Honeymoon Discussions

El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya

I've been reading a lot about this resort online but want some knottie input. Has anyone stayed here in one of the regular rooms? How were they? Was the beach good for snorkeling? Overall opinion? Thanks!
Photobucket

Re: El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya

• We are thinking of going to El Dorado Maroma for our HM - nearby the Royale, but much smaller. You should check it out. Both came highly recommended by our TA.
  • We had our wedding at El Dorado Royale and we absolutley loved it and so did all 30 of our guests. We had a casita and the rooms were so cool with outdoor showers. Our guests had all different types of rooms so even the basic room is nice, but the casitas were over the top and have a hacienda type theme to them. Our entire group booked with Nancy from Myislandgetaways.com and we received some great extra perks and she was a huge help selecting our rooms.GL
  • CKen11CKen11 member
    First Comment
    El Dorado is amazing - I actually think they are one of the best all-inclusives. I loved that it was adults-only so not noisy kids around! The 'regular' rooms are junior suites and are pretty big plus they have a jacuzzi.
  • Wondering how the beach is here?  Some of the reviews on TA mentioned it wasn't the greatest.  Rocky/ sand-bags / not crystal blue, etc.  This hotel was one of our top contenders until I read that ... please let me know your thoughts!  

• I actually just booked my honeymoon there and I cannot wait!! El Dorado Royale was highly reccommended by my TA (and also my neighbor). She said they are well known for their food and also that if you like walking a lot, this place is huge!

Just from reading the reviews, it really is all about how you present yourself to the wait staff. Around page 8 or 9 of the reviews, some people have posted pictures of the sand bags. They are there to protect the beach.

As for the food, cuisine food usually means quality vs. quantity. Some were saying portions were small, but cuisine food is usually smaller portions but tastes really good. One thing good about it being all inclusive you can just ask for more food.
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• My nieghbor was married at EDR a year ago and are there now for vacation.  They loved the resort and the food.  I had heard the beach is lacking and not much of a beach... that is why we didn't stay there.  We chose Secrets Maroma Beach as it was perfect for us and we loved it! Check out El Dorado Seaside Suites and El Dorado Maroma.  Those were given better reviews than the El Dorado Royale in terms of beach.  If you are looking for a great beach the review on Maroma Beach don't do it justice... it was by far the prettiest beach I've ever seen.
    jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
    married bio with vendor reviews
    planning bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards