Wedding Woes

My Fiance's family is complicated.. and Im now loosing sleep. Thanks future grandma in law

OK.. So I'm going nuts. Get this. My fiance's grandma and her sister married his grandpa and his brother. So their family is all intertwined. When I first started dating him it was confusing hes got so many second cousins and and what not its crazy. Well now were planning our wedding, that we have to pay for all by ourselves. We've had help here and there with some things but the majority of it is coming from us. So anyways. We can only afford to feed 150 people. & So I only intived his first cousins and all the older folds on his side and the same on mine and then very few of our close friends. Well his grandma decides that since were not inviting all his 2nd and 3rd cousins that she'll host a big shower for me and invite all of them as her way of "including" them in our wedding. I couldnt really stop her so I went. And it was horrible. Some of the people that were invited were telling me how they recieved their invitations and they were excited! And the people that werent invited were all upset. I felt like they all think Im this greedy B*! I love all of his family but we really can not afford anymore people to have a wedding that is somewhat of what we want. We've already had to skimp on so much we just cant afford anymore. What should I do? Im stressing big time over it & loosing sleep trying to think of extra ways for me to make money and with everything Ive got going on I cant afford another job to pay for the extra plates.

Re: My Fiance's family is complicated.. and Im now loosing sleep. Thanks future grandma in law

• At the end of the day, you'll be married.  Isn't that the point? Isn't it ALLLL that matters?  Inevitably, someone, at some point is going to be unhappy.  Why should it be you?  Plan YOUR day, invite who YOU want/can afford.  Everyone else is just jealous because they want to be a part of your day.   It's their problem, not yours.
  • this was HER mistake, not yours. you made a mistake going though. if you were uncomfortable about the situation, you should have said something. but now the damage is done and you need to move on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards