October 2012 Weddings
Options

what's your last dance song?

I'm still deciding.....need suggestions....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: what's your last dance song?

• Options
    reagane02reagane02 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Buble -- :)
    October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • Options
    I can't make up my mind on this either!  I was thinking of "One More Time" by Daft Punk.  My friend did "Stay" by Dave Matthews and that song is really long and appropriate so it ended up with everyone on the dance floor dancing around, it was so great.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_whats-your-last-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:eb9c4f32-0f68-4220-8c7b-b00f81993e90Post:c005c37a-9a8e-434b-b083-632dc30fefc1">Re: what's your last dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't make up my mind on this either!  I was thinking of "One More Time" by Daft Punk.  My friend did "<strong>Stay" by Dave Matthews</strong> and that song is really long and appropriate so it ended up with everyone on the dance floor dancing around, it was so great.
    Posted by ljsquintz[/QUOTE]

So now I totally have this song in my head!!! LOL
  • Options
    Jimmy Buffet, A Little Love and Luck (hence my pic).  Its a family tradition where the bride and groom dance in the middle with everyone around them, the parents normally join them 1/2 way through.  Its a lot of fun and a nice way to end the night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still not sure. I was thinking "Save the last dance for me" by Michael Buble or "At Last" by Etta James.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ours is We are Young by Fun
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My wicked sense of humor wants to play Why don't we get drunk by Jimmy Buffett, but I am pretty sure my mother would disown me.

Other favorites We owned the night by Lady Antebellum and I could not ask for more by Edwin McCain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm thinking One Republic "Good Life".  This has been the song since it came out.
  • Options
    We are going to do No Woman No Cry, Bob Marley.  I feel like it's a good sing-a-long to end with.  Although I lke rlr02's suggestion of Jimmy Buffett - haha!
  • Options
    lehc723lehc723 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    We're going with "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green. Our second-to-last jump-around-and-be-crazy song is "All My Friends" by LCD Soundsystem.

I was at a wedding this weekend where the last dance song was "Closing Time" by Semisonic, which was fun. Everyone got in a big circle and sang along.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm thinking we're using Dream A Little Dream, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. It's got some significance for us.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Our DJ does a last song and also an encore song.  The last song, he suggests doing something slow, then for the encore, something more up beat.  I think for the last song, we are going to do "Then" by Brad Paisley and for the encore song, we are thinking "Don't stop the party" by Black Eyed Peas.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I really want to do Rufus Wainwright's "Goodnight, Sweetheart", but I think FI would kill me.  While I love Rufus to death, he would argue that it isn't really "dance" friendly. I think he's probably right.

I also really like Dan Auerbach's "Goin' Home".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to Re:what's your last dance song?:[QUOTE]Our DJ does a last song and also an encore song. nbsp;The last song, he suggests doing something slow, then for the encore, something more up beat. nbsp;I think for the last song, we are going to do quot;Thenquot; by Brad Paisley and for the encore song, we are thinking quot;Don't stop the partyquot; by Black Eyed Peas. Posted by ystaalenburg[/QUOTE]

Then is our first dance song, one of the few requests FI has made!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    At FI's request, we're using "Piano Man" by Bille Joel
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • Options
    WE are using The Piano guys version of Paradise (called Peponi)

http://youtu.be/Cgovv8jWETM
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought about it! we kind of just wanted to sneak away quickly.
  • Options
    I love the idea of the last song then an encore! I may ask our DJ to do this.
    115 Invited image
    73 Accepted image
    37 Declined image
    5 Are MIA image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are using Semisonic's closing time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am doing Bear Down Chicago Bears...I feel like every wedding I have been too in the city/surrounding area have all done the song of their favorite sports team? Maybe I just have sports crazed friends/family?  I now want to do something fun/romantic! Maybe I'll ask if we can do last song/encore.  Mine/FI's 'song' is Don't Stop Believin' hahah we thought it'd be too embarrassing to do our first dance to it, so maybe it can be our last with bear down after that!
  • Options
    I don't know if it's going to be 2nd to last or last but somewhere in there we're doing "Glad you Came" by Wanted.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ummmm Last Dance by Donna Summer :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    We are doing "Save the Last Dance for Me" by Michael Buble!
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_whats-your-last-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:eb9c4f32-0f68-4220-8c7b-b00f81993e90Post:0062acef-3b03-4e57-ad2b-7152c91e4e20">Re: what's your last dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if it's going to be 2nd to last or last but somewhere in there we're doing "Glad you Came" by Wanted.
    Posted by CFM102012[/QUOTE]

this is totally what we are thinking too!!! i love it i feel like its the perfect end of the night song and kind of like a thanks for coming too!!
  • Options
    I want to use "Free" by Zac Brown Band or "We Could Fall In Love Tonight" by David Gray.

I love the idea of the of a faster-paced "encore" song! Will have to ask the DJ if they do that.
  • Options
    We chose "Making Memories Of Us" by Keith Urban. (one of our favorites!)
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_whats-your-last-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:eb9c4f32-0f68-4220-8c7b-b00f81993e90Post:d6f4771d-08af-489c-b8a4-d0921932d485">Re: what's your last dance song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to use "Free" by Zac Brown Band or "We Could Fall In Love Tonight" by David Gray. 
    Posted by tracey525[/QUOTE]

<div>My FI and I are huge David Gray fans. I'd love to steal you suggestion, but "Be Mine" is our first dance, so I feel like it would be overkill.  </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our last slow dance is "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" -Elvis

For our last fast dance want "Last Dance" -Donna Summer, but the head of the band recommended that we have a song that people can sing along to at the very end, so the plan is to start with "Last Dance" (a lot of people know it, but it isn't a song that every one can sing every word to) and then to go directly into "Don't Stop Believin'" -Journey and then directly into the chorus to "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" -Marvin Gaye.  So its going to be a medley of those songs.

I'm pretty happy with that :-)
  • Options

We're doing "Home Sweet Home" - Motley Crue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    We're doing "Never Let Go" by Tom Waits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards