North Carolina
Options

Indoor/outdoor ceremony/reception sites in Wilmington?

Hello, My name isJennie and my FI's name is Matt. I am pretty new to all of the planning and whatnot, and we just started thinking about dates. We are looking at Sept. 10th, 2011 or October 1st 2011. I am living in Wilmington right now, he lives in the Morehead city area. Looking to have our wedding in Wilmington, but need to find some good sites. Ideally an indoor/outdoor setting would be wonderful, any ideas (on anything really since I have just started all of this! :) ? Any thoughts are appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 135 Invited
image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
RSVP Date: Sept 08
http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/

Re: Indoor/outdoor ceremony/reception sites in Wilmington?

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some friends were married a few years ago at the Roudabush building in downtown.  They had the ceremony outside and the reception upstairs inside.  It was good for a small group, maybe 50 people.

• Options
    MGC1213MGC1213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You need to get yourself a Cape Fear Wedding magazine it has all the local stuff you'll need! Well for places these is Orton Plantation, out in Brunswick county, also Wrightsville Beach has you know beach weddings try Shell Island Resort .  There is the Balcony on dock, the Bellamy Mansion, Airlie Gardens, the Battleship, oh a pretty one Cameron Art Museum, the Hilton downtown on the river, or you can do the Henrietta the boat the ferry boat that leaves out of downtown. Tons of choices!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help out much with Wilmington, but I did want to welcome you to the board!  There are a lot of beach brides here that I'm sure will be able to chime in and help you out!  Congrats on your engagement!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Wilmington and we are having our reception at the Halyburton Park events center. It's indoor/outdoor and is gorgeous... and is very affordable. There's a link to the site in my bio.

Also agreed with PP about the cape fear wedding magazine and site, it's been a lifesaver for me. I do not live in WIlmington and I've been planning everything from OOT, so it's been a big help!

Let me know if I can help you with any other reccomendations!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kernvaleriekernvalerie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend 128 South Events and Catering in downtown Wilmington (on Front Street).  It's an awesome space - and is affordable.  We're getting married there next May.  They have a website with pics and pricing.

I wanted to add - they currently do not have an outdoor space if you tour the place.  But they are in the process of buiding a deck on the back of the building.  I was told it should be ready by the time my wedding rolls around so it should definitely be ready by Sept/Oct 2011!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not too far away from Wilmington, about 30 minutes, is the Surf City Visitors Center. I just had my wedding there in May. It is very budget friendly if that is a concern for you. Just google and you'll find it. There are two others on the board using this venue.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Look on www.capefearwedding.com  They have a lot of venues on there.  Just FYI Orton Plantation mentioned above is closed and not holding weddings anymore.

TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET BFN
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had two friends get married on the Henritta II boat.  It was beautiful! The only downside is the guest list limits!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Bellamy in July. You can do indoor/outdoor there, but the limit is about 150 people. I personally wouldn't do more than 100 there. We are doing both outside in the garden with the buffet inside, but like the option of rain protection (and AC!). In September or October, I think it would be beautiful & the heat would start winding down a little bit (at least in October). The rental coordinator there is Braxton & he's the best.

You have lots of great suggestions here. Congrats & welcome to the board.
  • Options
    jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I had no idea so many people responded! Thank you all for your help, it is so much appreciated! I will get on the cape fear wedding website and magazine and search out some places and look into some of the other suggested places! So many great ideas! Thank you all again so much! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the riverroom. It is gorgous! Downtown Wilmington right on the river! We are doing our ceremony on the river deck right out side it and then the reception is inside! I love it! Its soo pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI, the Henretta is not that cute! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards