacation
  • Have you been filing it down every day?  Like with a nail file to get the top layers off so that each day you're medicating undergrowth, not just the top layer?  If not, that's what I'd suggest.  Maybe it's just taking too long for the top layer to fall off naturally so you aren't getting in the wart?  Sorry, to not be much help.  Warts suck.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • AATB- H recently had a couple on his hand, and he was using the OTC freezing compound, but I think they were too deep for it to work. He went into the dr and got them frozen off. Now he enjoys grossing me out with the after-effects/dead skin.
  • I'm not going to the doctor I'm way too cheap, lol.

Shay - I don't have to file it down.  It's DOWN in there.  Like I've worked my way into my knee almost.  I could probably put the tip of my pinky finger inside.  I haven't ever filed it, I've just peeled the outer layer off.

Oh God.  Just typing this is grossing me out :(
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards