Military Brides
Options

I almost forgot what day it was....

Until I saw all the missing posts. Then I laughed to myself and thought... "Ahaha...It's Thursday'

What is everyone up to?? It has been so dead around here!!

I tried to get my Mil Dependant ID yesterday... Holy Cow... It requires more documentation than anything I have ever had to get...  SS Card, Birth certificate, DL, marriage license, AND having H there!? (Or the POA)  It is fine, but I was a little shocked that I needed so much STUFF.  Especially once the guy in H's command told him all I needed was 2 forms of ID and the marriage license...riiiightt...

Photobucket

Re: I almost forgot what day it was....

• Options
    Dude, you know you should have asked here instead of expecting the guys to know.  If there is one thing you learn from this group is that the wives always have more info than the guys.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Should have!!  Hindsight is 20/20!

I think H was more annoyed than I was, he was busy at work and was required to get all this done before he gets his leave approved. And the guy (who's job it is to know), told him the wrong information....again.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm on vacation now! Woo hoo! Ready to get married!
  • Options
    YAY! How exciting!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    hmmm all I needed was our Marriage Cert and my Passport. I brought pretty much an entire safe worth of important docs though. I was kinda bummed they didn't ask for my birth certificate since it was a hassle get mine.

I have officially lost my SSN card so I have to get a replacement which makes me want to pluck my eyes out.
    I want the COOOOOKIE!
    Credit to Awkward Family Pet Photos
    http://tiny.cc/kpfcdw
  • Options
    Yeaaaa Zims!  

I visited H last weekend, which was absolutely wonderful. I also started working full time this week (but only for the next few weeks til we move) so I'm kind of behind on life right now.  We have nothing done for our move and it's stressing me out.  Plus I have to find a job.  Gahhhhh!  But at least I get to live with him =)  Today I went to the place called Melt that has all these ridiculous grilled cheese sandwiches with a good friend from high school and now I'm being lazy because I'm stuffed. 
  • Options
    Yay Zims!

I don't know how you are excited? I'm still 9 days away and it finally hit me today. I've been shaking ever since. So little time so many little things that still need to be done.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yay Zims! I can't wait for pictures.

Amanda-I didn't realize I would need so much, guess it's time for me to go ahead and dig up my birth certificate, I'm sure it's around here somewhere. I really thought I would just need photo ID, my SS card and the marriage certificate. Oh well, better to take too much than too little, I guess. 

FI's birthday is tomorrow, he'll be 25! I think we're going to join a gym during the day and then go to a swanky dinner that night. Mmmmmm.
  • Options
    I need to start packing ahhh lol. I'm trying to get the apartment cleaned up and get all the wedding stuff together to bring home. I have a list of what I need to pack but have yet to start lol
  • Options
    Every base is different. Some are much more strict than others when it comes to getting your military ID. It's always good to come prepared. As far as this being required before his leave is approved, that's just a bit odd to me. Why can't they approve it even if you aren't in DEERS yet?
  • Options
    Oh and H and I are in Atlantic City!!!! He's on his predeployment leave right now so we are just spending as much time as we can. We also had the ILs over for almost a week, love them but glad to have alone time with H!
  • Options
    Kara - I think it was more of his command telling everyone that they needed to "Get your shiiit together before leaving" Nothing really official.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hey everyone! :D I've been totally MIA lately...Of course I don't have internet at my parents and I FINALLY got my phone working again so it's jUst TK mobile for me for a while. Living sans FI is kinda strange and truthfully, I miss him TONS right now. Of course it's nothing compared to you ladies going through a deployment.                                                                                                                                                                       ALSO, have a great day tomorrow Zims!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards