October 2013 Weddings

Couple thoughts- please read and give input

First, I was going through my PMs and I have 5 of them and didn't know. Please, please, please if you send someone a PM give them a shout out  **stina51286** would be the headline of your post. That way, who ever you are sending it to, will know. I don't think TK sends out notifications for PMs.

Secondly, one of you knotties PMed me about a potential FB private group/page. I do it with another board I am on and am willing to start one for October 2013 ladies if people are interested. If so, please send me a way to find you on FB and I will add you as a friend. Once we are friends, I can add you into the group and we can chat, ask questions, send pictures all that stuff esp since TK eats things a lot. One issue with the FB page though is this board will slow down even more, and we don't want that.

Let me know your thoughts and I will take everything into consideration.

Thanks!

Re: Couple thoughts- please read and give input

• No body wants to play with me :(

• I wouldn't be very interested in the FB page. We have one for my local board, and it's dead! I come on here to talk wedding. I go on FB to learn useless info about people I kind of know Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd be down for a FB page... less buggy than TK.
  • I would also be interested in a FB page if there are enough people on there to talk with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Lauren and Miller YGPMs

• I would be interested in a FB page.  I haven't been coming on TK very much...sometimes I'm just too busy.  But I can access FB from my phone so it makes it easier.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would be interested in FB, since it's easier to chat, and you don't have to scroll forever to see the most rescent post on a particular topic.  By the way, it's pretty easy to do a Group list instead of doing a compete friending thing.
  • If enough people wanted to do it, I would be interested.
  • PM me a way to find you. Best way is to go into your account settings and see what your URL is.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_couple-thoughts-please-read-and-give-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b52f74dc-782e-4f25-a284-05b99354b4caPost:3aebd912-a205-437b-a167-687b85cce55c">Re: Couple thoughts- please read and give input</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="https://www.facebook.com/lerissa.chevis" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/lerissa.chevis</a> add me!
    Posted by GoldenCityDreamer[/QUOTE]

Added

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_couple-thoughts-please-read-and-give-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b52f74dc-782e-4f25-a284-05b99354b4caPost:347fd5fa-5770-44c0-a849-076436ef063e">Re: Couple thoughts- please read and give input</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't be very interested in the FB page. We have one for my local board, and it's dead! I come on here to talk wedding. I go on FB to learn useless info about people I kind of know Lol
    Posted by lconoran[/QUOTE]

Haha. Exactly!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_couple-thoughts-please-read-and-give-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b52f74dc-782e-4f25-a284-05b99354b4caPost:d39463e4-9bc8-4d73-9f94-b3dc5f8c9cb2">Re: Couple thoughts- please read and give input</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would be interested in FB, since it's easier to chat, and you don't have to scroll forever to see the most rescent post on a particular topic.  <strong>By the way, it's pretty easy to do a Group list instead of doing a compete friending thing.</strong>
    Posted by libby18bell[/QUOTE]

I tried this with Golden, it didn't work. Do you know how to do it?

• libby18belllibby18bell member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    Stina if you want to set up the group that works for me, or I can.  On the left hand side of FB  you click on Groups, then you click on create groups.  There are various privacy options.  If you are good with monitoring the group so only people who message you can be in the group, then I would suggest option #3 "Secret," Only members can see who is in it and what they post, a few of my existing groups are option #2.

Whatever works best for you.  Let me know if it doesn't work for you and I can set it up.  I just figured since you have been awesome about the board you may want to be the administrator.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_couple-thoughts-please-read-and-give-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:b52f74dc-782e-4f25-a284-05b99354b4caPost:08cc860a-8ed6-49ba-be51-8cd2615288d4">Re: Couple thoughts- please read and give input</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stina if you want to set up the group that works for me, or I can.  On the left hand side of FB  you click on Groups, then you click on create groups.  There are various privacy options.  If you are good with monitoring the group so only people who message you can be in the group, then I would suggest option #3 "Secret," Only members can see who is in it and what they post, a few of my existing groups are option #2. Whatever works best for you.  Let me know if it doesn't work for you and I can set it up.  I just figured since you have been awesome about the board you may want to be the administrator.
    Posted by libby18bell[/QUOTE]

Libby, I have it set up! It is set at secret so the only people who can add people is me. If you are friends with another knottie that is part of 10/2013 you can invite, but I have to approve it first. I am in another group with another board (I love those ladies to death) and it is monitored pretty well.

• I would be down for a FB page.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would be interested also Silvia hearts coupons is my name. Thanks excited to start planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards