New Jersey
Options

Marriage License Drama

So I sent my DH to go pick up our marriage license out in Warren, where we got married. He gets there and they tell him that he can't get his license because the lady who does that isn't there that day (despite the hours/days that the website says). Why can't anyone else help him?

So they told him that they will only give copies of the license and not the actual license, is that true? I wasn't so sure so I couldn't tell him one way or another over the phone. They wanted to charge him $10 per copy. Needless to say, because the lady wasn't there, he couldn't even pay the $10 to get a copy. They said that they could do it by mail but don't provide any instructions on their website of how to do so.

The real kicker? The lady that was there tells him "Tell your wife not to change her name". HOW RUDE! 

Now I have to figure out how I get this taken care of.......

Re: Marriage License Drama

• Options
    Yes, $10 is the standard price to receive a certified copy of your marriage certificate. I'd advise getting more than one. We decided on three, just incase. One of them you should always keep in a safety deposit box at your bank. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I had to pay $10 for each certified copy.  I called the board of health in the town we got married and she emailed me a form to fill out that had to be sent back along with the check.  We have 3 copies as B2Z728 does. 
  • Options
    I just got home and my DH did get the form that I have to fill out. I just thought I'd be able to get it today. Oh well.
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_marriage-license-drama-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:51d55dd8-7d62-4d46-bb8b-f9d92a2fcf19Post:4ff4c8db-16e5-4ef4-b4f6-51cc05be6b19">Re: Marriage License Drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had to pay $10 for each certified copy.  I called the board of health in the town we got married and she emailed me a form to fill out that had to be sent back along with the check.  We have 3 copies as B2Z728 does. 
    Posted by tiffany104[/QUOTE]

This. We sent in a check and a copy of my DL and she sent us 3 copies of the license.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards