Snarky Brides

Am I a Snarky Bride?

My MOH dropped out with 3 months to go, saying she wasn't enjoying herself and was tired of the bossing around.  My aunt (her mom) is also telling me I should listen to other people's ideas.  I have, if fact I've changed or removed a lot of my original ideas because of my bridemaids imputs.  My other two maids say I haven't bossed them once.  I always thought since I'm the bride, I have final say on things like dress, shoes, hair, etc.  Am I wrong?

Re: Am I a Snarky Bride?

• I think that if your MOH dropped out with three months to go saying that you were too bossy....that you should probably take a very hard look at your own behavior.  Of course your other bridesmaids said you weren't being bossy-I'd have a hard time telling a friend to their face that they were indeed being bossy (they were probably just being nice).  You do have final say on your wedding details, but you also need to make sure your wedding party is comfortable.
  • edited August 2012
    1. I believe the word you're looking for is 'input.'

2. Dress, sure, that's to be expected. Though it is nice if you let them choose between several dresses or any dress of a specified length and color. Shoes, not so much. You have to pay for them if you want a specific pair, and that could still mean hours of pain for your bridesmaids which is kind of rude. Hair, no. Even if you pay for it, I think it's weird and micromanaging to tell your bridesmaids how to wear their hair.
  • I don't think snarky means what you think it does.  

I need more details about how you were being bossy before I can say whether you were being bridezilla'ish or not.
  • Terms like "final say" are concerning... I agree with those who say you need to take a long hard look at your behavior. It might NOT be you, but if it is you need to check yourself before you turn your wedding party into former friends.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-a-snarky-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e830e58-47b8-46d4-8b2a-222e8e20fcc0Post:94bf034d-1876-436c-a435-cfc546a3c478">Re: Am I a Snarky Bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Terms like "final say" are concerning.</strong>.. I agree with those who say you need to take a long hard look at your behavior. It might NOT be you, but if it is you need to check yourself before you turn your wedding party into former friends.
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

Wait, seriously?  Come on Lenore.  Of course she has final say.  It's her damn wedding.

Now, the real question lies in whether or not her "final say" is completely unreasonable.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-a-snarky-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e830e58-47b8-46d4-8b2a-222e8e20fcc0Post:4f08714b-9737-4f1b-9146-59e81c71a9d2">Re: Am I a Snarky Bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Am I a Snarky Bride? : Wait, seriously?  Come on Lenore.  Of course she has final say.  It's her damn wedding. Now, the real question lies in whether or not her "final say" is completely unreasonable.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh, I get that but TERMS like "final say" may still be concerning. It is like people who say "but I AM her supervisor"  - just taking that stance can lead to a bitchtastic attitude. Have your final say if it's your wedding - I sure did but don't be a butt about it.</div><div>
    </div>
  • So after a few days, I finally got a returned call from my ex MOH and turns out what she consindered bossy was me telling her what I wanted to do for my bachelorette party.  She had a totally different party planned out (in her head) because she didn't think I wanted to go bar hopping and party, since I no longer did that sort of thing.  She felt as MOH she should plan the party without my input and was upset that I told what to do.  So my BM's were being honest when they told me they never felt bossed around.

But thanks for the input, and by the way I was just giving examples my bm's all choose their dress, shoes, and hair together.  My only requirement for hair was they were similar and they wore these jewel clips that I bought. And yes, it is my damn wedding and so I am entitled to final say when it comes to everything else. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards