North Carolina-Outer Banks

What's Your Friday Obsession

Happy Friday Ladies & Gent!!
TGIF, that's all I can say. This week has been bruuuutal at work for me. Dealing with angry clients is no fun at all. Anyhoooo.....now Friday is here and tonight I will get my drink on! lol

So, I want to know- what are you currently obsessing over for your wedding? Is it your pictures, your invites, your welcome bags, or maybe your accessories???

This week for me it's been all about the acitivity packets I'm making for the kiddys. And the OOT bags.
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: What's Your Friday Obsession

• edited December 2011
    How about EVERYTHING! :-)  However, all I can think about is my beautiful "bride to be" in a yet to be determined dress, me standing on the beach, turning around and seeing her beginning her walk down the "aisle" in all her beauty, tears streaming down my face.  Yup i'm a sap.  Getting goosers just thinking about it and we are still 15 months away!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I can't figure out some of my major details, mainly:

- COLORS!  108 Budleigh has gold chairs and I don't want to pay to replace them or cover them so I think I will need to incorporate gold, how are other Budleigh brides dealing with this?  I want purple, ivory, green and SILVER, but afraid I am stuck with gold

- Bridal party- to have just a MOH (my sister) or a whole party. 

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Philly- Awwwww! That is too cute.

JAK- Gold chairs, huh? That is a tough one. What about using chair covers? Not sure if they would bust your budget, but it might be an option. I can actually see purple, ivory and green going with gold, but maybe that's just me. Are they like shiny gold?
  • JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

They are gold chavari, so really pretty, just not my style, I am a silver girl.  Covers are just as much as replacing them with different chairs, so I think I will stick with them.  I dont think people will really notice anyways and I will just use some gold here and there. I guess I know what to do, but I am still stressing about it!  Thanks for the help SB!

• edited December 2011
    JAK33- I would be stressing too but I bet no one will notice them. I know I don't notice things like that at a wedding.

Lately I have been obsessed with how to do my hair and centerpieces.  More hair than anything though.  I want it down or part down but I am afraid it't too windy there.  I am doing my own hair so I should start practicing (I'm an ex hairdresser so I should be ok)
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about when we go on vacation in September and concerned about picking the right venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Philly....you are just too sweet :)

JAK....I agree with SB, no one will probably notice the chairs :)  If you do decide to rent chair covers, let me know b/c my bff got married last year and rented them from an out of state company and even with the S&H, it was still cheaper than renting from anywhere down there.

I have a lot of things going on right now:

Printing invitations
    Stuffing & mailing invitations
    **drink glass of wine**
    Finalizing GM attire
    Figuring out what to do with my hair
    **drink another glass of wine**
    Finalizing centerpieces
    Finalizing my flowers
    Get OOT bags together
    **to hell with it, drink the whole damn bottle**

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ksj- Don't worry! You guys will know when you find the right venue.

OBX- How much do I love your posts??? They always crack me up! You DO have alot going on....tick-tock, it's only 2 months away for you! Crazy how thing last few months just flies by isn't it? Drink some extra for me tonight :)
  • edited December 2011
    Truth be told, OBX is getting little done because of that bottle.  Me thinks I need to take it away.  Momma's work is never done.  (Just thought the baby bottle would be the only one to take away.)

Philly, every girl dreams of a guy like you.  But I bet OBX's FI will shed at least 1 tear.
  • obxlaurakobxlaurak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venues!  I am obsessing over finding a place that is budget friendly, fits our needs, and is pretty!

I flipping LIVE on the OBX, why isn't this easier for me?!?!
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_whats-friday-obsession?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:ffcec47e-267d-48d9-9bf2-2806e47f57e6Post:d2e2a769-ddfa-4e70-9923-676da14709cd">Re: What's Your Friday Obsession</a>:
    [QUOTE]They are gold chavari, so really pretty, just not my style, I am a silver girl.  Covers are just as much as replacing them with different chairs, so I think I will stick with them.  I dont think people will really notice anyways and I will just use some gold here and there. I guess I know what to do, but I am still stressing about it!  Thanks for the help SB!
    Posted by JAK33[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone would notice the chairs.  They only notice them when they're really ugly, or an obviously bad color, like burgundy.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_whats-friday-obsession?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:ffcec47e-267d-48d9-9bf2-2806e47f57e6Post:a455f648-9c83-474e-a3a0-904b93423268">Re: What's Your Friday Obsession</a>:
    [QUOTE]Philly....you are just too sweet :) JAK....I agree with SB, no one will probably notice the chairs :)  If you do decide to rent chair covers, let me know b/c my bff got married last year and rented them from an out of state company and even with the S&H, it was still cheaper than renting from anywhere down there. I have a lot of things going on right now: Printing invitations Stuffing & mailing invitations <strong>**drink glass of wine**</strong> Finalizing GM attire Figuring out what to do with my hair <strong>**drink another glass of wine**</strong> Finalizing centerpieces Finalizing my flowers Get OOT bags together <strong>**to hell with it, drink the whole damn bottle**
    </strong>Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

LMBO!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

RSVPs!!!! 

They are due back 7/10.  Some yes, some no.  Got a decline from an aunt and uncle, but they enclosed a very, very generous cash gift.  Thought I was reading too many zeros.  Would have been nice to see them though.  And, my invites sent to Canada still haven't arrived even though they were sent weeks ago.  Postal strike going on and not sure when that will be resolved, so I sucked it up and emailed them yesterday.  Such a shame because they turned out nice too and I even bought the international postage for the RSVPs.

And, my 1st dress fitting on Wednesday...

Only 51 days left for me.

• edited December 2011
    I guess I'm stressing about ceremony music.  Don't think I want to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on live music, for only a few minutes.  But I get worried taking my ipod and ipod dock on the beach- even just a little bit of sand could ruin it, and we all know, that if it goes on the beach, there will for sure be sand that gets in it! 

Also, at each person's place at the table, I was going to put a flat vertical "thank you" photo card tucked into a folded napkin.  I ordered the cards last weekend, they came in yesterday, and I'm not a big fan of them.  They look like a thick paper, rather than a smooth, glossy picture, if that makes sense.  I'll probably suck it up and use them anyway, but ehh not what I pictured.  Oh well.

I made my favors today, and they turned out so cute!  Little seashell picture frames I'm using as name cards.  I'll attach a picture.  Otherwise, just trying to get together the rest of the stuff for my centerpieces.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chrissie,
    These favors are SOOOOO cute!! I love them! What a great idea. And you made them yourself?? Man, do I wish I had crafty skills like you!

I get what you're saying about the ceremony music. Could you set up a little stool to place the ipod/dock on? Maybe place it a little out of the way or something? We decided to shell out the extra cash to have a solo violinist, and though it's expensive and we had to cut other things so we could have it, I'm happy we did. It's a tough call though.

And I'm sorry your cards didn't turn out how you expected. This is a long shot maybe but could you laminate them? That would make them more shiny.
  • edited December 2011
    Well Sarah, I didn't MAKE the frames, I ordered them.  Haha.  But I made the little name cards today, and cut them, and put them in the frame.  Haha.  Oh I wish I was crafty too, let me tell ya!

I thought about setting up a table for the ipod, what about sand blowing?  I'm just not sure I want to risk it, being that ipod music is going to be our reception music as well.

Laminating them may work!  Thanks for the idea!  Where can I do that at?  I"ll check at work first, to see if there is a laminter there.  Thanks Sarah!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you bag or saran wrap the iPod?
  • edited December 2011

As far as sand and the ipod go... it was fine. We ran a long cord under the sand from the ipod to the speaker and gave it to DH (what?! how weird is that instead of FI?!) brother.  He was able to tuck it into his pocket and operate it for the entrance and exit. Then we just let it play for cocktails and propped it up on his chair.  It's still good as new.

Hair-- I was nervous about how my hair would hold up with the wind.  Everyone was telling me not to worry about having it done because it would just blow out anyway.  While it DID blow out by the time the evening winds rolled in during our after dinner pictures, it lasted for most of the night.  My make-up lasted too.  I brought a few different hair pictures and several different hair accessories and then told her to use her judgement on what would look best/last the longest.  We played with it together until it was exactly what I wanted.

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_whats-friday-obsession?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:ffcec47e-267d-48d9-9bf2-2806e47f57e6Post:359f879a-d864-4874-843c-9ca1ebe90e8c">Re: What's Your Friday Obsession</a>:
    [QUOTE]As far as sand and the ipod go... it was fine. We ran a long cord under the sand from the ipod to the speaker and gave it to DH (what?! how weird is that instead of FI?!) brother.  He was able to tuck it into his pocket and operate it for the entrance and exit.

Love the idea of using the iPod.  How many people did you have and could everyone hear it?  Thats what would make me nervous, as we'll have at least 100.  But spending the extra $300 at least on ceremony music is not fun either!

I've been obessing about finalizing our rental home. I think we've finally done it though!  We are going with the house "Fearing Cottage" owned by the people that own our venue 108 Budleigh.  This is 9BR so we are also renting an 8BR house across the beach road.  We have quite a bit of family and wedding party to house ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_whats-friday-obsession?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:ffcec47e-267d-48d9-9bf2-2806e47f57e6Post:119b9def-4ebf-4868-9978-1be60c38954a">Re: What's Your Friday Obsession</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well Sarah, I didn't MAKE the frames, I ordered them.  Haha.  But I made the little name cards today, and cut them, and put them in the frame.  Haha.  Oh I wish I was crafty too, let me tell ya! I thought about setting up a table for the ipod, what about sand blowing?  I'm just not sure I want to risk it, being that ipod music is going to be our reception music as well.<strong> Laminating them may work!  Thanks for the idea!  Where can I do that at?</strong>  I"ll check at work first, to see if there is a laminter there.  Thanks Sarah!
    Posted by ChrissieK5[/QUOTE]

Krissie-
    Most teachers have laminaters at their school- do you have any friends or family who are teachers? If not, I'm sure they do it at Kinko's or another printer too- just not sure of the cost.
  • edited December 2011
    Of course I don't know a teacher!! Haha that would be too easy! I work at a hospital, I bet there's one there.. I'll see
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards