Colorado

Northern CO wedding cake Bakery

This past Monday I ordered and paid in full for my wedding cakes at Schmidt's bakery in Loveland. Then on Wednesday they were shut down for not paying taxes. I am lost now because everyone that I spoke with said that was the place to go.
Any Ideas or recomendations?

Re: Northern CO wedding cake Bakery

• HBookmanHBookman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard about that, how stressing! I have friends who are using them as well for their wedding in May, I had to make the phone call to tell them about it after I read that in the paper yesterday.

The new article in the Coloradoan today says that they're going to try and work with the city to be re-opened in time for Easter, so there might still be hope. If your wedding isn't coming up super soon, you might want to give it a few weeks to see if they can resolve the tax issues and reopen.

Otherwise, I tried cake by Cakes by Tanya at a bridal fair up here before we decided to get married in Colorado Springs, and it was reallllllly good. I'd say her cakes were better than the ones we ended up getting for our wedding. I can't speak to her prices or anything, though. Her website is www.cakesbytanya.com. There is also another Loveland bakery (can't remember which one) that is offering discounts to brides who booked with them, that's mentioned in the Coloradoan article today.

Good luck!! Hopefully they'll reopen and won't cause you any further stress!
  • edited December 2011
    If you're okay with cupcakes, the Buttercream Cupcakery in Fort Collins has fantastic ones. Robin is wonderful to work with, as well.
  • andyjill2010andyjill2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear this!
    You should call Marci at Colorado Rose Cake Company.  She is in Berthoud. She is our making our wedding cake and was referred to us by the Stanley Hotel (where we are getting married)
    Here is her website - http://www.coloradorosecakeco.com/
    Her cakes are amazing, lots of variety, reasonably priced and she is really nice.
    Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Rachael at Inticate Icings, her cakes are AMAZING!! www.intricateicings.com
    JuneFlowers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • juliehojulieho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone heard anything about Simplicity Cakes in Englewood?  I am getting married in Estes Park.  I live in Idaho and I had set up an appointment to meet with them this past weekend when I was in town.  The day of I never heard from them and they were not answering their phone.  
  • edited December 2011
    Use Babettes's in Fort Collins.  We were also considering Schmidt but Babette had MUCH better cake and was cheaper.  She was also much more concerned with the cake and with the customer.

DH is a 6th generation coloradoan and his entire family thought we were insane for not using Schmidt's.  They were very doubtful our cake would be any good and after they tried it they said that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had.

Link to her website in bio. 
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • edited December 2011
    Also, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.  When we heard the news, the first thing we thought of were all the brides who had wedding cake orders there!

Did you get any of your money back?

Like I said, Babette has REALLY good cake.  She even uses fresh ingredients, not that jelly stuff that schmidt's used.  Even if you don't go with her, I highly recommend going for a taste test!
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that. I hope by now you have gotten your money back from them. 

We are using The Begal Bakery for our wedding in April 2011! They are located in Thornton CO so not sure how far you wanted to travel for a teast test.

The owner is really nice and has answered all my questions. We meet with the Cake baker and she was awsome.

http://www.thebagelbakery.net/index.html
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • princessyetzprincessyetz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Colorado Rose Cake Co. in Loveland.  Their cakes are amazing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards