Wedding Reception Forum

Custom place card tags to put around beer bottles for wedding reception?

I am trying to find a way to use luggage tags to tie around our wedding beer that we are having made as a favor. We want our guests to grab a bottle along with their place cards. Here is a pic of what I mean:  http://junebugweddings.com/wedding-photo-gallery/gallery-single.aspx?tags=decor&ID=445&pageindex=0#

Any ideas? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Custom place card tags to put around beer bottles for wedding reception?

• What is wrong with the idea in the picture? It looks fine to me!
  • That's fine if your wedding is very casual but drinking out of the bottle would be quite out of place at anything more formal
  • I don't think it's to drink at the wedding.  I could be wrong, but I imagine that beer will be warm and meant to take home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • edited August 2012
    No these are for wedding favors! Our reception venue would never allow people to pop open bottles at our reception. As well as, our wedding is not casual- we are just a couple who loves to brew beer. We are having a local brewery brew our own wedding beer to give out as favors. We are also using the beer as our toast, which will be poured in glasses we are having made for everyone to take home with them, along with a bottle of the beer we are having made.
    :)
    I want to do exactly whats in that picture- I just dont know how to do it- I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where I could go or if they have seen an etsy shop that can do this specificly? Especially the printing the names of the guests so its more personalized.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had thought about doing that with mini wine bottles, but even if they are intended to be favors taken home, you run the risk of people opening them and drinking them at some point during the night. You should ask your venue if they'd even allow you to put out the beer as place cards, meaning early on in the evening. If you put them out at the end to be taken home then people are going to be less inclined to drink. I know my venue doesn't allow outside food or beverages so my original thought of using mini wine bottles is out. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Easy (but a little time consuming possibly) way to make custom placecards. Go into Microsoft office & figure out the right size and font of the names you want to do and space them names out (with help of tab key) so that they are spaces out evenly on the sheet. Get some fun paper from the draft store that will go with your theme/colors & print name tags on those. Cut down to size & then to add a finished look get yourself a corner cutter from the scrap booking section of the craft store & you can cut the corners to whatever style you pick out. A simple hole punch to put the string/ribbon through will work just fine.

Sounds like a great favor idea & those who know you well will understand the meaning of the beer & love the thought & work you put into. Also as a beer drinker myself, if I got this as a favor, I wouldn't even think of drinking it until another day since it would be warm so you probably don't have to worry about people opening & drinking them at the reception (unless you run out of beer at the bar....lol)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_custom-place-card-tags-to-put-around-beer-bottles-for-wedding-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:305f1319-8b17-4915-a5d2-f84175d050c3Post:263eba3d-1c0c-4b14-8a6f-9b9035d7a4e2">Re: Custom place card tags to put around beer bottles for wedding reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Easy (but a little time consuming possibly) way to make custom placecards. Go into Microsoft office & figure out the right size and font of the names you want to do and space them names out (with help of tab key) so that they are spaces out evenly on the sheet. Get some fun paper from the draft store that will go with your theme/colors & print name tags on those. Cut down to size & then to add a finished look get yourself a corner cutter from the scrap booking section of the craft store & you can cut the corners to whatever style you pick out. A simple hole punch to put the string/ribbon through will work just fine. Sounds like a great favor idea & those who know you well will understand the meaning of the beer & love the thought & work you put into. Also as a beer drinker myself, if I got this as a favor, I wouldn't even think of drinking it until another day since it would be warm so you probably don't have to worry about people opening & drinking them at the reception (unless you run out of beer at the bar....lol)
    Posted by Erikan73[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>OH this was very helpful! Thank you!:) I am not the crafty type so I didnt even know where to start. When bought an extra hour of bar- so hopefully that will keep everyone satisfied. I need to think of a cute poem or something to display so people know to take the glasses and the bottles home for them to enjoy at another time. Any suggestions?

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards