Connecticut

CT Barn Venues Comments?

We are getting married Fall of 2013 and are looking into Tyrone Farms, Barns @ Wesleyan, and possibly non barn venues Woodwinds & Stonington Meadows. Our budget is around $25,000, does anyone have any suggestions or experiences with any of the above venues? Thanks :)

Re: CT Barn Venues Comments?

• I am getting married at Farmington Gardens in Farmington this coming July and it has a very rustic appearance. Definitely worth checking out IMO.
    John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. I absolutely love it. I think the space is amazing and really doesn't need a ton of decor to make it look romantic and gorgeous. We are going for a classic, rustic elegance. We also just went for the tasting and the food was great!

Price-wise, the Barn rents for $4,000 and the seated dinner is $100/pp. I think you could make it work for $25,000. We are probably going to come out at about $35,000-40,000 but we could (and should have) definitely scaled back a bit on our vendors and little things that have added up.

Good luck!
  • I am getting married at Woodwinds in June.  I wish I could speak for the price, but we booked in Dec. 2010 and because the 2011 menu wasn't out yet we got pricing for 2010 even though our wedding wasn't until 2012.  At that time, we got the 2nd highest dinner package at $104/person.  It was the one and only venue we checked out though.
  • Thanks! Hmm yeah I just would love to have a venue that has everything or close to everything included in pricing and that they are upfront on what they include or dont. I like Woodwinds im just scared because I heard they can book two venues for the same night!
  • The thing with Woodwinds is that they can have 4 weddings in one day.  They can have 2 in the morning and 2 at night.  They do scatter them by at least an hour though so cocktail hour will not overlap.  That was one of my concerns as well so I asked about it.  Other than that, you have your own bar, bridal suite, cocktail hour location (each side of the building).  I've read reviews and heard from people that had been to weddings there that you don't even realize there's another wedding going on.  I, myself, haven't been to a wedding there so I can't vouch for that, but I have a few neighbors that were there recently.

I've had great experiences with them so far and they have always been so quick to respond to any questions I have.  I originally met with and booked with JoAnna but then she was on maternity leave so I had been contacting Sarah.  I'm sure JoAnna is back, but Sarah was so responsive so I continued contacting her.
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ct-barn-venues-comments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c6385fc3-a7f6-4c60-a695-f5be9471a040Post:c0e1d015-a8cb-497e-8622-c2ab756ac08c">Re: CT Barn Venues Comments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. I absolutely love it. I think the space is amazing and really doesn't need a ton of decor to make it look romantic and gorgeous. We are going for a classic, rustic elegance. We also just went for the tasting and the food was great! Price-wise, the Barn rents for $4,000 and the seated dinner is $100/pp. I think you could make it work for $25,000. We are probably going to come out at about $35,000-40,000 but we could (and should have) definitely scaled back a bit on our vendors and little things that have added up. Good luck!
    Posted by whitneyf1[/QUOTE]

I am also a Barns at Wesleyan Hills Bride! I also agree with Whitney--Its gorgous and unique! The prices have gone up. We got engaged in November and went looking right away for 2013. We went with April  5, 2013 as they plate prices were cheaper, as well as the rental fee (it was the same for sit down or buffet) Our budget is $25,000 and are able to do it because the time of year we are getting married, I am also doing DIY stuff. There are ways to save with vendors and you do not have to follow there preferred vendors list. (we were quoted way higher from their top preferred dj and wound up going with the board fave DJae Melee who was way cheaper, AWESOME, and we have up lighting included) Since FI and I have booked, the rental fee for Barns is now $5,000 and the plates are over $100. HTH, and good luck, you have some great choices to work with from your list!
    Christine
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • CSam1983, I sent you a PM about Farmington Gardens. 
  • edited January 2012
    Just sent you one back SB1512!
    John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married at the Webb Barn in Wethersfield. It rents for $2,500 to $3,500 depending on what date you choose. You get to select a caterer and there (currently) is no required vendor list. The Barn holds up to 125 people, but we will be around 100. The grounds include a colorful garden and huge tree to get married under if you choose. We chose Emily's Catering Group for about $115 a head, which includes everything... Even mason jar glasses!! You could definitely go cheaper though. That is the nice thing about having the ability to choose your vendors. The setting is naturally beautiful for decorations can be minimal if you choose. The Webb Barn can definitely be within your budget. We are at about the same! We looked into the Barns at Wesleyan Hills, but they have a 125 person minimum.
  • I used Webb Barn in Wethersfield
    Krause catering
    In tents party rental (the webb barn coordinator recommended)
    H-G entertainment for DJ & Perfect Princess events for flowers (these 2 were my fave vendors evah!)
  • Some other ideas...Maneeley's in South Windsor has a new Lodge.  It's not really a barn, but it is rustic and has exposed beams and all wood walls.  Very reasonable. Wood Acres in Wolcott.  You must use their approved caterers, but they include a horse and carriage package.  Crandall Lodge in Tolland.  100 or less, but has a nice wrap around porch and is very reasonable.  All the other venues already mentioned are very good.  
  • I just recently got engaged, and found this so helpful.  My fiance is from Vermont & we would love a barn/coutry wedding but are having trouble sticking to a $27,000 budget.  I scheduled an appointment with Pavilion on Crystal lake in Middletown, its an old Tobacco barn.  Rustic inside. I also am going ot see Stonington meadows, more vintage than rustic. There isnt much in CT that catches my eye and is within budget. Anyone getting married at a Vineyard?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards