We're leaving in about 10 days for SIL's wedding. There are a couple of things I'm having a hard time deciding about and want opinions:
1. There will be 2 wedding events. I am taking one sari from here and MIL has another one for me there. Should I take back-ups and if so how many?
2. I am taking everyday sandals plus shoes for the events. I am also taking hiking boots because DH and I are planning to visit Ellora and Ajanta. I know I won't wear closed shoes at any other time because of the weather. However, it is 47 degrees and pouring rain here and we are flying through Frankfurt. Would you wear the hiking boots on that long of a flight or take another pair of shoes you wouldn't use and would have to carry around? Also, the hiking boots are heavier and bigger than any of the sandals (thus adding to the luggage).
3. SIL has forced us out of our room (she and her delicate FI need ventilation and a western toilet, and DH somehow thinks I do not), so we will be sharing a bathroom with ILs and everyone else. My ILs are pretty conservative so DH told me I need to wear a robe over my pyjamas. Any suggestions that would be less horrible in 100 degree weather?
4. DH doesn't like silwar kameez or any suits. He thinks if we go to a dinner in a nice hotel in Rajasthan it's fine for me to wear jeans. Is this true?
5. I'm planning on buying bangles in India. I have some kundun ones from the wedding and I want to buy different colors to go with them. Is there any rule of thumb for how many you wear at once?