Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Coldplay Songs

Hi Ladies!
I am completely obsessed with coldplay and actually my fiance loves them almost as much as me! haha We are even having coldplay songs table names. Anyway my question is what song should I walk down the aisle too? Swallowed by the sea is a good one but I worry about the name and not all of the song is upbeat. We also really love the song yellow, when we saw them in concert it was one of the ones we loved hearing the most. Any advise would be great!

Re: Coldplay Songs

• Options
    So funny, I was coming on here to ask the EXACT same thing. We both love Coldplay and I listened to Swallowed in the Sea this afternoon actually, but some of the first lyrics just arent first dance appropriate. I thought about Yellow or Sparks, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    so since my FI is a coldplay fan .... i am actually walking down the aisle to The Scientist by Coldplay ... but the Vitamin String Quartet version .... more wedding esq but still has the flavor of coldplay 

IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_coldplay-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:dfec9317-e445-4d80-ad14-e6758cd9b596Post:1d5375ff-eb92-4f10-a366-369dee86775c">Re: Coldplay Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]so since my FI is a coldplay fan .... i am actually walking down the aisle to The Scientist by Coldplay ... but the Vitamin String Quartet version .... more wedding esq but still has the flavor of coldplay  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlsfFKpr1og" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlsfFKpr1og</a>
    Posted by carl4252003[/QUOTE]

<div>This is awesome! Thank you so much for the idea! I really wanted the instrumental to walk down to but FI thought it sounded too sad (I mean... I guess it is). But this one sounds more upbeat =) Maybe he'll go for it now?</div>
  • Options
    no prob .... hope it works .... were using all vitamin string quartet versions of songs for the ceremony ... so it has the same feel to it as well as soft flow of music 
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sparks is a beautiful song :)
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_coldplay-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:dfec9317-e445-4d80-ad14-e6758cd9b596Post:91c4f0b0-9523-4ff9-bb94-0f9a11641b24">Re: Coldplay Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]So funny, I was coming on here to ask the EXACT same thing. We both love Coldplay and I listened to Swallowed in the Sea this afternoon actually, but some of the first lyrics just arent first dance appropriate. I thought about Yellow or Sparks, but I'm not sure.
    Posted by puppetonastring

Wow, that is too funny! Please let me know what you choose! :) When is your wedding?
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Coldplay Songs:
    so since my FI is a coldplay fan .... i am actually walking down the aisle to The Scientist by Coldplay ... but the Vitamin String Quartet version .... more wedding esq but still has the flavor of coldplay  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlsfFKpr1og
    Posted by carl4252003

I actually saw something about them on another post. I was all for it but my fiance thought it sounded too fancy for us. But I disagree haha
  • Options
    Till Kingdom Come is a beautiful song. My sister used that in her wedding video a few years ago.  I think Fix You is very nice as well. 
  • Options
    Most of their songs sound beautiful as instrumentals. Yellow and fix you are beautiful. Viva la vida also sounds great! You can listen to the instrumental version on YouTube
  • Options
    Yellow is a gorgeous song to walk down the aisle to!

We are actually using Viva la Vida as our recessional song, done on piano. Look!!!

He's so talented!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey!

So i decided ages ago i'm walking down to a Coldplay song!
    Also LOVE them - my fav band and fiance lofes them too!

Strawberry Swing is a special memory song for us - and so i chose that.

The bridal party will come down first - and then the part at the end - is when i'm going to come down...
    The part where is the says "the sky could be blue, I dont mind, without you its a waste of time".... etc
    I just LOVE it and how he sings how its such a perfect day....

Gosh you getting me so excited!
    When i listen to the song and picture it i get teary -eyed!

Good luck and let us know what you choose!

• Options
    @staceylee0511

This post you resurrected was from nearly 2 year ago, so I'd say OP isn't coming back to share. 

@KnotPorscha  Can we close this?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards