Rhode Island

Photographer Pricing

Hi Ladies!
I am more of a lurker on here... I need to start participating more!
We have been going back and forth with photographers right now...
I was wondering who you are using, and if you don't mind saying, how much you are paying?  I have done some research and I guess we are looking for 7 hours the day of the wedding (I'd like some pics of me getting ready, the ceremony, formals with bridal party & then first dance, no dancing after that)...with E-pics.
Thanks in Advance!

Re: Photographer Pricing

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the board! If you have some time, please introduce yourself in the Intro thread sticky at the top of the forum. Thanks!

As for photography, I used Visual-Obsession and Monika Rose from Monika Rose Photography (she was their assistant shooter). We liked their style - modern, fresh and editorial. I had full day coverage (unlimited hours), First Look session or Engagement session, rights to reprint with all of our images edited on high resolution DVDs plus a slideshow with music and a website hosting all of our images for friends and family to view. Our photographers included a small photo card from our First Look session and provided that for our guests at the reception. You also get web versions of all your pictures too. We paid $3250 for their services. I believe their rates have gone up since then but because photography was very high on our list, it was worth the investment for us. 

If you have a preferred style or budget, let us know. The girls on here are a wealthy of knowledge. There is definitely someone for everyone in every price range. Most importantly though, find a photographer that you click with - someone who shares your wedding day vision. G.L
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Memories RI and I have 3 shooters, all day coverage, a 12 x 12 heirloom photobook and they are doing my videography for about $3900, they gave me a discount because I am having a Friday wedding and also because I booked my videography through them as well.  I already had an engagement shoot, so they took that out as well to bring the cost down for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am using MemoriesRI. I booked their highest package prior to their prices going up so I got a pretty good deal but their packages now start at I believe around 2,700 and go up to 3,400.

All of their packages include:
    e-session with images
    two photographers
    all-day coverage
    web gallery of images/print release

The difference in the package prices basically comes down to whether you want an album and what size.

They also now do videography which I think you can add to your package for around $1,200. I didnt book mine with them as I booked mine with someone else prior to them adding this to their services.

www.memoriesri.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I hired Portrait New England. My package is $2500 and I get two photographers, 6 hours of wedding day coverage, a main album and two parent albums, a disk of all the pictures that I can reprint anywhere, an online gallery so everyone else can see my pictures too (if they have the password, that is), and an engagement session with a disk of all of those pictures too.

• jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Scott Zuehlke and we paid over $7000 for our photos.  It was worth every penny.  We had a shooter at our RD, 2 photographers on our wedding for the entire day and night - they even came out to the bar with us after to shoot some photos.  We also got our album, all the prints, CD with rights to all the images, online gallery, and engagement shoot.

Photography was at the top of our list for important wedding things and I absolutely do not regret my decision.  Scott was fantastic and such a joy to work with.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    WOW Thanks girls!
    This is so helpful- I really appreciate it.
    I will keep you in the loop and let you know which direction we go in :)
    THANKS!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    I am using Casey from Hello, Love Photography.

We are paying $2400 (but this is 2011 rates), which includes 10 hrs of shooting. Cds with all of our edited images and rights to the images. Our engagement shoot is an extra $175.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • shanski27shanski27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using SNAP Photography. Out of respect to the owners I won't share what we're paying but I will say that at first glance their prices were way more than what we were able to spend and they worked with us to craft a package that fit in our budget and really gave us the things we wanted. I highly recommend them.

Another person that we also considered (and was a finalist) was Kevin Trimmer. Great guy, reasonable rates, and we loved his photos!
  • RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    edited December 2011
    We are using Zenobia Studios and I can't say enough good things about Jen!  She also has associate photographes, one is Kendalls who's work I really admire.  I really did not want to limit us since this is number one priority, we considered $3k and up.  Zenobia offers a lot of different packages and options.

We also met with Studio 1923 (our second choice they are AWESOME), Kevin Trimmer (great picing and quality of photos, style was not the best fit), Sara Zarrella (didn't click with her personality). 

Good luck this was the hardest part for me!
  • edited December 2011
    Shanski27,
    Hi, could you email me? I have some questions about Kevin Trimmer and Snap! Photography. I pm'd you, but not sure if you saw. www.locynbar@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards