Wedding Etiquette Forum

beatles father/daughter?

Can anone think of a beatles father daughter song?
I really have no idea of any beatles songs.. but I know my dad would love it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: beatles father/daughter?

• "In my life" is my top choice right now for our Father/Daughter dance.  It's such a sweet song.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Same as NQB. Even if I wasn't looking for a Beatles song, that would be a front runner.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • That's kind of a tough one.  I like NQB's choice.  Here are some others, keeping in mind that I'm not sure what kind of a "feel" you're going for:

All You Need is Love, Ain't She Sweet (haven't heard this one but the lyrics are cute), I'm Happy Just to Dance With You, I've Got a Feeling (the lyrics are really ambiguous and strange so if you're going for the psychadelic Beatles era, this is a good one).

Most of the sweet romantic-type songs are pretty obviously meant as a love relationship, but I also like I've Just Seen a Face.

Finally, John Lennon's version of Stand By Me is great.  HTH!
  • Thanks nqb, great song. think it might make my dad cry..
  • john lennon does a stand by me? that would be great too!
  • before I just read the lyrics to in my life but now I just youtubed it.. and literally teard up.
  • In My Life would definitely be my first choice, and I've seen it beautifully done at other weddings. "Ain't She Sweet" has an old-school rock and roll beat that's very quick, so it might be hard to dance to that one.

My H and his mom danced to the "naked" version of "Across the Universe" and it was really sweet. Imagine is a nice choice too, though maybe a bit mellow for your dance.

This is a lovely thing to do for your dad. I'm sure whatever you pick he will love. :)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Mine would have been Michelle, but that doesn't really work for you. 
  • kk, here's a link to "Ain't She Sweet": http://tinyurl.com/yzw7tbw

Now that I think of it, it might be kind of cute as an upbeat song. :)

Also, if he doesn't mind one of their "new" songs, I think "Real Love" might be nice as a father/daughter dance. It's on their Anthology 2.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • thanks beatles:)... He loves allll beatles. I'm goinf to check out your suggestions now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards