South Asian Weddings

Great Indian Wedding Favor Idea!

I found a great item to use as a wedding favor and place card holder in one!  Pier 1 Imports and Costplus World Marketplace have been selling the cute little jeweled/lac/pill boxes.  These can be foun din all colors online but the ones in the stores I just mentioned are larger than the online boxes available and much cheaper.  Some come in sets of 3 for about $7 a set.  Some of the sets are in red, gold, green.  Other sets are silver, pink, champagne, etc. Each one also has a little wire at the top to double as a placecard holder AND favor.  I am using them in my wedding.  I am going to put Indian chai tea bags inside these little boxes, but mints or almonds would work as well.

Re: Great Indian Wedding Favor Idea!

• edited December 2011
    That sounds adorable.  Post a pic!
  • edited December 2011
    I saw them on the website. They're very pretty, but kinda pricey - something like three boxes for $10.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dee23dee23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lovematch- what kind of tea are you using?  I am planning to give tea bags and biscotti as my favor.  With my thank you note I was going to type "Love is brewing." if you want to use it!
  • lovematchlovematch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It will probably be chai tea.  I like that "Love is brewing" line.  :)

• edited December 2011

I loved your idea so checked those sites, but couldn't find what you were talking about. Can you post a link??

• lovematchlovematch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I stumbled across these in November.  I bought mine on sale for $7 set of 3.  They are in the Pier 1 Imports stores but are often hidden.  You have to ask for the set of three jeweled boxes.  I am attempting to insert a picture of mine.  I hope this works.....They double as placecard holders.  I found some miniature envelopes at Joanne Fabrics and stamped them with henna stamps in gold ink I found at Michael's craft store.  Inside the envelopes I am placing a little notecard with a personal note to each and every couple/single individual.  It will take awhile, but I love the personal touches.  The guest names and table names will be written on each of these stamped envelopes in gold ink as well.  Inside the boxes, I will be putting some round tea bags that I bought in bulk at a local place.  It's a placecard and wedding favor all in one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards