African American Weddings

BLING BLING BABY

Okay ladies where did ya'll purchase the stones for your cake toppers, shoes, and what ever else you needed blinged out? Did you use Swarovski crystals or go with something else?  If you went with something different how did it come out?  Pictures would be greatly appreciated.  Eddy just mailed my cake top and I want to be ready when it gets here.  Also did you paint your cake top before puttin on the stones if so what color? One last thing how many did it take to bling out your cake top or shoes.  My cake top is 5 inches.  TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: BLING BLING BABY

• edited December 2011
    Here's my topper:

I used:

(and I used a silver sharpie to "paint" my letter) I'll email you the link to the YouTube instructional vid I did. 

It took me about 3 days (15 or so hours) but I blinged mine on both sides and on the edges.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used 12ss and 16ss swarovski crystals from this website [clicky]You'll need about 4 gross to cover your topper. Mine was the same size.I spray painted the letter silver first. 
    Spray painted

with crystals

other cake bling to go around tiers
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered my bling from the same vendor as Soon2BSands(thanks for the referral) They are here in Orlando so I got it really quick. I painted my letter blue on both sides using acrylic paint from Michaels and will start blinging it out this weekend.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't use Swarovski crystals, I got some of those like rhinestones from Michaels and blinged it out. I did both sides and it took me about 2 days off and on. I spray painted mine silver first and then used some of that E6000 glue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I spray painted my topper silver before I blinged it out.

I also spray painted the letters for my cardbox before I blinged them out too.
    Topper took 2 days to do

To bling out both took about 1400 of both colors, I still have some left but I will be blinging out something else for sure. 
    Letters took 4 days to do.

I ordered my crystals (flatback rhinestones) on ebay (buy it now) came to $12 and there was free shipping.  The spray paint I bought from Hobby Lobby for $2 with a coupon.

I also put the letters I DO on the bottom of my red shoes in turquoise.  The picture of those is in the link below first row.
    The shoes took a half hour to do.
    www.mikelphotos.com/jolene-walter-wedding-at-caesars-palace
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bling-bling-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1cfc4758-7006-4342-905a-252a99073661Post:76a4b239-2b48-43b2-a38b-ad764f62555f">Re: BLING BLING BABY</a>:
    [QUOTE]I spray painted my topper silver before I blinged it out. I also spray painted the letters for my cardbox before I blinged them out too. Topper took 2 days to do To bling out both took about 1400 of both colors, I still have some left but I will be blinging out something else for sure.  Letters took 4 days to do. <strong>I ordered my crystals (flatback rhinestones) on ebay (buy it now) came to $12 and there was free shipping. </strong> The spray paint I bought from Hobby Lobby for $2 with a coupon. I also put the letters I DO on the bottom of my red shoes in turquoise.  The picture of those is in the link below first row. The shoes took a half hour to do. <a href="http://www.mikelphotos.com/jolene-walter-wedding-at-caesars-palace" rel='nofollow'>www.mikelphotos.com/jolene-walter-wedding-at-caesars-palace</a>
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

Can you please look up who the seller was so I can go today and purchase mine???  TIA!!!!!!!!!
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bling-bling-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:1cfc4758-7006-4342-905a-252a99073661Post:8c2db78e-38d3-447f-bbbb-782f6bfa04ff">Re: BLING BLING BABY</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLING BLING BABY : Can you please look up who the seller was so I can go today and purchase mine???  TIA!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by djscat[/QUOTE]

Here is their name.

Rhinestone Shoppe/ Island Girl
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bling-bling-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1cfc4758-7006-4342-905a-252a99073661Post:76a4b239-2b48-43b2-a38b-ad764f62555f">Re: BLING BLING BABY</a>:
    [QUOTE]I spray painted my topper silver before I blinged it out. I also spray painted the letters for my cardbox before I blinged them out too. Topper took 2 days to do To bling out both took about 1400 of both colors, I still have some left but I will be blinging out something else for sure.  Letters took 4 days to do. I ordered my crystals (flatback rhinestones) on ebay (buy it now) came to $12 and there was free shipping.  The spray paint I bought from Hobby Lobby for $2 with a coupon. I also put the letters I DO on the bottom of my red shoes in turquoise.  The picture of those is in the link below first row. The shoes took a half hour to do. <a href="http://www.mikelphotos.com/jolene-walter-wedding-at-caesars-palace" rel='nofollow'>www.mikelphotos.com/jolene-walter-wedding-at-caesars-palace</a>

<font color="#FF0000"> @wallacje:  I ove this topper. I might order this one.. question.. does  his name go first or mine? I ordered a stamp for our wishing tree and put my name first.. should it be the other way?

Also where did you order your topper from? The Crafty Eddy?</font>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bling-bling-baby?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1cfc4758-7006-4342-905a-252a99073661Post:18b0d64e-6171-4d3e-b3ed-4adef2d66780">Re: BLING BLING BABY</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLING BLING BABY :  @wallacje:  I ove this topper. I might order this one.. question.. does  his name go first or mine? I ordered a stamp for our wishing tree and put my name first.. should it be the other way? Also where did you order your topper from? The Crafty Eddy?
    Posted by Ksk2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Depends on how you feel about etiquette...Gabriel and LaTasha sounds better than LaTasha and Gabriel so I said to hell with the rules. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I spray painted my topper silver before I blinged it out. I also spray painted the letters for my cardbox before I blinged them out too. Topper took 2 days to do To bling out both took about 1400 of both colors, I still have some left but I will be blinging out something else for sure.  Letters took 4 days to do. I ordered my crystals (flatback rhinestones) on ebay (buy it now) came to $12 and there was free shipping.  The spray paint I bought from Hobby Lobby for $2 with a coupon. I also put the letters I DO on the bottom of my red shoes in turquoise.  The picture of those is in the link below first row. The shoes took a half hour to do. <a href="http://www.mikelphotos.com/jolene-walter-wedding-at-caesars-palace" rel='nofollow'>www.mikelphotos.com/jolene-walter-wedding-at-caesars-palace</a>

Love that cake topper!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards