Wisconsin
Options

Lake Geneva Area Venues

My fiance and I are from Chicago but have chosen to get married in the Lake Geneva area.  I would like to hear any input that anyone has on the venues there.  Please put ANYTHING, good and bad!  Even little details will help our decision.

We would like our ceremony and reception at the same venue, and preferably have the ceremony outside.  We are expecting 300-350 guests.

We have already seen:
-Grand Geneva - looooooved it but all of the costs add up, a little too expensive
-The Lodge at Geneva Ridge - even though it was renovated, not really our style

We are going to see:
-Geneva National
-Hawks View Golf Course
-Lake Lawn Lodge
-The Abbey
-Veteran's Terrace in Burlington

PLEASE give input on any of these venues and also suggest other sites.  Thank you!

Re: Lake Geneva Area Venues

• Options
    gglggglg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I looked at a few of these venues, here is what I remember...

Grand Geneva - AMAZING!

Geneva National = Seemed really nice.  Check the capacity, it looked smaller than other halls I looked at.  The venue is gated (we had to check in with a guard at a gate when we were driving into the venue.  He asked who we were and why we were there before he lifted the gate and allowed us access).

Hawks View = Great covered porch area off of the hall.  Check to see what time the bar closes to the public/golfers VS what time your reception will start.  If I remember correctly the hall has a high ceiling with what looks like old wood beams.

The Abbey = BIG ballroom with some great windows but I thought the hallways to get to the ballroom had low ceilings and needed renovating.

Veterans Terrace in Burlington = Burlington is Approx. 20 min. north of Lake Geneva and doesn't have many hotel options (this might be an issue for your guests coming from Chicago).  The venue is impressive looking but I was told that you have to rent EVERYTHING (tables, chairs, cups, plates etc) and that you are required to use their preferred vendors.

I hope this helps, finding a venue was a huge headache for me.

Have you looked at The Riviera Ballroom in Lake Geneva?  I loved that venue but I'm not sure if the capacity is enough for you.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Our wedding is at the Lake Lawn in September; everything has been great so far. I really wanted the ceremony & reception at one location as well and I felt much better about having an outdoor ceremony because they have a back up site that is very pretty. I have heard the food is great and their largest ballroom is very newly renovated. It's definitely worth checking out, good luck!

• Options
    MayersLadyMayersLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend George Williams College~!  It's a gorgeous location and they have some great rooms to use.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the input!  Please tell me more about George Williams College.  There isn't much information available online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards