California-Los Angeles
Options

Looking for a laid-back DJ

Hi LA knotties,

I've found some great recommendations on this board for all sorts of vendors, but I have a specific request.  My FI has very strong feelings about the DJ at our reception -- he wants to have a friend MC and doesn't like the idea of the DJ being very involved in terms of making announcements and interacting with the crowd.  He says he doesn't want "a stranger" introducing us, etc.  On the other hand, we want people to dance!  I know that lots of DJs pride themselves on their ability to interact with guests and be involved, and I'd personally be okay with that, but for the sake of my FI I'm thinking I should ask around to see if anyone has been in a similar position and if they've worked with anyone who was good at keeping the dance floor full but wasn't necessarily on the mic very much.

Any recs?  Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for a laid-back DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have just the one for you:  Eric with Socal- DJ.  www.socal-dj.com.  He did my sister's wedding and he didn't speak much, but kept the dance floor packed.  HTH!
  • Options
    katzluv88katzluv88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using so cal photo lounge with the dj. He has two people. one is a dj and one is an mc. the mc was told to just do the simple annocements not interaction with the guests and although he wont be there doing much we wanted to make sure when announcements were made that everyone could understand him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    smecarteasmecartea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Music by Request and had DJ Lou. He was great. Played all the music I wanted. They really listen to what you need budget wise and your requests. Highly recommend the company!
  • Options
    jaswrxjaswrx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi, Justin Stern from JAS Productions here!

It looks like we offer EXACTLY what you are going for.  We generally only MC when necessary (introductions, setting up special dances, toasts, etc)

Check us out at www.djjasonline.com  to get a feel for our style, and make sure to mention theknot.com, and you will receive 15% off! 

Thanks,

Justin

JAS Productions

805 204 4037

• Options

Props FX...brady and ammon are the best!

• Options
    djfrankie@roadrunner.com very laidback great guy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards