September 2012 Weddings

Poll: Where are you honeymooning in Sept??

Hi Sept 2012 brides!  I'm 9/21/13 and have starting dipping my feet into the honeymoon pool.

Where are you HMing at?  I know Sept can be tricky!

......aaaaaaaaand GO!

TIA

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Poll: Where are you honeymooning in Sept??

• We're going on a Mediterranean Cruise.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Italy!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • We are going to Barbados.  (Picked that island, because its outside the hurricane belt.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hawaii!!!  We are spending 5 nights in Maui and 5 nights in Kaui
    September 2012: Invitations

• PuntaCana, it is in the "hurricane zone" but we got insurance on our trip just incase.
  • We're not beach people, and while we love Europe & LatAm, we couldn't plan an international flight with FI's unknown military start date looming, so Southwest airlines and their glorious policy of transferring funds to another flight without penalty made the most sense.

We're going to fly into Portland and out of Seattle, doing a little road trip in between to taste beer, wine, eat at good restaurants, hike, go hot air ballooning, horseback riding, and staying at cute little B&Bs.

Anniversary

• We are going to Trinidad and Tobago.  We also chose because it's outside the hurricane belt, but wanted tropical.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Maui + Honolulu
  • We're waiting until mid-October but we're going to Belgium and the Netherlands. FH doesn't swim and we figured this was one of the few times in our lives we could justify a big trip. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Saint Lucia
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Caribbean cruise..........I know........hurricane season........we are keeping our fingers crossed. :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_poll-where-are-you-honeymooning-in-sept?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:4bd7d1cd-90da-4672-b9f9-c46309e68917Post:8c292e4d-596a-44d7-b2c1-88fb3e38d16f">Re: Poll: Where are you honeymooning in Sept??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're not beach people, and while we love Europe & LatAm, we couldn't plan an international flight with FI's unknown military start date looming, so Southwest airlines and their glorious policy of transferring funds to another flight without penalty made the most sense. We're going to fly into Portland and out of Seattle, doing a little road trip in between to taste beer, wine, eat at good restaurants, hike, go hot air ballooning, horseback riding, and staying at cute little B&Bs.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Oooh, that sounds fun (and adorable)!!! I love B&Bs. We're going to Antigua. We also got the trip insurance, but it's far enough that it's pretty uncommon for anything to hit there (I believe). :)
    Anniversary
  • Cancun. Got trip insurance in case Mother Nature decides to honeymoon with us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Greece! Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, & Santorini!
    Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
  • We're going to Riviera Maya. Yes, it's hurricane season, but those are always so hit and miss. We did purchase full insurance so we can cancel for ANY reason (including if we simply change our minds) right up until we check in for our flights. If we're there (bc we're gone for a week) and something hits, we're covered as well. I think you're good wherever you go as long as you get insurance.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_poll-where-are-you-honeymooning-in-sept?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:4bd7d1cd-90da-4672-b9f9-c46309e68917Post:a18da4c3-0bf3-4a50-be8b-2c562ed67a44">Re: Poll: Where are you honeymooning in Sept??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Caribbean cruise..........I know........hurricane season........we are keeping our fingers crossed. :)
    Posted by dawnie204[/QUOTE]
    Us too.... been crusing may years during hurricane season with nary a problem.  The benefit of crusing is that the boat can skip a port and meander in the ocean (which is fine by me).<div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_poll-where-are-you-honeymooning-in-sept?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:4bd7d1cd-90da-4672-b9f9-c46309e68917Post:c9fb1148-7807-4979-9b44-04653d6f956a">Re: Poll: Where are you honeymooning in Sept??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Greece! Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, & Santorini!
    Posted by cpasquale[/QUOTE]

Awww thats the honeymoon of my dreams !! CAn I carry your bags lol
    Future Mrs.Ford Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to PuntaCana....I travel often in hurricane season. I have never had a problem. Im gonna just pray and go !! I know we will have a wonderful time rain or shine !!
    Future Mrs.Ford Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing Munich, Vienna, Prague, and Bratislava. It's our HUGE trip for the next few years, and I've never been to Europe so I'm SO stoked to get to see a little bit of 4 countries. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!

122image 110image 12image
  • Thanks ladies!

I wish I was going THIS Sept!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Eastern Carribean Cruise...again bought insurance and keeping our fingers crossed!
  • We are going to an all-inclusive resort in Aruba which is supposed to be outside of the hurricane belt range. I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going on a Caribbean cruise. I am looking forward to St. John the most!
    We have trip insurance just in case.
    Anniversary
  • I wouldn't stress about hurricane season if the Caribbean is where you want to go - I lived in Miami for 3 years, prime hurricane target zone, and didn't have a single hurricane in all those years.  Maybe 5-6 days of bad tropical storms tops.  The downside to that time of year is afternoon rain most days in that region, which can be a blessing as it cools things off.  The worst part is the heat & humidity - I wouldn't pay money to go to Mexico in September!  That's like spending my vacation time inside a sauna.  Like I said, I don't like the beach, I don't like sweating when sitting still, so that's just not my scene.  But if you want a tan *cough sunburn cough* then that's definitely a good time & place to go!

Anniversary

• Williamsburg, Washington D.C, Jamestown, various other places around there.
  • Montego Bay Jamaica!!! Ya Mon!!!

(with trip insurance just incase)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards